Pedals that are compatible with Raceface carbon boots?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pedals that are compatible with Raceface carbon boots?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 22, 2014 at 7:43 Quote
I was looking to get some Atlas pedals, but recently read that they will not work with SIXC cranks if they have the aftermarket crank arm boots. So now I'm looking for alternatives that won't pose the same problem. Any recommendations? My riding is 10% park, and 90% downhill and single track romps. A good amount of climbing too. They'll be going on a 6" bike.

Thanks.

Posted: Dec 22, 2014 at 8:10 Quote
Got a set of Hope F20 with the news pins, they're fine with the previous Sixc cranks and the crank boots.

Basically, any pedal that doesn't have some massive bearing at the base of the axle should be fine (a Spank Spike may not work for example while a DMR Vault should be good)

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 11:58 Quote
Anyone confirm if Race Face Atlas pedals fit with the crank boots on Sixc cranks? Also thinking about the Spank Spike as it's a more reasonable price than the Atlas.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 12:53 Quote
I'm using Deity, Bladerunners on my Race Face Next SL cranks that have the protective boots with no problems.

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 13:01 Quote
harvey1mushman wrote:
I was looking to get some Atlas pedals, but recently read that they will not work with SIXC cranks if they have the aftermarket crank arm boots. So now I'm looking for alternatives that won't pose the same problem. Any recommendations? My riding is 10% park, and 90% downhill and single track romps. A good amount of climbing too. They'll be going on a 6" bike.

Thanks.
ad another pedal washer & they work fine.

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 9:28 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Anyone confirm if Race Face Atlas pedals fit with the crank boots on Sixc cranks? Also thinking about the Spank Spike as it's a more reasonable price than the Atlas.

Spank spike takes 2 pedal washers to work, and it's still super tight.

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 22:50 Quote
I have Atlas pedals with boots on the next so cranks. You have to put a washer behind thr pedal and it works fine. The pedals used to come with them.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 9:20 Quote
Good to know, thanks guys.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008599
Mobile Version of Website