Commencal Meta AM V3 Bottom Bracket

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta AM V3 Bottom Bracket
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 23, 2014 at 11:35 Quote
It has come to that time when I need to change the bottom bracket on my 2013 Meta AM.

I have tried a few bottom brackets that I can make work with modification though I am unable to find a bottom bracket that is compatible without modifying the cups.

Is there a bottom bracket on the market that will fit without modification? Currently I'm using a Shimano drivetrain.

Cheers,

Stu

Posted: Jan 6, 2015 at 20:01 Quote
S-T-U wrote:
It has come to that time when I need to change the bottom bracket on my 2013 Meta AM.

I have tried a few bottom brackets that I can make work with modification though I am unable to find a bottom bracket that is compatible without modifying the cups.

Is there a bottom bracket on the market that will fit without modification? Currently I'm using a Shimano drivetrain.

Cheers,

Stu

Hello mate, , I have a 2014 meta am1 and it runs a race Face bb92 press fit and I'm pretty sure it's not modified, , unless it is haha but the bb92 is still silky smooth and it's been riden in so grotty weather haha, , not sure if this will help you :/ but hopefully you find a bb soon!

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 22:46 Quote
Hey Stu,

Looking at Bike Sheet, it looks like he is right, you need a pf/bb92.

http://bikesheet.com/bikes/2013CommencalMetaAM1123SMLXL.html

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 1:28 Quote
Any ideas what length crank axle these are for?
Hopefully it's the ones that fit the 68-73 size.

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 1:31 Quote
S-T-U,

I just run into the same problem as you trying to fit a Shimano BB. Didn't see the metal reinforcement and ended up pressing the cups in at an angle and stopping half way. Fortunately no damage even when hammering them out. After cutting some of the plastic away they went in a treat. The plastic you need to cut away is not doing anything. Only need it on bikes where the frame drains any water that makes itself inside the tubes into the BB area and you want to fit the plastic tube with the rubber seals between the BB cups. This is not required on the Meta.

I really like Shimano BB. A $20 external one lasts me up to 18 months riding quite a lot of km on my XC bike all year round and I'm 92kg and ride lots of hills. If the press fits last as well I'll be happy. Plastic also seems like a good idea for press fit rather than metal on metal.

matthewsteele,

The same cranks that fit 68-73 size will fit BB92 press fit. The difference is that with BB92 the BB cups sit within the BB shell rather on the outside like the screw fit ones. Gives manufacturers more realestate to weld/bond the chainstays to and also saves them a few dollars not cutting the threads.

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 3:29 Quote
At first I wanted to ask about those modifications, but then I found this thread with all the info I needed: https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/2013-meta-sx1-bb-replacement

Do you know if it applies to META AM 2012 as well, or were there some changes?

Are those Shimano bottom brackets durable, which one would you recommend?

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 at 21:06 Quote
im using one from BBB a 92 one i believe in my supreme fr (2013) and my 2013 meta sl1 uses a raceface one from the factory
its this one though i am unsure why i didnt get the bb25 (i think there wasnt any in stock at the time) but that said the cups are the same size and the bearings are the same despite this being for road bikes. This fitted and bearings are replaceable and its lasting really well (was a little tight to press in but no mods to mine needed)

http://bbbcycling.com/bike-parts/bottom-brackets/BBO-21

in fact i just ordered another as a spare as theres 3 left on amazon for under a tenner.....crazy...

UPDATE: HOLD ON.......i dont think the supreme fr has the same shape bb shell as the metas so this bb may be no good after all without modifications. still for under a teener on amazon i would likely mod one to fit my meta sl if i needed one still. likely could be done simply with a vice and a dremmel type rotary tool.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 18:00 Quote
brooce wrote:
At first I wanted to ask about those modifications, but then I found this thread with all the info I needed: https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/2013-meta-sx1-bb-replacement

Do you know if it applies to META AM 2012 as well, or were there some changes?

Are those Shimano bottom brackets durable, which one would you recommend?

The Shimano bottom bracket I got was just their cheapest one in pressfit. Durability wise, not as good as the regular screw fit, but not bad. More water gets in because the bits you need to cut off to fit it mean you cannot use the tube linking the two cups which keeps the water out.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011788
Mobile Version of Website