Whats with Troy Lee helmets?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Whats with Troy Lee helmets?
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
sykesy wrote:
fair play then Smile good to see some people do raise their own money
i know eh

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:50 Quote
i do beleive u have the correct order...and too the guy who is correcting the other fellows spelling..who gives a f*ck about how u spell ....jeeeesh its called being keyboard lazy
gfthrasher1 wrote:
Impretty sure that was the order but the Specialzied could have been third

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
| RICH KID HERE |
Blank Stare

That was mean and not true.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
i hope your not directing your comment towards me because ive spent the last 2 years working for my rides..i bought all brand new bikes this past year with every penny of mine

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
I got a remedy and I dont exactly care about weight but the helmet doesnt seem heavy at all. Its just plain black and I like it. I may add some stickers if I knew how to put them on correctly!

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
I can't figure out why people are saying that they'd rather pay the big $$$ to protect their heads... Do you honestly think the TLD is going to save your brain better that a remedy composite? NO.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
I can't figure out why people are saying that they'd rather pay the big $$$ to protect their heads... Do you honestly think the TLD is going to save your brain better that a remedy composite? NO.

Yeah really. Just buy a normal helmet and then get good enough with that helmet and get sponsered by TLD so they can give you free helmets. Does a sponser choose whos the best dressed. NO He pics the fastest one down the mountain. So save yourself a couple hundred dollars and get something cheaper. Even if you got a TLD Helmet all youll do is scratch it. Because you want it to protect your head but if you buying it for looks then itll be scratched and youll get angry cause it wont looks as nice and you jsut wasted alot of money. Just a thought I had Smile

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
little friend, coming from a 15 year old thats funny. And retarded? well, once again... you're 15, so i'm not too worried about it. Come say it to my face, and we'll see, mister internet tough guy

ANYWAY, the test results of helmets are not NEARLY as critical in saving lives as you, my retarded little friend, think. ANYONE can do different tests that say "X helmet is scientifically better than Y helmet", but it varies by testing machine, location of test..... lots of factors. Have you ever heard of someone saying, "yeah its a shame Billy died, if he had a TLD, he would still be here today"? No, and its because helmet standards are WAY higher than they need to be to save someone.

I have personally witnessed motorcycle accidents in which a guy doing 140mph hit an Accord, and drove the passenger door into the drivers leg, and his helmet didnt fail... but his head did. Literally, his head exploded/came apart inside it from deceleration when the helmet impacted. Like I said again, helmet standards are way higher than they need be, and anything that passes the certifications for the new standards will protect your head plenty.

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
because it teaches you to keep your head up when you fallWink

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
little friend, coming from a 15 year old thats funny. And retarded? well, once again... you're 15, so i'm not too worried about it. Come say it to my face, and we'll see, mister internet tough guy

ANYWAY, the test results of helmets are not NEARLY as critical in saving lives as you, my retarded little friend, think. ANYONE can do different tests that say "X helmet is scientifically better than Y helmet", but it varies by testing machine, location of test..... lots of factors. Have you ever heard of someone saying, "yeah its a shame Billy died, if he had a TLD, he would still be here today"? No, and its because helmet standards are WAY higher than they need to be to save someone.

I have personally witnessed motorcycle accidents in which a guy doing 140mph hit an Accord, and drove the passenger door into the drivers leg, and his helmet didnt fail... but his head did. Literally, his head exploded/came apart inside it from deceleration when the helmet impacted. Like I said again, helmet standards are way higher than they need be, and anything that passes the certifications for the new standards will protect your head plenty.

Eek

holy crap

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
i just use a 08 fox rampage can't tell ya how it runs cuz i havent used it yet just got it for christmas its actually my first full face lid tho i was seriousley considering the giro remedy carbon before christmas when i thought i was buying one my self

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
wtf? put a pic of it on your head space i was going to get one when they came into aus but haven't rocked up yet so i just got the giro

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
Fatass-of-oz wrote:

Eek

holy crap

I know. It was sad, but it was quick, by the time I ran there (like maybe 5 seconds) there was nothing I could do, EMT training and all.

DONT RIDE ANYTHING DRUNK KIDS/ADULTS

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
That's probably the best thing about it, it was quick. I'd hate to be the one to tell his family that his head literally "fell apart", but Id hate more to be the parents

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
i don't got a pik of it right now actually for x mas i got the 2007 black and red rampage but it was a medium and i needed a lard so my mom brought it back today and they gave me a 2008 silver one (they don't make the black and red one anymoreCry ) so far i havent found anything diffrent between the two other than a bit less weight (2008 one is lighter) very nice helmet its also cheap like it was only $160 new compared to a tld at $300 used but yea i wise they made a carbon version of it ohhhhhhh carbon Fab god i love that stuff on helmets makes it look so damn sexy!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010969
Mobile Version of Website