Riding with a knee brace- any experiences?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Riding with a knee brace- any experiences?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 7:13 Quote
Hi guys,

i was wondering if anybody had any experience riding with a knee brace of any type for either injury prevention or rehab.

what knee brace did you use and how did it compare to riding without? did you experience any problems because of it?

thanks in advance

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 20:17 Quote
Bump.

I was wondering the same thing. How is the shock doctor 875 brace. TLD also teamed up with them on a version of it?

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 20:15 Quote
I rode with a GII Custom Paradigm knee brace for about 8 years after having ACL surgery. Never really had any issues riding with it. Was able to fit it under my hard shell leg armour. Eventually I got past my crashing phase (at least crashing frequently phase!), and went to some soft shell knee pads. Haven't worn the brace for last two years of riding, still wear it for hockey. It is nice riding without it but never found it too bulky or uncomfortable.

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 20:30 Quote
I had asterisk knee braces that I used after tearing my meniscus. I wore them on both knees and it made me feel like super man, pedaling up was a little cumbersome, but on the way down it replaced my knee pads and definitely saved my knees a couple times when crashing. http://www.asterisk.com/ wore them skiing and biking for several years until my legs were stronger.

Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 10:24 Quote
I ride with the DonJoy armor. I tore my ACL/MCL and meniscus 10 years ago and have since re-injured the knee. This brace is awesome. It's open so you can rock it for cross-country and your knee doesn't get all sweaty. I also got a knee cap pad so I can also use it for DH. It's not cheap by any means but way cheaper than another surgery. It has given me so much more confidence in my riding and has eliminated the fear of real tearing.

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 20:23 Quote
from what I read there isnt much evidence that using one prophylacticially actually helps. That is if your ligiments and joint are fine. If you have already have an issue with the joint I think there is more evidence that it helps.

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 21:20 Quote
Go custom CTi. Been tried and tested for years in moto.

Posted: Jun 3, 2015 at 19:58 Quote
Insurance wouldn't spring for the custom, but paid for the OTS aka off the shelf cti. I think it's great, but still hate needing to wear the thing.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006558
Mobile Version of Website