Bike-Circus, Saalbach

PB Forum :: Europe
Bike-Circus, Saalbach
Posted: May 31, 2018 at 20:10 Quote
Im heading to Leogang tomorrow and will hopefully be riding both leogang and saalbach. Does anyone know what the ride from the top of the Leogang lift to the saalbach trails is like?

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 5:35 Quote
Better ask someone in there for up to date info because afaik they have changed access because of maintenance to one of the gondolas.

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
Hi.
Any tips/hints about accomodarion in Saalbach very apreciated. Planing to visit Saalbach that summer for a first time and looking for some afordable options.
Some apartmwnt with mini-kitchen, one room. The best I see for 6 days (2pers) is 455€. Maybe there are better options?

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 1:09 Quote
One more question:
please name trails in Saalbach where the most roots and stones and other stuff like that?
'm not interested in flow trails for fast speed and jumps, need some problems like said before. )

Bergstadl? Any other?

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 2:34 Quote
There are free maps available with all trails on them. There are only so many trails, so it's easy to just go check them all out and then see what you like best. Most, like Bergstadl and Hacklberg involve a rather tiresome and time consuming approach till you're at the trail anyway so you'll just have to go out and explore a little.
Bergstadl and X-Line are the most prominent i'd say. Bergstadl is mostly rooty and technical while X-Line is high speed and rocky. There's also the so called "Wurzeltrail" (Root Trail) on the Big 5 round. I guess that one speaks for itself Big Grin

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 3:11 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
There are free maps available with all trails on them. There are only so many trails, so it's easy to just go check them all out and then see what you like best. Most, like Bergstadl and Hacklberg involve a rather tiresome and time consuming approach till you're at the trail anyway so you'll just have to go out and explore a little.
Bergstadl and X-Line are the most prominent i'd say. Bergstadl is mostly rooty and technical while X-Line is high speed and rocky. There's also the so called "Wurzeltrail" (Root Trail) on the Big 5 round. I guess that one speaks for itself Big Grin
Of course I got all the mpas, PDFs, Saalbach App on phone.
Question is to those who can directly point on exact trails that serves my question (lot of roots, stones, in the forrest area,..).

Thank you anyway.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 3:35 Quote
As i said, Bergstadl and X-Line are your best bet for rocks and roots as well as Wurzeltrail. Sadly there are no non official trails i could point you to as it's illegal to ride your bike anywhere but the official tracks, even gravel roads are off limits.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 3:37 Quote
If you're going to visit Leogang also check out the Matzalm Trail. Lots of roots and tech.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 5:22 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
If you're going to visit Leogang also check out the Matzalm Trail. Lots of roots and tech.

Have you ever been for the World Cup @ Leogang? How are the other events outside the racing? Where is the best spectating?

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 5:59 Quote
SeaSwab wrote:
Loki87 wrote:

Have you ever been for the World Cup @ Leogang? How are the other events outside the racing? Where is the best spectating?

Yeah, i´ve been to the WC.
Best spectating...well...hard to say really. The root section on the top part of the lower third of the track might be interesting and rather loud. Also beer is sold near it tup Big Grin
Which other events do you mean?

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 4:31 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
Yeah, i´ve been to the WC.
Best spectating...well...hard to say really. The root section on the top part of the lower third of the track might be interesting and rather loud. Also beer is sold near it tup Big Grin
Which other events do you mean?

Excellent!

I was getting confused with the name of the event being the "out of bounds" festival. I assumed there would be other events as well lol.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
@loki87 I have one more question, since you're the resident expert in everything Saalbach Smile . would you recommend staying for a week in the area or traveling more east in Austria? I am planning to stay after the world cup until the 14th, would there be enough riding to keep busy for that long?

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
SeaSwab wrote:
@loki87 I have one more question, since you're the resident expert in everything Saalbach Smile . would you recommend staying for a week in the area or traveling more east in Austria? I am planning to stay after the world cup until the 14th, would there be enough riding to keep busy for that long?

Depends. If you´re more of a trailrider saalbach may offer a little more to you. Since i´m in parks only for the downhill tracks, Saalbach may be nice for like 3 days, but i´d go elsewhere after that. Add another 3 days for Leogang.
Sadly this year Schladming is completely closed due to work on the new lift and apparently Wagrain will be closed for the season too, so you picked the worst year to travel around.
Saalbach is exhausting though and if you´re hammering X-Line repeatedly it´ll keep you busy for a while. Doing laps on Hacklberg also requires a lot of time as you have to push up a steep road to the summit, then ride down into the valley and back again. Usually i get around 3-4 X-Line laps and one Hacklberg run done in one day with a few short runs on Z-Line or Pro Line thrown in to round things out. That´s arriving at around 10 and not rushing things, so that should give you a rough estimate on how much riding you´ll get done in one day.
I´d say staying a week in Saalbach/Leogang is perfectly fine to get a feel for all the tracks and then do some more on your preferred ones. If you´re into more exploring and touring, doing the Big 5 will of course increase your options a lot.
You can shoot me a pm if you want when you´re there, as there´s a good chance i´ll be out there riding anyway and can show you around a bit.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 9:23 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
Depends. If you´re more of a trailrider saalbach may offer a little more to you. Since i´m in parks only for the downhill tracks, Saalbach may be nice for like 3 days, but i´d go elsewhere after that. Add another 3 days for Leogang.
Sadly this year Schladming is completely closed due to work on the new lift and apparently Wagrain will be closed for the season too, so you picked the worst year to travel around.
Saalbach is exhausting though and if you´re hammering X-Line repeatedly it´ll keep you busy for a while. Doing laps on Hacklberg also requires a lot of time as you have to push up a steep road to the summit, then ride down into the valley and back again. Usually i get around 3-4 X-Line laps and one Hacklberg run done in one day with a few short runs on Z-Line or Pro Line thrown in to round things out. That´s arriving at around 10 and not rushing things, so that should give you a rough estimate on how much riding you´ll get done in one day.
I´d say staying a week in Saalbach/Leogang is perfectly fine to get a feel for all the tracks and then do some more on your preferred ones. If you´re into more exploring and touring, doing the Big 5 will of course increase your options a lot.
You can shoot me a pm if you want when you´re there, as there´s a good chance i´ll be out there riding anyway and can show you around a bit.

Awesome man, thanks for the info! I'll be bringing my enduro bike so I don't mind a little trail/climbing. I'll hit you up when I'm around. Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016739
Mobile Version of Website