2015 heckler ..what parts to upgrade

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2015 heckler ..what parts to upgrade
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 14:10 Quote
ok so i bought a 2015 heckler back in july, due to my budget i bought the D build with full deore groupset, avid elixr 1 brakes, raceface ride bars and stem.... so far ive changed it to 1x10 keeping the deore clutch mech and iv added a ks dropper .... what would be the next best things i could upgrade?

the brakes are working great but when the time comes to bleed them im going to upgrade them so other upgrade ideas would be much appreciated

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 14:49 Quote
if you have the money i would deffinitely change out the fork. maybe to something like the marzocchi 350 cr. if thats too much i would upgrade the rear shock to either a coil shock (xfusion vector) or if you do alot of techy climbs either a monarch+ or a ccdba. and if thats also too much then i would get either an xt or an slx rear derailer

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 19:38 Quote
Brakes for sure(slx) , then a fork.(zoch, pike, or 36 even though it'd be overkill cost and aggressive wise) After that a double barrel inline would be the most beneficial in my opinion.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 20:46 Quote
i dont see how a 36 is overkill aggressive wise considering the heckler is identical to the bronson geo and intended use withe, the only difference is single pivot.

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 20:54 Quote
Pike + CCDBAirCS

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 8:18 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
i dont see how a 36 is overkill aggressive wise considering the heckler is identical to the bronson geo and intended use withe, the only difference is single pivot.
I'm sure it'd be an awesome fork for the bike, but given the rest of his current build, it's a lot of Dh performance for a trailbike. Not that that's a bad idea, but as far as value goes the 36 does not qualify as a bargain, where that frame could be had for less than the fork.

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 9:53 Quote
You'll get a Pike for half the price of a 36 online. Upgrade the brakes to XT. Sweet looking bike btw!

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 10:00 Quote
SoaringPanda wrote:
You'll get a Pike for half the price of a 36 online. Upgrade the brakes to XT. Sweet looking bike btw!
youl get a zocchi for half the price of a pike

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 10:30 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
SoaringPanda wrote:
you'll get an x fusion slant/sweep for half the price of the zocchi

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 12:15 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
SoaringPanda wrote:
http://www.merlincycles.com/2014-marzocchi-350-cr-tapered-275-71191.html i dont think so

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 12:52 Quote
if you decide to upgrade the brakes, I'd get 200mm and 180mm rotors front/back. Makes a huge difference regardless of what brake set you get.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 14:37 Quote
I love the green!

XT brakes as there are tons online for cheap and you can maintain them yourself fairly easily. As a wild card to the suspension conversation I would look at the Manitou Mattoc 160mm. There are some fantastic deals to be had it and it's been getting great reviews (you can get it in black for $600). As for the rear shock a DBInline would drastically change that bike's performance.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 14:39 Quote
ryan83 wrote:
I love the green!

XT brakes as there are tons online for cheap and you can maintain them yourself fairly easily. As a wild card to the suspension conversation I would look at the Manitou Mattoc 160mm. There are some fantastic deals to be had it and it's been getting great reviews (you can get it in black for $600). As for the rear shock a DBInline would drastically change that bike's performance.
where can you get the mattoc for 600?

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 16:26 Quote
cheers lads ... gonna get pikes close to the summer brakes are gonna be my next upgrade xt or slx

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 22:02 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
http://www.merlincycles.com/2014-marzocchi-350-cr-tapered-275-71191.html i dont think so
I stand corrected,although I did get my 6 month old slants for £200.theres good forks out there for reasonable money all the same.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024979
Mobile Version of Website