What tires are you using on your Knolly

PB Forum :: Knolly
What tires are you using on your Knolly
Previous Page |
Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 7:27 Quote
I am currently running Hans Dampf, trail star front, pace star rear. I like them but there are two things making me look elsewhere, 1, the price, 2, rocles stick in these tires like non I have used before, I am chipping paint off my frame and getting smacked in the face on a regular basis. I have been looking at many different choices ranging from the Kenda Nevegal to manybof the Maxxis tires. Interested in the the VeeRubber Flow and Fluid as well if anyone has any info on those that would be sweet. I am running Stans Flow EX wheels so I have been told the WTB tires are a beast to get on so if I can avoid them....thanks and I look forward to your input Knollers!!!!

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 11:38 Quote
I'm running stans flows as well, and using Maxxis DHF front and rear. I think they have pretty good rolling speed and grip everything well. Haven't had a problem with paint chipping on my chilcotin and new mexico has plenty of rocks to kick up.

Posted: May 27, 2015 at 10:22 Quote
I'm running a Specialized Butcher up front with a Slaughter in the rear with CrankBros Iodine 2 wheels tubeless. DH casing on the front tyre and Grid2Bliss on the rear. They're brilliant everywhere I've used them so far.

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 4:56 Quote
Got a Mary on the front and a Rock Razor on the back of my Chilli .

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 16:00 Quote
Maxxis 2.3 HR2 front and back. great everywhere but wet roots...

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 1:27 Quote
im running duro switchback tires

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 20:13 Quote
On my Chili and wife's Warden, we run:
Magic Mary front
Hans Dampf rear

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 8:38 Quote
Right now I have a Magic Mary on the front and Rock Razor on the back of my Warden, the Rock razor is garbage in the current muddy conditions here,it packs up with mud, turns to a slick and slips all over on roots and climbs . I'm thinking about getting another MM for the back and running dual MM for pure traction. I think the Onza tires with skinwall would look pretty cool though.

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 8:55 Quote
I just started running the specialized butcher grid casing up front and a maxxis high roller 2 in the back... Love the specialized tires.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 15:26 Quote
Ive been running the Conti Trail king 2.4 rear and Nevegal 2.35 front. Both tubeless. Love the front but the rear is sketchy is the mud and rain.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 21:53 Quote
2.35 DHF/DHR on Race Face Turbine 30 wheels on a 2016 Delirium.

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 18:13 Quote
Running Magic Marys front and rear now. Love it!

Posted: Apr 29, 2016 at 23:40 Quote
Used to run Magic Mary's front and Hans Dampf rear.

I switched it up now to Minions DHF front and rear. Amazing grip and rolling speed.

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 16:42 Quote
I ride a 2015 warden and currently I'm running maxis minion DHF 2.45 front and rear which is a super tacky combination but I'm about to swap out for a shorty 2.5 up front and a minion ss 2.45 rear just for extra front end traction and rolling speed

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 11:54 Quote
mickmart wrote:
Used to run Magic Mary's front and Hans Dampf rear.

I switched it up now to Minions DHF front and rear. Amazing grip and rolling speed.

Did you notice that the Magic Mary rolled slow? I ride them on dirt almost every day but there is compact dirt road and pavement on the way to the trails, I've never felt like the MMs are slowing me down on pavement or hard pack and didn't notice a difference (except traction going way up) when I switched from a Rock Razor on the rear to a Magic Mary. I don't know maybe it depends on the pressure you're running too?

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005772
Mobile Version of Website