Banshee owners thread

PB Forum :: Other
Banshee owners thread
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 5:51 Quote
Seems most manufactures have a thread dedicated to them but couldn't see one for Banshee.

So post your bikes and discuss anything Banshee.

Heres my Spitfire.

Banshee Spitfire finally 650b

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 at 21:52 Quote
Nice, looks like a pretty no-compromise build there.

I'm intrigued by the Spitfire... okay, I'll admit infatuated at the moment, starting to get the itch to ditch my old frame. For some reasons (I think good ones) I'm drawn to the Spitfire.

I'm wondering if there are any Spitfire V2 owners in Calgary who wouldn't mind me drooling over one in person and possibly throwing a leg over to check the size. Smile

Posted: Dec 14, 2014 at 13:56 Quote
I'm in the process of building up a spitfire. I can't wait to ride this beast. I'll put a pic up when it's complete. What size wheels are you using? I'm gonna be running 26" initially but I'm interested in running a 650b up front with a 26" rear.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2014 at 23:58 Quote
I used 26" when I bought it but now running 650b. You can fit a 650b tyre in the 26" drop outs. IF your going to do it on the front do the rear as well.

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 6:19 Quote
Shoe,

I forgot to ask: What is your frame size and what fork travel do you have set? I suspected that you were running 650b from the photo looking at clearance on the rear tire... I'm also wondering what your height is and what your thoughts are about frame size for your height. It seems you have a pretty high-rise bar too, no?

I still want to sit on one at least to confirm my size. I'm going to have to try harder to find someone in Calgary with one.

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 4:26 Quote
Its a large (I'm dead on 6 foot) and im running a 36 at 160mm at the front and it feels awesome.

The frame is ideal for my height, the bars are actually low rise i just run alot of spacers. I have tried a low front end but i just can't ride a bike like that however I think Im the strange one.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 17:49 Quote
My 2015 Rune 650b

2015 Banshee Rune 650b

Such a fun bike, ridden whistler, and everything local from big climbs to old steep tech DH trails. The inline in the rear has been flawless since I dialled it in. Hoping to upgrade wheels to something like Hopes on Stans Flows & some Raceface turbines w/ small top guide.

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
Just pulled the trigger on a Rune black on black with CCDB Air CS.
I went to the store with the intention to get Orange (I'm still torn between the two)
It's the first build that I've taken on and it's quite satisfying choosing the spec myself.
I'm quickly running out of money but these are the parts I've purchased for the build.
Forks: Fox 36 170mm
Wheels: Stan flow on red hope hubs
Crank: Hope with 32 tooth direct mount N/w ring and red hope BB
Stem: Hope 50mm Am/freeride black
Headset: Hope
Gears: 1X11 Sram X01

not sure on bars yet but I'm torn between two sets of brakes .
Hope Tech 3 e4 or Sram Guide RS/RSC. 180mm rotors.

Any input on the brakes would be appreciated :-)

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 18:33 Quote
Milesos wrote:
Just pulled the trigger on a Rune black on black with CCDB Air CS.
I went to the store with the intention to get Orange (I'm still torn between the two)
It's the first build that I've taken on and it's quite satisfying choosing the spec myself.
I'm quickly running out of money but these are the parts I've purchased for the build.
Forks: Fox 36 170mm
Wheels: Stan flow on red hope hubs
Crank: Hope with 32 tooth direct mount N/w ring and red hope BB
Stem: Hope 50mm Am/freeride black
Headset: Hope
Gears: 1X11 Sram X01

not sure on bars yet but I'm torn between two sets of brakes .
Hope Tech 3 e4 or Sram Guide RS/RSC. 180mm rotors.

Any input on the brakes would be appreciated :-)

Sounds like a awesome build!

Im digging my Guide brakes so far, have awesome modulation and no problems so far. I might switch them out for a set of shimano xt's. After owning a pair of Zee's on my entourage I love the power of shimano's servo wave and they're super easy to bleed. Only thing I wish shimano had was an adjustable contact pad point.

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 3:31 Quote
I'd get the Hopes if it was money no object but I have the XT's and for the money there is no better brake. Think mine cost me £110 without rotors. Most brakes are that for just one end.

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 4:10 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
I'd get the Hopes if it was money no object but I have the XT's and for the money there is no better brake. Think mine cost me £110 without rotors. Most brakes are that for just one end.

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 6:04 Quote
Thanks
I have xt on my carbon trail bike , fantastic for the money but for the build I'm looking for something a bit bigger for uplifts and maybe Alps use:-)
Plus I want my x01 shifter incorporated .

Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 10:41 Quote
Anyone run a continental trail king 2.4/650b on the rear of there Rune?

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 23:50 Quote
Milesos wrote:
Anyone run a continental trail king 2.4/650b on the rear of there Rune?

Nope but if your worried if it will fit I'm running a 650b 2.4" High Roller 2 (brilliant tyre btw) in my 26" drop outs and there is enough clearance so in 650b drop outs on the rune there will be no problem.

Posted: Feb 13, 2015 at 1:06 Quote
Thanks Shoe2190

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025840
Mobile Version of Website