Potential scammer

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Potential scammer
Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 17:58 Quote
the scamming tard bot (probably just an automated script and not a live person) is back... new gmail address is kudeti larah [mrs.kudetilarah002@gmail.com] tried to scam $600 from me with the sketchiest looking fake paypal transaction I've seen in a bit.

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 23:34 Quote
Just got the same message

Posted: Dec 24, 2014 at 9:50 Quote
He is still on pinkbike but not using an account he will always text and email (never pm) hes still active. The phone number changes in every case but goes by the email mrs.kudetilarah002@gmail.com

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 at 9:58 Quote
Not much we can really do..

As it stands if they are not scamming directly on the site it is hard for us to locate the person. The email has been checked and the user that was associated with that at email has been banned.

Easiest thing to do is for members to remove there phone # from the ad and only give it out via PM directly on the site.

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 8:21 Quote
one more, again last night.

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 8:35 Quote
Glad I decided to research. I just got the same deal from them. Now let's see if I can have a little fun....

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 16:31 Quote
Watch out for this still. They just text me and I thought there was something weird about the number. Quick Google search brought me here.

It is a live person. As I hurled some abuse and they sent a cheeky message back.

I wouldn't necessarily watch out for the Email: mrs.kudetilarah002@gmail.com because that is easily changed.

More for the style of message and the none local number. The one I was text on was +1(323)985-5165

Pinkbike really should make a post about this.

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 17:17 Quote
kierz wrote:
Watch out for this still. They just text me and I thought there was something weird about the number. Quick Google search brought me here.

It is a live person. As I hurled some abuse and they sent a cheeky message back.

I wouldn't necessarily watch out for the Email: mrs.kudetilarah002@gmail.com because that is easily changed.

More for the style of message and the none local number. The one I was text on was +1(323)985-5165

Pinkbike really should make a post about this.

You should remove your phone # off your ads.....

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 13:49 Quote
Got the same text this Sunday. Thank god I GTS first and brought me here. Certainly a scam...

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 7:27 Quote
I just got a text from him (323)985-5165. Thank goodness I read this thread first. I am not responding. I thought was strange that the text was sent from LA number at 5AM. Be careful everyone.

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 16:21 Quote
They tried to scam me for my kona today, sent a nice little message with a few colorful words, just to make myself feel better

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 15:04 Quote
Just got the same bs email.

Posted: Jan 12, 2015 at 18:47 Quote
Larah is still running strong!! Good luck scammer! !!

Posted: Jan 14, 2015 at 5:13 Quote
Got one from her and she is at sea and needs a bike for her daughter.

Posted: Jan 18, 2015 at 14:47 Quote
Me too this morning. She's been at sea a long time.... although, does anyone buy a bike like this? It was obviously a scam from the outset.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026145
Mobile Version of Website