The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Unfortunately all the 205 shocks are trunion mount. I dont think youd have any luck fitting that to a 2016 and prior slash.

Why. The remedy is trunion and you convert it with same kit as slash

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 17:59 Quote
I guess I'd like to see how it fits before. The remedy also has trouble fitting some non trunion mount shocks so I don't think it's a good example anyway.

To the other commenter, I believe people are running 8.5×2.5 with the offset bushings.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 18:05 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
I guess I'd like to see how it fits before. The remedy also has trouble fitting some non trunion mount shocks so I don't think it's a good example anyway.

To the other commenter, I believe people are running 8.5×2.5 with the offset bushings.

Thats what I'm running. Got another set coming.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 7:42 Quote
Late last season my Rockshock rear went in for service, my LBS mechanic ended up with a 2020 Remedy, with a Fox Reactiv unit. I borrowed then bought it off him (he had an X2 for his remedy), feels a little less firm pedal platform, but not too plush.

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 7:47 Quote
kleinschuster wrote:
j-t-g wrote:
You can install a 210x55 rear shock if you only wanna run like 145mm of travel on your slash I guess. Probably wouldn't be the worst bike with a 150mm front fork and kept in the slacker mode in minolink. I think generally you'll have a hell of a time fitting an X2 on slashes, and some won't take a DHX2 either. depends on frame material and size.

I have a size large 9.8 carbon frame.

I understand I'd give up travel going to the shorter stroked shock. I'm trying to figure out what others are using with these bushings that are being hyped up.

If no-one can provide any input I'll likely just wait another couple months to add to my shock fund and go Push ElevenSix since it is directly compatible.

I went with the push 11-6 and never been happier. The shock is incredible handles everything aI throw at it. Now that I am thinking about a new bike I will only buy bikes that are compatible with that shock.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 22:43 Quote
But how do you bar spin with a style blocker????!!?!?!?

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 15:16 Quote
matai wrote:
But how do you bar spin with a style blocker????!!?!?!?

Throw bars really hard

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
What mounting hardware do I need to replace my thrushaft shock with a superdeluxe on my 2019 carbon slash?

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 9:45 Quote
What percent sag in the rear do you lot recommend for an overall playful but subtle rear end on a 2019 trek slash 8?

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 10:30 Quote
Motormouth1302 wrote:
What percent sag in the rear do you lot recommend for an overall playful but subtle rear end on a 2019 trek slash 8?

Stock shock? 28%. Any less and it gets really firm, really fast.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:

I couldn't do less than 30 without it feeling skiddish in the little loose chop stock.

Just added a megneg can. Tried it with the stock 2 tokens (full) and 2 Bands in the can. That wasn't great. Got wayy too stiff and had to run a ton of pressure to even get 35% sag.

Just switched to 3 bands and 1 token to try tomorrow. Seems like the pressure I need for 30-35% is more reasonable and is ramping up nicely compared to stock

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 14:15 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:
Motormouth1302 wrote:

I couldn't do less than 30 without it feeling skiddish in the little loose chop stock.

Just added a megneg can. Tried it with the stock 2 tokens (full) and 2 Bands in the can. That wasn't great. Got wayy too stiff and had to run a ton of pressure to even get 35% sag.

Just switched to 3 bands and 1 token to try tomorrow. Seems like the pressure I need for 30-35% is more reasonable and is ramping up nicely compared to stock

Definitely agree. Most of what I ride works best around 33-35%, but I can get away with less on packed down/flow trails and slightly lower rebound. Or I'll just accept the jarring chop/braking bumps if I'm on a jump line so I can have more fun with the stiffer setup.

I fear you won't get to where you want with 3 bands and 1 token, though. I'm about to swap the stock shock, as I don't think there's really any way to make it feel good. Probably the cheapest thing you can do is to NOT ride on a nicer rear shock (with this bike or any other) so you don't know any better!

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 14:24 Quote
kleinschuster wrote:
j-t-g wrote:
You can install a 210x55 rear shock if you only wanna run like 145mm of travel on your slash I guess. Probably wouldn't be the worst bike with a 150mm front fork and kept in the slacker mode in minolink. I think generally you'll have a hell of a time fitting an X2 on slashes, and some won't take a DHX2 either. depends on frame material and size.

I understand I'd give up travel going to the shorter stroked shock. I'm trying to figure out what others are using with these bushings that are being hyped up.

If no-one can provide any input I'll likely just wait another couple months to add to my shock fund and go Push ElevenSix since it is directly compatible.

You may want to check with Push. IIRC (double check my memory), they told me that they are discontinuing fitment for the Slash soon.

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 14:40 Quote
Fox Float X2 / Never look back

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 15:03 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
kleinschuster wrote:
j-t-g wrote:

You may want to check with Push. IIRC (double check my memory), they told me that they are discontinuing fitment for the Slash soon.
Is that true? Didn't they just release the fitment last year?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005365
Mobile Version of Website