2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Author Message
Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 14:14 Quote
nzobust wrote:
tiagofernandex wrote:
nzobust wrote:


My Reign 2 2016 came with the new dropper post.

Reign 2 2016 - Old dropper

Reign 2 2016 LTD - New dropper


Nope! USA no Reign 2 LTD just the standard Reign 2 with Deore Cranks, with the new dropper...

Yip, SA as well, Reign 2, new dropper

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 20:12 Quote
andymc06 wrote:
Hi all.

Got back from my ride yesterday and found my 142x12 rear maxle had unwound itself! Back end had so much play I am surprised I hadn't noticed. I know it has been mentioned before but check everything regularly or locktite your rear end! :-)

2015 Reign 2 Ltd by the way.

Don't use Locktite on it, you'll never be able to get it out as the plastic handle piece will unscrew of the maxle. Just use a little grease on the maxle and do it up tight, and check regular.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
Ive spoke about this before but im looking at changing out my cranks. If i change the BB aswell what will fit?? Ive got the 2016 Reign advanced with XT cranks

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 13:03 Quote
24mm and 30mm axle cranks will fit, just need the correct bb. What's wrong with the xt cranks?

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 13:10 Quote
Anyone else experiencing creaky bottom bracket with raceface 30 BB for Next SL cranks?

I tried loosing the preload adjuster a bit and it was ok for a few miles than it started creaking again.


BTW: someone asked about crank length, i went with 170mm cranks and haven't had a real pedal strike yet and cant really tell the difference while climbing.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 15:00 Quote
The bottom shock bolt on my bike just came right off. Anyone had this happen before? Also were do I go about getting a new one.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 18:23 Quote
mattheroesking wrote:
andymc06 wrote:
Hi all.

Got back from my ride yesterday and found my 142x12 rear maxle had unwound itself! Back end had so much play I am surprised I hadn't noticed. I know it has been mentioned before but check everything regularly or locktite your rear end! :-)

2015 Reign 2 Ltd by the way.

Don't use Locktite on it, you'll never be able to get it out as the plastic handle piece will unscrew of the maxle. Just use a little grease on the maxle and do it up tight, and check regular.

I use a little lock-tite on my axle and can always still get it undone.... My axle previously came loose too many times without it.

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 22:39 Quote
sir-hc wrote:
24mm and 30mm axle cranks will fit, just need the correct bb. What's wrong with the xt cranks?

nothing wrong with them, im just going with a bit of carbon :-)

so if i was to get say Raceface SIXC or Sram X0 cranks which BB would i need??

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 22:59 Quote
beachy01 wrote:
sir-hc wrote:
24mm and 30mm axle cranks will fit, just need the correct bb. What's wrong with the xt cranks?

nothing wrong with them, im just going with a bit of carbon :-)

so if i was to get say Raceface SIXC or Sram X0 cranks which BB would i need??

For the SixC you would need a PF30 BB, for the X0 it depends if you get the GXP version (pressfit GXP BB) or the BB30 version (PF30 BB)

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 23:03 Quote
Whipperman wrote:
beachy01 wrote:
sir-hc wrote:
24mm and 30mm axle cranks will fit, just need the correct bb. What's wrong with the xt cranks?

nothing wrong with them, im just going with a bit of carbon :-)

so if i was to get say Raceface SIXC or Sram X0 cranks which BB would i need??

For the SixC you would need a PF30 BB, for the X0 it depends if you get the GXP version (pressfit GXP BB) or the BB30 version (PF30 BB)

thanks Whipperman, all these bloody standards do my head in!!

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 2:38 Quote
The Pikes on the front of my Reign are dying a slow creaky death, will be going back for warranty, no idea how long it will take (bought from CRC). They also feel pretty awful in comparison to a brand new Pike on my 29er, even though its been recently rebuilt with new seals all the way through.

Currently weighing up the 36 or Lyrik as a replacement (have an X2 already). There does seem to be complaints about the 36 being harsh on the small bump sensitivity, for those who have complained about this, is your fork spaced down (i.e. a 170mm fork running at 160mm) or is it running at its supplied height? As speaking to a bike shop mechanic they were adamant that spacing down the fork cures some of the harshness.

Reading some of the threads on here and other forums, it was mentioned that the charger damper has little in the way of compression damping, and effectively relies on the spring & tokens?

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 4:15 Quote
My 2016 36 works as a charm, super supple and composed, without any tunes.

Not a single complaint.

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 9:37 Quote
The shop estimated me 2 weeks to fix my pike crowns& I needed to send in the fork. So no fork for 2 weeks I'm just riding it creaky until I have a chance to take 2 weeks off. Also the mechanic at the shop has the the identical problem with his fox 36....

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 9:45 Quote
Frowzy wrote:
The shop estimated me 2 weeks to fix my pike crowns& I needed to send in the fork. So no fork for 2 weeks I'm just riding it creaky until I have a chance to take 2 weeks off. Also the mechanic at the shop has the the identical problem with his fox 36....

I had no shock for almost a month due to a warranty (rockshox vivid). Turned out to be a machining error on the ifp reservoir can threads that let oil leak out when compressed. No bike for that long is pretty terrible

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 10:52 Quote
Thing is with the crown issue is they are aware of it being quite common & I want to know why they can't just ship the lbs some new uppers instead of sending your whole fork off.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006833
Mobile Version of Website