FOX 32 & 36 FLOAT Lowering Thread

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
FOX 32 & 36 FLOAT Lowering Thread
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 6:55 Quote
DirtJumper1981 wrote:
I’m looking to Lower my 2013 36 fit RC2 also and would like to find the 2012 air spring and other parts to do the job. I already have the tools. Anyone have a lead on those parts?

Check my last post, i'm currently doing a 2011 RC2 Fit. the original fox travel spacers are no longer available and kind of need to make your own out of rockshox spacers

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
lucasreadindeed wrote:
DirtJumper1981 wrote:
I’m looking to Lower my 2013 36 fit RC2 also and would like to find the 2012 air spring and other parts to do the job. I already have the tools. Anyone have a lead on those parts?

Check my last post, i'm currently doing a 2011 RC2 Fit. the original fox travel spacers are no longer available and kind of need to make your own out of rockshox spacers

check my p slope photo album for step by step pics, was very easy once a segment was cut out of each rockshox spacer, they just clipped straight on and work a treat!

photo

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
lucasreadindeed wrote:
Fox has discontinued their Travel spacers for the old forks. You will need to buy Rockshox All travel spacer kit and cut a slice in them just like fox's

here is the link to these

https://www.jensonusa.com/Rockshox-All-Travel-Spacer-Kit

Here is the bike that was done with the Rockshox travel spacers. Also is a picture of the Original Fox Spacers to show the slit that is from the factory.

photo

photo

photo

This is pretty tempting, how accurate do you have to be on the width of the slot? Are the rocshox and fox the same functional spec other than the slot?

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 23:02 Quote
Heyo, checking in if anyone is still active in here,
Have some 2009 Fox Float 36s with a broken air spring,
Wondering if I can replace it with a 2011 air spring assembly?

Would appreciate it if anyone knows,
Thanks!

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
That should work. To confirm 100%, shoot an email to the fox service department. You can find your local/ national contact on the fox website.

When you say broken….. do you mean the air shaft is snapped or the fork is no longer holding air pressure?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014768
Mobile Version of Website