100 (or more) days of Biking in 2015

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
100 (or more) days of Biking in 2015
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 14:33 Quote
Welcome to the home of bicycle addiction, a coalition of likeminded individuals commited to riding bicycles
as much as humanly possible. The goal here is to ride your bicycle for 100 days in a year (or more!) so that the loam thirst can be quenched. All are welcome, and discussion is encouraged, but NO HATERS.

So the rules from last year had to be updated a bit, but for the most part stay unchanged, here is the 2013 version:

The rules are as follows:

- Can be any type of riding (DH, FR, AM, XC, DJ, BMX, Road, commuting)
- 45 minutes to an hour minimum constitutes a ride
- A day of trail building can count as riding
- You should come back and post, PICTURES would be even better!
- Dont lose count.
- 2 rides in one day is STILL only one day!

(0-50 Try Harder!) (50-100 enthusiast!) (100-200 You're Addicted!) (200-250 Hard core!) (250-300+ living the dream!!)

Good luck!

Years Previous.
2011 thread
2012 thread
2013 thread
2014 thread

2016 Thread

cheers to 2014 and to 100 more days in 2015!

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 14:36 Quote
Anyone have big plans for the new year?

I plan to explore more of my back yard, produce better videos, and travel with my bike as much as i can

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 14:40 Quote
Subbing, though I think that the one ride per day rule should be changed slightly, eg you can do two rides a day but only if the location and discipline is different.
So if you ride DH at place A in the morning, then go to the indoor skatepark at place B in the evening that should be two rides

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 14:52 Quote
Hmm i see what your saying, than it would be more of a rides per year, than days per year?

Is that something everyone thinks is better?

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 15:04 Quote
yeah the thread would need renaming slightly, to be rides per year, rather than days.
I might record the length of time I spend riding too, just out of interest so I could add it all up

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 15:25 Quote
Just checking in and getting ready for 2015! Almost made it to 150 for 2014, but the job got in the way. :/

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 18:55 Quote
Going for the goal of 200 again. I was injured quite a bit this past year so hopefully I'll have a bit better luck in the coming year. My goals are to race as many BC Cup DH races as possible and to explore the interior. I've been cross training in the gym really hard all winter but I need to up my ride time. Hopefully sometime next year I can save up for a enduro bike too.

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 18:59 Quote
devin-m wrote:
Hmm i see what your saying, than it would be more of a rides per year, than days per year?

I prefer how we did it before. Plus if we did it that way we wouldn't be able to compare our results with previous years.

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 22:20 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
devin-m wrote:

I prefer how we did it before. Plus if we did it that way we wouldn't be able to compare our results with previous years.

Yeah i think id like to keep it the same to compare years past! I would however like to track my rides with a garmin or something similar to see elevation descended etc

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 18:31 Quote
These threads are the only reason I still post on PB, keeps me motivated. Did pretty average this year with uni and having broken bikes for a while but I'll be heading back to Whistler next year so hopefully I'll be able to reach 100 like every other year until now.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 19:08 Quote
This thread has kept me motivated too. I really wanted to break 100 this year.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 21:47 Quote
It would be cool to integrate with trail forks somehow... like have a way to actually track your rides,
and at the end of the year see a map / list of trails and places ridden.

This thread and posting videos are my favourite parts of the website.

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 7:44 Quote
i'll try 100. Only managed 60ish this year cause of the weather

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 9:17 Quote
going for 100 again, just made it this year. got a two week trip to morzine next summer which should help things along nicely

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 at 17:03 Quote
Shooting for 180 again. School and injuries kept me to 145 this year, but hopefully I'll have a healthier year in 2015 and be able to get in some more commuting to reach the 180.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011397
Mobile Version of Website