Norco repair time

PB Forum :: Norco
Norco repair time
Posted: Nov 4, 2016 at 21:34 Quote
Hi all,
I have just sent a message to Norco directly on Pinkbike. I think that if we could get a few more people to do the same thing and complain about the issue it will motivate Norco to consider a recall. From talking to my bike shop and this thread we all know that this is an issue that can potentially affect all Norco Sight Riders. If we can all get around it something might happen to fix the problem and with a bit of luck, we might all be able to get a recall for a better bike.
I did mention this thread in my message so if you do know other people that have had the same issue then make sure you get them to post it is here as well.

Posted: Nov 5, 2016 at 6:48 Quote
I gave up. Sold the frame and bought a different brand. Bye Bye norco

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 at 12:38 Quote
I've been quite vocal about this on another forum, I've now had 3 , the original and 2 warranty replacements, crack in the same place on the stay. The most recent one to go was a 2015 frame replacement, with the new extra bleb of weld along the stay. This also cracked on the top tube. I have just received a replacement 16 frame which is identical to the 15 frame except color, I don't hold much hope for it after what I have experienced. I totally agree that there should be a full recall on the range and sight as the bikes are not fit for purpose, if Norco do not sort this problem I hope we riders boycott them and review sites lay into them.

Posted: Nov 26, 2016 at 9:57 Quote
^^^ Yep. I'm never buying Norco again, even their DJ frames which I've had good times on. My Range is fun but it sucks to know that the seatstay is inevitably going to bust again. Hopefully they recall it soon and so I can sell the replacement and buy something real and whose manufacturer actually backs their product... I'm thinking Transition.

Posted: May 12, 2017 at 19:25 Quote
Mine broke tonight (2013 Sight) Hopefully I can get it sorted without too much hassle.

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 20:29 Quote
Hey am looking for some advice.
I bought a 2014 norco sight yesterday, took it for a mellow ride this morning and cracked the frame in the exact same place. Would I have to try and get the warranty through the original owner?
And would it still be under warranty?

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 22:48 Quote
Good luck! I tried the same way, no luck..

Posted: May 23, 2017 at 9:45 Quote

Third cracked stay for me on my '14 range. This time it was on the chainstay, but RIGHT on the weld in a way that shouldn't be possible. This just proves how bad their frame construction is.

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 22:53 Quote
OMG, I wish I had come here before buying my Norco Site. Right rear seat stay, just like the others, broke straight though. It has taken the dealer 3 weeks to get an e-mail back only to state that they only have carbon frames left and there will be an upcharge because they noted a scratch on the stay, as to indicate a crash being the cause, also the upgrade to carbon for which they give me no choice. I've had problems with the seat stay pivot bolts coming out continually, no matter how much I tightened them. The idler lower pulley wheel constantly became dislodged from the pin and the dealer said that it was the incorrect pulley size for the bike (I bought it new and they assembled). The dealer stated that they were trying to get a hold of Norco for a month, but that they were out doing some large event, and wouldn't get back for a while. They stated that several people were bringing their bikes back for the same issue. I bought a new derailleur with a short arm and continued to have shifting issues for the life of the bike. I was ready to get rid of this lemon since I bought it, now Norco is gonna charge me some unknown amount for an upgrade I don't want (why they couldn't say the amount in the first e-mail to the dealer mystifies me). I can't even sell this POS with the cracked seat stay, and they don't have a rear triangle replacement. I've been riding downhill and all mountain since I was 14 y/o and this is the first frame I've cracked. My experience with Norco is that the customer service is horrid and the quality of their bikes is garbage.

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 20:17 Quote
That sucks! I was able to get mine replaced but it was time consuming and painful. I really like my range but I don't think I'll be getting another because of this issue. Norco has a big problem that they seem to not want to fix. 2/5 stars...would not recommend

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
Just snapped the same place on my 2014 sight.... Pretty pumped about it

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 0:19 Quote
Any issues with the 2017 Sights?

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 5:30 Quote
Same happened to me yesterday on a XC track... - Sight 7.1 2014

What are your advices? I bought the bike from Evans Cycle and wrote them already.

Posted: Oct 5, 2017 at 5:11 Quote
The replacement that my shop gave me seems to be holding up fine. Put it this way, i weight 90 kgs, ride the bike 3 to 4 times a week and case jumps on a pretty consistent basis. The bike is currently on its 3rd rear wheel and 2nd front. I've had the replacement piece for 10-11 months now and its showing no sign of cracking again. This is of course compared to the mere 3 months that my first one lasted. maybe i just got a lucky piece this time round.

Posted: Oct 13, 2017 at 13:07 Quote
Norco and the shop took care of me ended up getting a 2016 frame and only paid for the parts swap. Just find a good shop and you should be $. The 2014 frame has a well documented issue with the weld in the rear triangle.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022170
Mobile Version of Website