2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 20:12 Quote
mtbrider007 wrote:
Malbert wrote:
Hey guys! After what seemed like the longest wait (3 months) my 17 Reign Advanced 1 finally showed up. I have been riding it for two weeks now on everything from local cross country trails to Blue Mountain bike park. It took a little while to get the suspension set up, and I am still playing with it a little bit. I have been considering adding a volume spacer to the rear and seeing how that plays out, but for now, i love the bike. I changed a few small things out of the gate like the giant branded seat and grips for a chromag seat and census grips. Most recently i switched the handlebar to a rental carbon 30mm rise/ 780 width to replace the factory contact SL with 20mm rise and 800 width. Sold my Giant Trance and Kona Operator Supreme to purchase this and i have 0 regrets. As of now, I have no further changes planned, but time will tell.
photo
photo
photo
That reign comes maxed out with spacers in the rear. :/ is 160lbs and ride fairly aggressively so I added a 7.6cc volume spacer to the fork Perfect.

Uhhh ohhh haha i hope thats not the case. I'm 200lbs and also ride aggressive. i have it set fairly well at the moment, maybe ill just leave it.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
What is the little black square bit above on the seat tube for? Mine has it too but I can't figure out what it would be used for.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 9:32 Quote
Firehawk989 wrote:
What is the little black square bit above on the seat tube for? Mine has it too but I can't figure out what it would be used for.
Front derailleur mount

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 9:51 Quote
Firehawk989 wrote:

Blinker fluid cap. Don't over fill.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 0:10 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Firehawk989 wrote:

Make sure you get the right sort or you'll blink too fast.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 6:59 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Firehawk989 wrote:

Aahhh I think you will find it's the overhead manifold sprocket capacitor. Duh.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 7:41 Quote
It's for the front derailleur mount

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 8:10 Quote
smobytoe wrote:
Clarkeh wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:

That's only if your set up includes a sky hook.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 9:26 Quote
smobytoe wrote:
Clarkeh wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:

Yeah, maybe if you're stuck in 2016! A Dual Overhead Shackle Shafter© setup provides faster blinking with less fluid.

Derailleur mount...smh.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 10:35 Quote
Haha, nice guys! Off to get a bottle of blinker fluid!

I thought it might be a front derailleur mount, but it looked too high up on the seat tube compared to what I'm used to. Remember I'm coming from a 2008 bike here, so there are a lot of things that I'm not used to seeing!

In other news, found a ridiculous deal on some new Maxxis tires and swapped out those terrifying Hans Dampf "Performance" tires. Also picked up some odi grips.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 12:14 Quote
Has anyone here tried cutting knobs on the stock schwalbes? Eventually I want to switch to a dhf/high roller combo, but I'm trying to decide if it's worth cutting ramped knobs on the Hans dampf until then

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 12:33 Quote
arphia wrote:
Has anyone here tried cutting knobs on the stock schwalbes? Eventually I want to switch to a dhf/high roller combo, but I'm trying to decide if it's worth cutting ramped knobs on the Hans dampf until then

The dampf's knobs are already pretty tall and unsupported. I'm not sure i'd want to mod it more.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 15:00 Quote
Firehawk989 wrote:

Forget the little black square, I want to know why the bike is so clean. If you ride it it gets dirty, ha ha have fun.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 16:54 Quote
Bulldog61 wrote:
Firehawk989 wrote:

Forget the little black square, I want to know why the bike is so clean. If you ride it it gets dirty, ha ha have fun.

Did a little muc-off testing, works well!

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 10:13 Quote
Bulldog61 wrote:
Firehawk989 wrote:

Trails have been mostly dry around here since I got it! Might get some mud on it today though, off to Squamish to find out! Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015105
Mobile Version of Website