2015 Trek Session 9.8 Park

PB Forum :: Trek
2015 Trek Session 9.8 Park
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 14, 2014 at 10:49 Quote
Hey Guys---

I wondered if anyone---particularly Trek devotees, and Trek DH bike riders---had any first-hand experience with this gorgeous new machine, and thus, any thoughts on it which might be helpful to a potentially vey interested consumer without a Trek dealership nearby. I've never been a Trek rider (though not for any particular reason), but certainly have had friends and acquaintances who were, so I'd be curious how it's ride compared with the more ostensibly DH-oriented Session models. Also, given its relatively high price point, it seems there's already been some grumbling about some component choices (fork, rear shock) not justifying the expense. Would upgrading these parts (for example, the Fox rear shock to a Vivid Air, or the fork to a World Cup)---or any others---make sense? Just looking for some thoughts on the bike from folks more familiar with the brand (or even just those more familiar with this bike). Any such input would be welcome.
Thanks in advance----

Posted: Dec 14, 2014 at 10:54 Quote
I'm curious, also, I should add, about the bike's suitability as a race bike, despite it's explicit "Park" designation...
Thanks again.

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 10:28 Quote
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/ratcamaro/treksessionpark.jpg

I have an aluminum Session Park with upgrades. See link^^. I love it. Nimble and pedals well but really shines in the air and the rough stuff. I had a Session 88 and it handles the DH stuff just as why. I've ridden M9s, 951s, and V10s but I like this bike better. It's move lively than those bikes which I thought were more sluggish.

Posted: Jan 14, 2015 at 10:20 Quote
I've ridden the 9.8 and it's exactly what you'd think. Very nimble and jumps very well. I would for sure upgrade parts like you mentioned but the stock build will get you by just fine until you get money to upgrade.

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 15:39 Quote
I had session 8 2014, now i bought session 2015 park and i like it. Its very playful bike, much better for me than my older version
I put air suspension and few lighter parts, its now 14,8kg so 9.8 with carbon frame can much lighter.
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/12075880/

Posted: Dec 29, 2015 at 18:44 Quote
I know this is a great park bike but does it anyway compare to a V-10? I am purchasing one of these bikes in the next 10 days and I can't find much info on how the Trek handles down hill.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009639
Mobile Version of Website