The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Author Message
Posted: Mar 23, 2020 at 8:07 Quote
luckyguy19 wrote:
iliveonnitro wrote:
Anyone know if a RockShox super deluxe coil will fit the Slash 9.8? It's the one that comes on the Megatower.

I heard the Nomad one won't fit, but the Commencial Meta will. What about the new megatower? Will that fit the slash?

I do not believe any of the Santa Cruz ones will fit, they all have a bottom bearing. Only one with a normal eye-let will fit.

This;


Not This


Thanks!

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 1:19 Quote
Hi everybody,
Since I can't ride my bike because of self isolation, I spend a lot of my time looking at it Rolleyes .... I just noticed something I didn't saw before on the stock Thru shaft shock on my slash 8......


Do you think this is an oil leak, or is it normal to have a small amount of oil around the SAG ring? ( I have this bike for 6 months now).

Also, I just noticed that there is not much of a difference now between the 3 position of the shock....I feel like the blocking mode was way more efficient before.... but maybe I am becoming paranoid....

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 2:24 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
Hi everybody,
Since I can't ride my bike because of self isolation, I spend a lot of my time looking at it Rolleyes .... I just noticed something I didn't saw before on the stock Thru shaft shock on my slash 8......


Do you think this is an oil leak, or is it normal to have a small amount of oil around the SAG ring? ( I have this bike for 6 months now).

Also, I just noticed that there is not much of a difference now between the 3 position of the shock....I feel like the blocking mode was way more efficient before.... but maybe I am becoming paranoid....

The shock is fine, an oil ring around the stanchion is normal.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
Anything I need to watch out for when checking the Knockblock Headset on my slash? Planning to service mine tomorrow and would be good to know if there's anything delicate or easy to loose

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 12:34 Quote
El-Mustachio wrote:
Anything I need to watch out for when checking the Knockblock Headset on my slash? Planning to service mine tomorrow and would be good to know if there's anything delicate or easy to loose

nope, like a normal headset...

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 16:29 Quote
I am wondering if anyone has experienced a knocking feeling in the stock deluxe on the trek slash 8. The bike is nearly brand new, I've been out for maybe 4 rides on flow (zero jumps/drops) and the shock feels terrible.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 2:59 Quote
arweatherby wrote:
I am wondering if anyone has experienced a knocking feeling in the stock deluxe on the trek slash 8. The bike is nearly brand new, I've been out for maybe 4 rides on flow (zero jumps/drops) and the shock feels terrible.

Is it setup correctly?

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 4:10 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
arweatherby wrote:
I am wondering if anyone has experienced a knocking feeling in the stock deluxe on the trek slash 8. The bike is nearly brand new, I've been out for maybe 4 rides on flow (zero jumps/drops) and the shock feels terrible.

Is it setup correctly?

Yes it is. I did a bit of a research and am wondering if this could be the issue and if it is a common problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNFmzzOVrY

Thanks

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
Yes, mine had the same on first 3-4 clicks of rebound (from slow side), since I was riding it on faster setting (7 out of 10 from slow), knocking wasn't present and I didn't react.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
Raxik wrote:
Yes, mine had the same on first 3-4 clicks of rebound (from slow side), since I was riding it on faster setting (7 out of 10 from slow), knocking wasn't present and I didn't react.

Did you solve the issue?

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 14:36 Quote
arweatherby wrote:
Raxik wrote:
Yes, mine had the same on first 3-4 clicks of rebound (from slow side), since I was riding it on faster setting (7 out of 10 from slow), knocking wasn't present and I didn't react.

Did you solve the issue?

Nah, it worked fine on faster setting, I don't ride slow rebounds, so didn't have to.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 5:32 Quote
Raxik wrote:
arweatherby wrote:
Raxik wrote:
Yes, mine had the same on first 3-4 clicks of rebound (from slow side), since I was riding it on faster setting (7 out of 10 from slow), knocking wasn't present and I didn't react.

Did you solve the issue?

Nah, it worked fine on faster setting, I don't ride slow rebounds, so didn't have to.

Ok well I appreciate the insight. I haven't found the sweet spot on the tuning, but it would be nice if slower rebound was an option without an annoying knocking. What an absurd defect. I'll be sending it back.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
arweatherby wrote:
Raxik wrote:
arweatherby wrote:


Did you solve the issue?

Nah, it worked fine on faster setting, I don't ride slow rebounds, so didn't have to.

Ok well I appreciate the insight. I haven't found the sweet spot on the tuning, but it would be nice if slower rebound was an option without an annoying knocking. What an absurd defect. I'll be sending it back.

When my bike was brand new, I was riding around the shop and had the knocking. Oil was leaking from the thrushaft, meaning the seal issue was a problem on it. Check for oil dripping out of the thrushaft. If it is, you need to send it back for warranty. I got a replacement and it has had no issues whatsoever with more than a year of riding on it

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
arweatherby wrote:
Raxik wrote:


Nah, it worked fine on faster setting, I don't ride slow rebounds, so didn't have to.

Ok well I appreciate the insight. I haven't found the sweet spot on the tuning, but it would be nice if slower rebound was an option without an annoying knocking. What an absurd defect. I'll be sending it back.

When my bike was brand new, I was riding around the shop and had the knocking. Oil was leaking from the thrushaft, meaning the seal issue was a problem on it. Check for oil dripping out of the thrushaft. If it is, you need to send it back for warranty. I got a replacement and it has had no issues whatsoever with more than a year of riding on it

I would say that is going on as well, quite a bit of shine from oil on the frame under the thru shaft. thanks for the advice.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 6:33 Quote
arweatherby wrote:
ksilvey10 wrote:
arweatherby wrote:


Ok well I appreciate the insight. I haven't found the sweet spot on the tuning, but it would be nice if slower rebound was an option without an annoying knocking. What an absurd defect. I'll be sending it back.

When my bike was brand new, I was riding around the shop and had the knocking. Oil was leaking from the thrushaft, meaning the seal issue was a problem on it. Check for oil dripping out of the thrushaft. If it is, you need to send it back for warranty. I got a replacement and it has had no issues whatsoever with more than a year of riding on it

I would say that is going on as well, quite a bit of shine from oil on the frame under the thru shaft. thanks for the advice.

Yup. It's just an issue from assembly. A shock either has it or it doesn't. A seal gets flipped and that's it. Get it warrantied and you'll know immediately if it's correct or not. And if it is OK, it seems to be a completely reliable shock at that point. Megneg recommended but its a pain to get the thing apart. Need a cone wrench and a vice and probably another set of hands to get the bottom off.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006001
Mobile Version of Website