An Ibis-specific forum and NOBODY is talking about the new HD3?

PB Forum :: Ibis
An Ibis-specific forum and NOBODY is talking about the new HD3?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 14:16 Quote
Seriously? When I make the change to 650b, the HD3 is high on my list of contenders. But it's gonna take one helluva bike to pry my fingers off my SB66. So if you guys have some saddle time or know the inside scoop on this rig don't be a stinge, share dat chit.

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 18:22 Quote
Have one on order, XL frames aren't out till February, dbinline, fox 36's 741 on kings etc gonna be a sweet build, hopefully sub 28 depending on tires

Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 22:18 Quote
Yes any info on the HD3 would be great. Leaning towards getting one for my next bike this summer.

FL
Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 0:07 Quote
No talk here basically because everything is perfectly covered on MTBR

Posted: Jan 10, 2015 at 7:23 Quote
Just got mine built up Smile . Large Blue Frame ordered just after Chrimbo and built up with a mix of new and bits transferred from old ride.
Spec :
650b Hope Hoops /Stans ZTR Flows
Pike RCT3 160 from old ride
Zee RD+ OneUp RadR cage 11-42 cassette
30-32 AbsoluteBlack oval ring.
Rental hi-rise alloy bars and 40mm stem.
No Dropper as yet though wont be fitting a reverb .
Weight is 30lbs probably due to cheap RF alloy cranks and heavy Mavic Tyres (Schwalbes to go on at some point as these arrived late - mavics only decent? 650b tyre in lbs)
Only managed brief ride in the local woods at night so not a lot to base a review on, but no negatives. Still playing with front stack height hence long steerer tube though think I'll go lower as front end feels a bit light during climbs on 1st ride.

HD3

Posted: Feb 10, 2015 at 21:24 Quote
Waiting on my black XL XTR Werks 1x11...

Posted: Feb 27, 2015 at 17:38 Quote
How is that Zee with OneUp working maccduff ?

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 4:21 Quote
Ruri66 wrote:
How is that Zee with OneUp working maccduff ?
I was still fettling as it was shifting a bit slow when her indoors Coverts Zee RD sh@t it clutch so swapped my kit to hers (where its shifting canny) and upgraded Big Grin mine to 1x11 using SRAM x1 10-42 cassette with XTR RD/shifter which is shifting brilliantly, I also fitted a full gear cable outer after drilling the frame ports as it came ready for interrupted cable outers (which I don't think suites UK crud)

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 14:46 Quote
I hope to own a HD3 very soon, just need to sell my current frame.
I had a Mojo sl a few years ago, was a great bike although a little small. going for black frame in Large this time.
Cant wait

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 15:43 Quote
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

best bike I've ever been on... and I've been through a few.

look for ibis riders uk on fb...

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 15:30 Quote
couldnt stop myself
ordered a frame on friday, should get it tuesday

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 16:08 Quote
do you guys feel that with the fox float x2 the hd3 is a bike that can comfortably handle lift days at the bike park and dh track?

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 6:19 Quote
I hope so as that's what I've gone for ! My HD was bloody awesome with a -1.5 degree headset and ccdb air. The ccdb inline should be good enough (I have blown two on test rides though) hence going for the x2. Pics to follow

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 14:56 Quote
Have a large green machine on order and anxiously waiting its arrival (told sometime this week)!
Did a lot of research and demo riding (Spec. Enduro, Pivot Mach 6, Devinci, SC Nomad, Trek Slash, Cannondale Jekyll, Giant Reign). Ultimately it was down to the HD3 and Norco Range (another great bike). The combination of downhill ability mixed with climbing efficiency won me over with the HD3. Not to mention a drop dead looker of a frame.
Will give a full run down/review in the coming weeks. Hopefully September will be nice and the snow will hold off for a while.

Posted: Sep 9, 2015 at 16:11 Quote
CanmoreChris wrote:
Have a large green machine on order and anxiously waiting its arrival (told sometime this week)!
Did a lot of research and demo riding (Spec. Enduro, Pivot Mach 6, Devinci, SC Nomad, Trek Slash, Cannondale Jekyll, Giant Reign). Ultimately it was down to the HD3 and Norco Range (another great bike). The combination of downhill ability mixed with climbing efficiency won me over with the HD3. Not to mention a drop dead looker of a frame.
Will give a full run down/review in the coming weeks. Hopefully September will be nice and the snow will hold off for a while.

I hate you!! Jk. I had to put off getting mine, life happens. I wish you well with epic rides. Keep us posted.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014858
Mobile Version of Website