Whats with Troy Lee helmets?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Whats with Troy Lee helmets?
Author Message
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:08 Quote
Speaking of fir and a bit of a thread jack in general, who has the cheapest helmet around that fits like no other? I mean, my mace half-nut is the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn! It's way comfier than my mate's ones which cost more than double what mine did. ($30 aussie, you do the math)

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
gfthrasher1 wrote:
In one of the issues of Mountain Bike Action they tested the best full face helmets
The criteria was Comfort, Protection, wiegh ectect


Here are the results 1 being the best!

-Giro Remedy Carbon
-Specilized Deivant Carbon
-TLD D2 Carbon
-661 Pro Bravo Carbon
-Fox rampage

how do specialized helmets even compare with troy lee helmets?

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
accuaky i can get troy lees for free cuz my 14 year old cuzin is sponserd by them for mx racing

well i was making a generalisation, there are of course exceptions to this, but then looking at the bikes you own you do look like a rich kid anyway, also for future reference 'accuaky' is spelt actually, 'cuzin' is spelt cousin,and 'sponserd' is spelt sponsored.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
Impretty sure that was the order but the Specialzied could have been third

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
sykesy wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
accuaky i can get troy lees for free cuz my 14 year old cuzin is sponserd by them for mx racing

well i was making a generalisation, there are of course exceptions to this, but then looking at the bikes you own you do look like a rich kid anyway, also for future reference 'accuaky' is spelt actually, 'cuzin' is spelt cousin,and 'sponserd' is spelt sponsored.
did you include my commencal and future spagetti legs?

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:27 Quote
well them and the fact you have a giant team dh as well

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:27 Quote
williampieroway wrote:
how do specialized helmets even compare with troy lee helmets?

It's because MBA is the worst mag ever, they constantly bend over backwards for anything Specialized (surprised it didn't finish first). I would assume its the cost as everyone had mentioned that hurt the TLD lid.

I used to run Dainese Raptor and loved it. When it died I treated myself to a TLD lid and couldn't believe the fit and finish of it over the Raptor. Sure it costs a fortune but my head is worth it both in terms of safety and ergonomics.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:27 Quote
i have the 661 pro bravo carbon it is super light and looks pretty sick too and fits like a dream

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:28 Quote
sykesy wrote:
well them and the fact you have a giant team dh as well
i accualy paid for all of my bikes Big Grin
with money i make from my job at tim hortons yes working 4-days a week blows but its worth it

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:29 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
sykesy wrote:
personally i love to just throw a load of stickers on my lid and not worry about scratching my helmet, so long as it's reasonably light and has passed the required safety tests it'll be fine, here's mine, £45 in the sale nearly 3 years ago now and still going strong.(excuse the hair!)
1603137

1603137

IMO anybody under 18 with a tld helmet may as well have a big 'rich kid here' sign on their head, they are just shiney fashion statements
accuaky i can get troy lees for free cuz my 14 year old cuzin is sponserd by them for mx racing
as far as i see it the big rich kid comment, just because people would rather spendmoney on a good helmet doesnt mean their ritvh, some pople save their money. and if you were smart you would buy a new helmet cause after 3 years that ones is going to brake

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
sykesy wrote:
personally i love to just throw a load of stickers on my lid and not worry about scratching my helmet, so long as it's reasonably light and has passed the required safety tests it'll be fine, here's mine, £45 in the sale nearly 3 years ago now and still going strong.(excuse the hair!)
1603137

1603137

IMO anybody under 18 with a tld helmet may as well have a big 'rich kid here' sign on their head, they are just shiney fashion statements
accuaky i can get troy lees for free cuz my 14 year old cuzin is sponserd by them for mx racing
as far as i see it, anyone with a tld helmet doesnt mean their "big rich kid" it means they would rather spend money on a good helmet that they know is going to protect them, not all people are rich they just ave their money. and after 3 years i would say replace your own helmet

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
fair enough but i bet you put in christmas money and birthday money too (to ajax powder), but i still feel that tld's are mainly seen on rich kids, for example i saw some 10 year olds on racing bmx's at chicksands last time i was there, and i'm sure they didn't pay for their bikes or tld lids, and trust me they weren't going fast enough to need them either.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
sykesy wrote:
fair enough but i bet you put in christmas money and birthday money too (to ajax powder), but i still feel that tld's are mainly seen on rich kids, for example i saw some 10 year olds on racing bmx's at chicksands last time i was there, and i' sure they didn't pay for their bikes or tld lids, and trust me they weren't going fast enough to need them either.
no b-day money and x-mas money is used to my gloves helmets ect..

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
fair play then Smile good to see some people do raise their own money


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006124
Mobile Version of Website