Vinyl Addiction (the Audiophile lounge)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Vinyl Addiction (the Audiophile lounge)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 10:03 Quote
A group for all things made of vinyl in a 7" to 12" diameter that spin at33.3, 45, or 78 rpm!

#BANS norcodudeman#BANS
#MODS #MODS

Rules are as follows:
-No spamming (this includes one-word posts/ "jotnote" posts)
-No linking to distasteful websites
-No swearing
-No flaming
-No distasteful pictures
-No soliciting in the thread
-No MSN style posts (please use proper words and grammar)
-No feeding trolls/inappropriate posts
-No talking about illicit/illegal activity

I'll start by posting my current set up:

Pro-ject Debut Carbon
Ortofon 2m-Red
Pro-ject Speedbox S
Technics reciever and speakers (Lower mid end from early 90's)

photo

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 12:20 Quote
Subbed Smile nice set up you have theretup
been thinking of adding a deck to my hi-fi (currently just cd's and tuner for source) problem would be do i replicate my music collection in vinyl?

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 18:15 Quote
marin8ted wrote:
Subbed Smile nice set up you have theretup
been thinking of adding a deck to my hi-fi (currently just cd's and tuner for source) problem would be do i replicate my music collection in vinyl?
Usually new vinyl comes with a digital download so you end up getting the record for 12 bucks more then it would cost on iTunes with a really awesome sounding record.

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 18:29 Quote
What do you guys think about David Bowie's newest album?

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 20:00 Quote
Awesome! Will post tomorrow my setup and collection(taking two pictures is not hard) they are vintage records from the era. Iron maiden: life after dead, complete with the tour book, and photo book, two Lps and their sleeves and a alice cooper one

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 22:57 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Awesome! Will post tomorrow my setup and collection(taking two pictures is not hard) they are vintage records from the era. Iron maiden: life after dead, complete with the tour book, and photo book, two Lps and their sleeves and a alice cooper one
Sounds Awesome! I have an (almost) complete Dead kennedys discography and every slayer album from haunting the chappel to south of heaven (All original presses) I have a bunch of classic floyd, Zeppelin, Physch etc... I Also have a bunch of misfits/adolescents/decendents/black flag... I need more modern rock though :c Also banned that norcodudef*cker..

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 11:11 Quote
photo
My set-up so far Musical Fidelity x-series 24 bit cd player,tuner,dac and integrated amp(75 watts/channel) driving B&W 683s2(150 Watt) speakers also x-10 valve buffer stage and headphone amp.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://userdisk.webry.biglobe.ne.jp/004/334/87/N000/000/000/128521754757816131490_XLPS.jpgHave recently bought x-lps,which is a phono stage pre-amp ready for turntable when i find the right oneWink
Sorry no vinyl at the momentFrown Currently playing Tool Aenima)

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 11:16 Quote
Wow That is massive and put to shame mine!

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 11:20 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Units are modest size but powerful and very clear even at low volume Wink

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 11:50 Quote
marin8ted wrote:
its-chris wrote:
That's a f*cking awesome system! Technics sl1200 is what you want?

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 11:58 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
marin8ted wrote:
its-chris wrote:
That's a f*cking awesome system! Technics sl1200 is what you want?
Cheers fella,Would like something like a Michell gyro to keep with the industrial look but still very pricyFrown
Any inspiration/advice welcomeSmile

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 12:23 Quote
Vinyl
My unit! It is a nice one for my needs

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 13:25 Quote
Chris how do you like the numark?

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 13:27 Quote
I really like it a lot! Gives good sound and is simple to use, plus it can be plugged to a pc for converting the LPs via USB. Plus the dish is beautifully machined from Aluminium

Posted: Dec 6, 2014 at 1:37 Quote
its-chris wrote:
I really like it a lot! Gives good sound and is simple to use, plus it can be plugged to a pc for converting the LPs via USB. Plus the dish is beautifully machined from Aluminium
Yeah nice deck Chris tup ,the extra function is useful for back up,don't want to sidetrack too much but how do you guys feel about hi-def music streaming?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012114
Mobile Version of Website