What to buy?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What to buy?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 22, 2014 at 9:58 Quote
Hi im looking to get into downhill biking. Ive got a few mates who ride and my gaffer does aswell. Im basically looking to be advised on what to buy for my first bike. Id like to buy something I can get straight on and ride but something cheap as its my first bike, so my budget is around £400. Id be grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Posted: Dec 22, 2014 at 10:14 Quote
Only thing you can do is look on the buy and sell on here and hope for an older bike to pop up. 400 quid ain't to much. 550 would help you get something a little faster. therefore because of your budget, you should take whatever pops up into your budget.

Posted: Dec 22, 2014 at 10:27 Quote
Cheers for the advice mate. I could bump up to £600 if i save a little longer

Posted: Dec 22, 2014 at 15:01 Quote
No problem. Bikes in that price range would be something like a kona stinky or specialized bighit. I'd search up both and see what you can find. You may find one right on your price.

Posted: Dec 22, 2014 at 17:32 Quote
gcmartini wrote:
No problem. Bikes in that price range would be something like a kona stinky or specialized bighit. I'd search up both and see what you can find. You may find one right on your price.

This! a stinky would probably be your best bet, maybe about 700-650 would get you one if you look around enough.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008362
Mobile Version of Website