The GT Fury Thread: Post your GT Fury

PB Forum :: GT
The GT Fury Thread: Post your GT Fury
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 6:54 Quote
Viper13 wrote:
AaronAVFC wrote:
mbrand721 wrote:

I wish I remembered. Maybe a picture will refresh my memory.

It’s the silver shaft just to the right of the bottom bracket

1- take the crank all way out of the way
2- both those silver pivot shafts have locking nuts on both sides that need to be loose
3- they each have a crush split shaft on one side, you look and you can see the ring that has a split in it. That is the side you you hammer on. In your picture, the larger shaft shows the split ring, so you split ring on the smaller must be on the other side
4- find a socket or whatever that is smaller diameter than that split ring, so that when you tap the shaft you are not hitting the split ring, only the inside shaft.
Sometimes you tap with a hammer, then tap from the other side and then you can come back to split ring and just pull it out with pliers and the process is simple.

Thanks for your response

What I did was remove all the bottom bracket and chain ring, then loosened both pinch bolts on either side of the shaft. I could then remove the collar that sits onto the shaft. I then tried to hammer the shaft out with a socket like you suggested but it just would t budge

Does that sound right or have I missed something?

Just to clarify I’m on about the smaller of the two silver shafts

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 18:13 Quote
AaronAVFC wrote:
Viper13 wrote:
AaronAVFC wrote:

It’s the silver shaft just to the right of the bottom bracket

2- both those silver pivot shafts have locking nuts on both sides that need to be loose
3- they each have a crush split shaft on one side, you look and you can see the ring that has a split in it. That is the side you you hammer on. In your picture, the larger shaft shows the split ring, so you split ring on the smaller must be on the other side
4- find a socket or whatever that is smaller diameter than that split ring, so that when you tap the shaft you are not hitting the split ring, only the inside shaft.
Sometimes you tap with a hammer, then tap from the other side and then you can come back to split ring and just pull it out with pliers and the process is simple.

Thanks for your response

What I did was remove all the bottom bracket and chain ring, then loosened both pinch bolts on either side of the shaft. I could then remove the collar that sits onto the shaft. I then tried to hammer the shaft out with a socket like you suggested but it just would t budge

Seems exactly right. You are hammering on the side that the sleeve came off. I take no responsibility for any damage, but I did have to get a good knock to get it to move. Maybe you can double check with GT tech who can be 100% sure. I just did it this week myself on my 2014 GT fury worldcup.

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 0:04 Quote
Viper13 wrote:
AaronAVFC wrote:
Viper13 wrote:

Thanks for your response

Seems exactly right. You are hammering on the side that the sleeve came off. I take no responsibility for any damage, but I did have to get a good knock to get it to move. Maybe you can double check with GT tech who can be 100% sure. I just did it this week myself on my 2014 GT fury worldcup.

Yeah I placed a socket on the side the sleeve was removed from and gave it a hit. Maybe I’ll have to just hit it harder

Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 5:39 Quote

Good morning, welcome to everyone on the forum. I have a problem with gxp bb. I have a new one , but I forgot how many spacers was on the left and right.Bike is GT FURY 1.0, the width of the support is 83mm. With spacers or without I have looseness on the crank.

Sorry for my terrible English

Darek

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 9:06 Quote
https://youtu.be/mjmgU_kFtaM

It seems the new Fury is hitting retail.

Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 9:08 Quote
Yes!! Now someone buy my 2015 frame so I can get the NEW NEW

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
I have just got a 2017 Fury Pro, I want to get a reach adjustable headset to make it a bit longer but I’m not sure on which size.

Anyone know what ZS numbers the top and bottom cups are?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020922
Mobile Version of Website