The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 2:29 Quote
jacoblindstrom wrote:
photo

This is how my bike sits now. I'm wanting to get rid of the kashima dropper as I'm no longer going to throw a Factory fork on anymore. I am deciding on getting the Cane Creek DB CS, most likely I'll just go for it. I also bought a renthal stem in the 33mm length, it's wayyy to short lol. any recommendations on anything else I should change/upgrade?

Upgrade the damper in your fork to a Grip2 or RC2? That’s about it... lovely bike btw!

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 3:08 Quote
benleung wrote:
dirtrider121 wrote:
benleung wrote:
Finally got my Lyrik Ultimate on!
photo

Looks good mate, more pics! I'm thinking of getting the same for mine so gives me a better idea on whether to go black or red.

photo

Has to be red, haha

@benleung looks great mate. I've got the megneg on the reaktiv shock now, improved it slightly but would like a coil on there.

Looks like you're in Bangor? I grew up in Conwy, now down in Bristol. Some amazing natural stuff your way, was up over Xmas and some great natural stuff near the marin trail.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 3:57 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
benleung wrote:
dirtrider121 wrote:

Looks good mate, more pics! I'm thinking of getting the same for mine so gives me a better idea on whether to go black or red.

photo

Has to be red, haha

@benleung looks great mate. I've got the megneg on the reaktiv shock now, improved it slightly but would like a coil on there.

Looks like you're in Bangor? I grew up in Conwy, now down in Bristol. Some amazing natural stuff your way, was up over Xmas and some great natural stuff near the marin trail.

Small world! There's some real good hidden tracks around the Marin and I'm defiantly spoilt for choice!

I considered the megneg but bit the bullet and went for a coil. Ill put it to the test on Sunday and see how she feels.

photo
photo

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 7:35 Quote
jacoblindstrom wrote:
photo

This is how my bike sits now. I'm wanting to get rid of the kashima dropper as I'm no longer going to throw a Factory fork on anymore. I am deciding on getting the Cane Creek DB CS, most likely I'll just go for it. I also bought a renthal stem in the 33mm length, it's wayyy to short lol. any recommendations on anything else I should change/upgrade?
Swap out the fork (or damper at least). No problems here with the ccdb. I also went to an absolute black oval as soon as I could, but the biggest I could go and still clear the chainstay was a 32t.
photo

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 10:07 Quote
Has anyone here put a 42 off set from the normal 51mm on their existing slash? How did it feel?
Better or worse?
I have the RSL carbon which are a tad short anyway and by putting the reduced offset might make it a tad less stable? Yes/no?
Thanks

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
jacoblindstrom wrote:
photo

Swap out the fork (or damper at least). No problems here with the ccdb. I also went to an absolute black oval as soon as I could, but the biggest I could go and still clear the chainstay was a 32t.
photo

Should I keep the dropper? Or go black?

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 13:20 Quote
tafia wrote:
Has anyone here put a 42 off set from the normal 51mm on their existing slash? How did it feel?
Better or worse?
I have the RSL carbon which are a tad short anyway and by putting the reduced offset might make it a tad less stable? Yes/no?
Thanks

The new 2020 Slash models come with a 42mm offset as standard. They’ve done away with the 51mm this year. My 42 offset is perfect, I’ve no complaints

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 8:36 Quote
jacoblindstrom wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
jacoblindstrom wrote:
photo

photo

Should I keep the dropper? Or go black?
Keep it, I plan on getting a kashima one this spring, this drop line is at the end of its life

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
My friend and I got our slashes wrapped looks pretty good.
Trek s

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
Hey, what's set up is everyone using on the reaktiv shocks? After installing a megneg I'm still not convinced I've found a good set up.

Getting to a stage where I'm thinking of selling the bike as just can't get it right and don't want to spend too much on a new shock

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
jezzah wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:

Solid guys, quick shipping, great product.

Wheey, cheers!

Using this eccentric bushing kit on a 2016 Slash, factory sized 8.25x2.375, what size shock are you using?

I would assume there isn't a need for a bushing kit to install the 210x55 that Fox now offers so are you guys stepping up to to the 8.25x2.5?

Looking to either install a X2 or DHX2.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 17:25 Quote
You can install a 210x55 rear shock if you only wanna run like 145mm of travel on your slash I guess. Probably wouldn't be the worst bike with a 150mm front fork and kept in the slacker mode in minolink. I think generally you'll have a hell of a time fitting an X2 on slashes, and some won't take a DHX2 either. depends on frame material and size.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 17:56 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
You can install a 210x55 rear shock if you only wanna run like 140mm of travel on your slash I guess. Probably wouldn't be the worst bike with a 150mm front fork and kept in the slacker mode in minolink. I think generally you'll have a hell of a time fitting an X2 on slashes, and some won't take a DHX2 either. depends on frame material and size.

I saw a 205x60 size. If you did that plus offset bushings. You'd be pretty much mint

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 18:35 Quote
Unfortunately all the 205 shocks are trunion mount. I dont think youd have any luck fitting that to a 2016 and prior slash.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
You can install a 210x55 rear shock if you only wanna run like 145mm of travel on your slash I guess. Probably wouldn't be the worst bike with a 150mm front fork and kept in the slacker mode in minolink. I think generally you'll have a hell of a time fitting an X2 on slashes, and some won't take a DHX2 either. depends on frame material and size.

I have a size large 9.8 carbon frame.

I understand I'd give up travel going to the shorter stroked shock. I'm trying to figure out what others are using with these bushings that are being hyped up.

If no-one can provide any input I'll likely just wait another couple months to add to my shock fund and go Push ElevenSix since it is directly compatible.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021355
Mobile Version of Website