2014 kona operator or Aurum

PB Forum :: Downhill
2014 kona operator or Aurum
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 26, 2014 at 17:29 Quote
Am planing to get one of this bikes to next season.by now i have commencal supreme.i want to get a bike like new and the aurum looks good and the price

Posted: Dec 26, 2014 at 18:14 Quote
Do you mean the new style carbon operator or the aluminum park one?

I've got a 2011 operator with a single crown and a 2013 aurum, if you're thinking of getting the alu operator I can help with the comparison! (The carbon ones are almost a different bike altogether though)

Posted: Dec 26, 2014 at 19:22 Quote
Someone near me has for sell a 2014 operator orange and black but i also see that the aurum prices are good like $ 2400 like new.both bike look like the stinky geometry i had 2009.is the aurum better?

Posted: Dec 26, 2014 at 19:23 Quote
Someone near me has for sell a 2014 operator orange and black but i also see that the aurum prices are good like $ 2400 like new.both bike look like the stinky geometry i had 2009.is the aurum better?

Posted: Dec 26, 2014 at 20:04 Quote
I don't know if I'd say the aurum is "better" than the operator, they're just different!

The aurum is a real long, low and slack, race style DH bike. The operator is shorter, more neutral handling, and easier to ride on terrain that isn't super steep gnar.

It kind of comes down to what you want to use your next bike for. If you want something that's fun on all types of tracks (smooth jumpy flow, choppy DH, trails, etc..), and care more about jumping, flowing, and getting tricky, the operator is a good choice. If you want a bike that can comfortably make it down the steepest, fastest, gnarliest terrain you can find, and don't care if it's a bit of a handful on "normal" trails, then the aurum is a great bike.

like I said, just different! One's a chopper ready to bomb, the other is an all-rounder gravity bike.

Posted: Dec 26, 2014 at 20:36 Quote
do you have experience buying those new bikes offering a rockshox domain.i see people selling their new domain when comes in a new bike.i only have a experience with marzocchi now the rc3 evo ti. that is a reason for buying used with a fox or boxxer

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007611
Mobile Version of Website