The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 18:06 Quote
xetal wrote:
Fox Float X2 / Never look back

This is for a previous gen slash. X2's dont really fit on them.

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
Anyone tried 40mm stem instead of 50mm on Slash 29ers?

Opinions? Thx

Posted: Mar 1, 2020 at 19:18 Quote
Raxik wrote:
Anyone tried 40mm stem instead of 50mm on Slash 29ers?

Opinions? Thx

Yea. I liked it a lot. But I prefer the longer stem as I’m a little big on the bike

Posted: Mar 2, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
I would love to have an X2, but I'm not willing to spend the money on it. $90 upgrade to get some more progression is good enough for me. I know it's not the best, but it's good enough.

Posted: Mar 2, 2020 at 9:52 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
I would love to have an X2, but I'm not willing to spend the money on it. $90 upgrade to get some more progression is good enough for me. I know it's not the best, but it's good enough.

Have you had a chance to ride it yet? I have a Super Deluxe that I put the MegNeg on and it seems to work great. But I prefer the pedaling platform the stock shock has, so I'm running the stock shock right now. I have not had a chance to try the MegNeg on the stock shock.

Posted: Mar 2, 2020 at 14:25 Quote
luckyguy19 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

Have you had a chance to ride it yet? I have a Super Deluxe that I put the MegNeg on and it seems to work great. But I prefer the pedaling platform the stock shock has, so I'm running the stock shock right now. I have not had a chance to try the MegNeg on the stock shock.

Yes.
I rode it with 3 bands and 1 token and it was much better than with 2/2. I would say that it was similar in small bump as stock, but standing sprints and general liveliness with the shock open was definitely noticeably better than stock.

I am going to keep this setup but try a little more air pressure as I think i was sagging a little too deep into the stroke.

I cannot say that small bump sensitivity seemed any better, though. But I am ok with that as I have definitely gotten a more supportive feel in the midstroke and beyond.

It might be my imagination, but I think it makes the pedaling platform better, too. It's like the valve opens just a hair easier or faster or something and isn't as harsh.

Posted: Mar 2, 2020 at 15:09 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
luckyguy19 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:

Yes.
I rode it with 3 bands and 1 token and it was much better than with 2/2. I would say that it was similar in small bump as stock, but standing sprints and general liveliness with the shock open was definitely noticeably better than stock.

I am going to keep this setup but try a little more air pressure as I think i was sagging a little too deep into the stroke.

I cannot say that small bump sensitivity seemed any better, though. But I am ok with that as I have definitely gotten a more supportive feel in the midstroke and beyond.

It might be my imagination, but I think it makes the pedaling platform better, too. It's like the valve opens just a hair easier or faster or something and isn't as harsh.

I think I'll give it a go then. I was thinking of starting with 2 bands and no tokens in the shock. This is what I've seen other people run on the stock Slash shock and what I ran on my Super Deluxe. I really love the small bump sensitivity and plushness of the Super Deluxe. But you can really feel it wallowing when pedaling if you don't use the climb switch, it doesn't feel as efficient as the stock shock. I was hoping the MegNeg would firm up the pedaling on the Super Deluxe but it did not, I still need to constantly use the climb switch. This is easy to do on long climbs, but its harder when the terrain is constantly up and down.

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 8:22 Quote
Maybe I should try the 2 bands, no-token thing, but it just seemed like I was putting a ton of psi in to get the sag to even 35%

Anyone else try it that way on this thread?

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
luckyguy19 wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
luckyguy19 wrote:

Yes.

I think I'll give it a go then. I was thinking of starting with 2 bands and no tokens in the shock. This is what I've seen other people run on the stock Slash shock and what I ran on my Super Deluxe. I really love the small bump sensitivity and plushness of the Super Deluxe. But you can really feel it wallowing when pedaling if you don't use the climb switch, it doesn't feel as efficient as the stock shock. I was hoping the MegNeg would firm up the pedaling on the Super Deluxe but it did not, I still need to constantly use the climb switch. This is easy to do on long climbs, but its harder when the terrain is constantly up and down.

Just swapped to 2 bands, no tokens. Will update after next ride

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 13:33 Quote
I rode 2 tokens and 3 bands and wasn't great. Currently at 0 tokens 0 bands and working from there. Check the megneg post on the sram forum

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 18:04 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
I rode 2 tokens and 3 bands and wasn't great. Currently at 0 tokens 0 bands and working from there. Check the megneg post on the sram forum

I’m running 0 bands and 1 token. 270psi @225lb rider weight. I could prob drop the token for 99% of my riding but I like to have a little security for stupid mistakes or bike park stuff. I don’t bottom out with these settings.

I’m also running a 170mm Lyrik RC2 @92 psi and 0 tokens.

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 9:58 Quote
Just got done with a thorough ride with two bands and no tokens. Going to stick with this. Similar small bumps to stock, but with a lot more mid-stroke support. I don't feel like I'm giving anything up pedaling with the shock open when I'm doing sprints or race runs. If the climb is kind of steep I will still flip switch going uphill just to hold it up higher in the stroke (not for pedaling efficiency)

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 18:31 Quote
Anyone know if a RockShox super deluxe coil will fit the Slash 9.8? It's the one that comes on the Megatower.

I heard the Nomad one won't fit, but the Commencial Meta will. What about the new megatower? Will that fit the slash?

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
Anyone know if a RockShox super deluxe coil will fit the Slash 9.8? It's the one that comes on the Megatower.

I heard the Nomad one won't fit, but the Commencial Meta will. What about the new megatower? Will that fit the slash?

I do not believe any of the Santa Cruz ones will fit, they all have a bottom bearing. Only one with a normal eye-let will fit.

This;

Not This

Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 3:32 Quote
asking here because noone bothered to answer in the Trek section: I have a 180 oneup in a 21.5 Slash 8. Does anyone know if the 210 will fit slammed?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005840
Mobile Version of Website