2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 17:26 Quote
HarryStenner94 wrote:
Mrbeau wrote:
HarryStenner94 wrote:
Guys in need of some advice! Just got my new 2017 Reign 2 - absolutely love it but cant deal with taking it apart and putting it in the car every time i go for a ride.

Does anyone have any experience putting these on rear mounted roof racks? The frame triangle is too small to put both bars through the frame. Would it be okay to put one through the frame above the shock and the other under the frame/downtube and secure it there?

Looking at one like the Thule Freeway 968 - http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-racks/rear-mounted-bike-racks/thule-freeway-968-rear-mount-3-bike-carrier.

I'm off to Coed y Brenin next weekend and its around 300 miles around trip so need something decent.

Any help would be appreciated as i dont want to drop £300 on a roof mounted thule system! Thanks Smile

Hitch mounted system a possibility?

You can mount a hitch on any car, regardless of how tiny. (I've seen them on smart cars). Then just buy a used hitch mount rack to keep the price down.

Temporary back mount racks inevitably scratch your car, and roof racks absolutely kill your gas mileage. 11mpg diff on my car.

How does a hitch mount fit? I have a mk6 golf so not sure i have a hitch? I'm not too fussed about fuel efficiency dropping so at the moment i'm leaning towards second hand roof bars..

mfoga wrote:
Or add one of these

https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/bike-rack/trunk-bike-rack-accessories/thule-frame-adapter-982xt-_-982xt999

Have you used one of these with a Reign? Would they affect a dropper post?

I have not, I have never used one ever but they seem to do a good job of leveling a bike.

Posted: Aug 19, 2017 at 21:38 Quote
What up dudes and dudettes

I have a 2016 Reign 2 and I need information on what hardware, bushings, or mounting kit I need for the FOX DHX2. I thought it'd be an easy swap out of the rear shock but Rockshox and Fox do not make that easy lol
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks!

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 21:14 Quote
I also have a creak on my 2015 reign advanced. I just had the pivots serviced but still creaking , better now also regreased bottom bracket. Going to try axle, definitely sound like it's in that area. I'll post after I try the axle

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 22:48 Quote
Stemrick522 wrote:
I also have a creak on my 2015 reign advanced. I just had the pivots serviced but still creaking , better now also regreased bottom bracket. Going to try axle, definitely sound like it's in that area. I'll post after I try the axle
Take the derailleur hanger/axle interfaces apart (both sides) clean and re grease. That's a common creak.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 1:29 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
Stemrick522 wrote:
Take the derailleur hanger/axle interfaces apart (both sides) clean and re grease. That's a common creak.

Yep there's something going on with that hanger, couldn't find a way to mute it though

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 1:32 Quote
HarryStenner94 wrote:
How does a hitch mount fit? I have a mk6 golf so not sure i have a hitch? I'm not too fussed about fuel efficiency dropping so at the moment i'm leaning towards second hand roof bars..

Hitch = towbar, and yes, you can fit to Golf 6's.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 20:30 Quote
Just put together a 2018 Reign 1 Large
photo

And because some people probably want to know, this is the new Giant 150mm dropper post slammed (1cm gap)
photo

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 23:11 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
photo

And because some people probably want to know, this is the seat post slammed (1cm gap)
photo

150mm dropper? If so, that's awesome. Means the max insertion is the same as the current large, but with a shorter seat tube.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 23:19 Quote
cptmayhem wrote:
Clarkeh wrote:

And because some people probably want to know, this is the seat post slammed (1cm gap)

150mm dropper? If so, that's awesome. Means the max insertion is the same as the current large, but with a shorter seat tube.
Yes sorry, with the 150mm post.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 2:42 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
photo

Is this a Giant Dropper Post?

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 2:47 Quote
muerte wrote:
Clarkeh wrote:
photo

Yes, the new one, the bike is 100% stock.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 7:08 Quote
Sellasist32 wrote:
What up dudes and dudettes

I have a 2016 Reign 2 and I need information on what hardware, bushings, or mounting kit I need for the FOX DHX2. I thought it'd be an easy swap out of the rear shock but Rockshox and Fox do not make that easy lol
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks!
Same question..

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
muerte wrote:
Clarkeh wrote:
photo

And it seems that they updated the lever finally:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-ZEAAOSwYSRZjdWm/s-l1600.jpg

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 22:45 Quote
Getting high in Whistler on Saturday:

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 5:01 Quote
What length dropper comes on the medium 2018 reign. Be interested to know if it slams all the way in.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017292
Mobile Version of Website