2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 17:14 Quote
AntonLeBreton wrote:
Frowzy wrote:
Pike trump yari everyday of the week, 90% of the people on here wouldn't even notice a difference in stiffness let alone be overloading their pike

Absolutely not. The Yari's chassis is way stiffer !

So the yari would be a good one to get? right now it is only $600

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 17:46 Quote
Just one more question about the rockshox pike rct3. When I compress the fork and lift the front in the air there is a 'knock' from the fork rebounding. Is this normal?

Thanks

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 17:53 Quote
ejayIII wrote:
AntonLeBreton wrote:
Frowzy wrote:
Pike trump yari everyday of the week, 90% of the people on here wouldn't even notice a difference in stiffness let alone be overloading their pike

Absolutely not. The Yari's chassis is way stiffer !

So the yari would be a good one to get? right now it is only $600
If you want better damper proformance: stick with the pike. If you want more stiffness: yari is great. If you want both: shell out for a lyric. To be blunt the yari won't feel a great as the pike but it will be more stiff. However I haven't ridden all three so I don't have a tangible argument really haha.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 18:04 Quote
kolja wrote:
Just one more question about the rockshox pike rct3. When I compress the fork and lift the front in the air there is a 'knock' from the fork rebounding. Is this normal?

Thanks

Like a physical knock you can feel or just hear.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 18:23 Quote
I can feel it a little bit, but mostly just hear.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 18:27 Quote
kolja wrote:
I can feel it a little bit, but mostly just hear.

if its mid stroke then I would say there is something weird. If it is at the end of the stroke then thats just the fork fully extending.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 18:32 Quote
It's only when the fork full extends. Thanks for the reply.

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 0:13 Quote
kolja wrote:
It's only when the fork full extends. Thanks for the reply.
Try to close a rebound for click or two...

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 6:38 Quote
@kolja: I'm a similar weight to you (66kg) and these are the settings on my pike: 50 psi, 1 token, 9 clicks rebound (from fast towards slow), 1 click compression. It's a work in progress but seems to feel good, I would add one more token for really rough trails. This gives me about 20% sag at the front. FYI: I've got the Solo Air Pike (not dual position).

As jernejk said, slow down the rebound to prevent the fork harshly topping out.

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 6:41 Quote
kolja wrote:

Thanks

Try slowing down the rebound a bit. Give it a couple clicks or so.

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 12:58 Quote
The Fox X2 bushing in white is too wide. Fellow X2 riders - how did you install it?

Fox X2 bushing too big for Reign 27.5
Fox X2 bushing too big for Reign 27.5

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 13:23 Quote
Here is the bushing from the lower mount. It is hard plastic. Do I grind the larger lip off so it is flush with the shock casing?

Bushing from bottom mount

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 13:48 Quote
geop wrote:
Here is the bushing from the lower mount. It is hard plastic. Do I grind the larger lip off so it is flush with the shock casing?

Bushing from bottom mount

Fox uses different hardware then rockshox, you need new hardware.

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 14:13 Quote
Does anyone have experience with dartmoor raider 650b rims or worth investing a little more for wtb frequency team i25 650b or take something like that https://www.bike-components.de/en/Mavic/EN-423-Disc-27-5-Felge-Modell-2016-p45718/. I'm looking for the a strong new rear rim( stronger than the current pam2, weight is not so important) with an internal width between 23mm and 26mm (front rim will stay pam2) with 32 spokes. Something that will survive jumps, bike parks, rock gardens...
The problem is that old pam2 rim can't be true any more.
Thanks for any advice what to buy ( 60-70€ max)

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 14:22 Quote
J-Carmichael wrote:
Fox uses different hardware then rockshox, you need new hardware.

I slowly grinded down the extra bushings I had (from the bottom). Worked for a nice fit. I will await LBS / Fox OK before riding. I don't see why it will not work, as long as my grind was square and no play exists.

Bushing grinded down to fit

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010364
Mobile Version of Website