The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
gnarterrorist wrote:
Slash 2019 9.8 gone through a couple small changes since purchase.

Ergon SME saddle and GE1 grips
and just upgraded the ReActive shock with a MegNeg upgrade. Running 2 bands and 1 token. Off the bat the shock feels so much more supple but will give it a good thrash tomorrow to see results. Dialed in at 30% sag with gear.

Was riding it down some pretty choppy terrain on the weekend and the standard shock was beating me up a bit. Walked into the local bike shop and was chatting away and I found out he sells the upgrade kits and had them in stock - with some of the info I've seen online it was like -um, yeah - I'll have one, thanks.

Might test it on the local downhill track. Today I'm still a bit beaten up and it has been pretty hot and feral in the land downundaCool

i've just done this to my shock as well, has made a world of difference. Ride this weekend was steep tech rather than flat out so keen to try it on more open trails, but feels so much better straight away. There is a lot more support, and feel like I can run it with more sag than I could before without feeling like it's going to bottom out.

Are you MegNeg guys getting full travel with it? I've heard rumors that it won't quite get it, but if it does, I'm getting one!

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 0:51 Quote

heres my first slash after 3 carbon remedys.
first rides felt good but some things are a bit strange: 160mm direct mount on the rear when the remedy is 180mm? cable routing in the chainstay is much better on the remedy to.
and the bike feels a bit shorter to the same size remedy (same cockpit, same seatpost and saddle position...) any idea why?

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 3:22 Quote
pAzk wrote:

first rides felt good but some things are a bit strange: 160mm direct mount on the rear when the remedy is 180mm? cable routing in the chainstay is much better on the remedy to.
and the bike feels a bit shorter to the same size remedy (same cockpit, same seatpost and saddle position...) any idea why?

The Remedy is a more recently updated frame to the Slash. Not sure what years and models you rode of the Remedies to compare. Check the geo numbers and length of the top tube between the two. The Slash cable routing is a bit meh on the chainstays.

With the MegNeg test ride today I was very happy with it. 2 bands and 1 token for me worked well and it seemed to be utilising it's travel well. Give it some more ride time but a huge improvement with buttery off the top compliance and great tracking of the rear wheel over bumps.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 4:31 Quote
gnarterrorist wrote:
pAzk wrote:

The Remedy is a more recently updated frame to the Slash. Not sure what years and models you rode of the Remedies to compare. Check the geo numbers and length of the top tube between the two. The Slash cable routing is a bit meh on the chainstays.

With the MegNeg test ride today I was very happy with it. 2 bands and 1 token for me worked well and it seemed to be utilising it's travel well. Give it some more ride time but a huge improvement with buttery off the top compliance and great tracking of the rear wheel over bumps.

2mm more tt ohne the Slash and 2mm more reach on the remedy 9.9 2019.
so there should be no difference

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
Think new slash & session coming 2020?

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:

nothing new on the slash except P1 model

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 5:07 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:

Can imagine the Slash will get updated geometry, such as the 54.6 HA the Rail was introduced with. It’s due an update in 2020.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 5:23 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:

New slash for sure.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
enduroFactory wrote:

New slash for sure.

In 2020, but it will be a 2021 model...

It will look like a Slash. But with Superboost.

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
enduroFactory wrote:

New slash for sure.

All 2020 models are released. 2021 will see updates or complete new bike with more travel maybe??

Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:
jurassicrider wrote:
enduroFactory wrote:

New slash for sure.

All 2020 models are released. 2021 will see updates or complete new bike with more travel maybe??

trek will most likely follow the trend like specialized did, with a bigger 29 slash, 170mm of travel will be my guess, at least front. Maybe a 64° head angle and a 76-77° seat tube angle.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
New slash in 2020 but 2021, to stop confusion.
Just check the updates all as rule longer then the current slash

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
MrDiamondDave wrote:
jurassicrider wrote:

New slash for sure.

trek will most likely follow the trend like specialized did, with a bigger 29 slash, 170mm of travel will be my guess, at least front. Maybe a 64° head angle and a 76-77° seat tube angle.

Except they'e just released the new Fuel EX and that leaves a pretty big hole in the lineup...

Unless the Remedy goes 29 and plugs the gap like a Norco Sight

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
I don't see the slash getting that big. Maybe update the slash and come out with the scratch again? Haha. They absolutely have room for both in their roster.

The remedy JUST got an update for 2019. I know it's Trek but I don't see them moving that fast and killing a little wheel bike after 1 year

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007230
Mobile Version of Website