2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 20:34 Quote
machchicken wrote:
Does anyone know or know where to find out when the 2018 advanced 1 are shipping in Canada? My bike blue balls are near bursting, I placed the order but now it is showing out of stock.....everywhere.

The advanced models aren'tshipping anywhere yet. Last I heard it probably wouldn't be until mid-september or so. I'm not 100% though.

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 20:40 Quote
Kenfire24 wrote:
machchicken wrote:
Does anyone know or know where to find out when the 2018 advanced 1 are shipping in Canada? My bike blue balls are near bursting, I placed the order but now it is showing out of stock.....everywhere.

The advanced models aren'tshipping anywhere yet. Last I heard it probably wouldn't be until mid-september or so. I'm not 100% though.
They reckon that NZ will have them in about 6 weeks. You should be the same if not earlier?

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 20:43 Quote
Kenfire24 wrote:
machchicken wrote:

Ohhhh calamity.... I needed it for September. Thanks for replying.

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 21:54 Quote
nunocasco wrote:
Hey guys! So after weeks searching I really can´t decide what to do with my rear shock, RS monarch Debonair...

I´m a heavy guy, 100kg or 220lbs full equiped and i really don´t like how soft is the monarch... Is nice to ride for long miles, but for downhill and enduro tracks (what i do most) it keeps strugling with the hard terrain.

I fit 300psi and standing pedal keeps me praying to gods to not hit the pedal on the ground and FOTB :p

I really don´t know what to do... upgrade to something diferent, like coil? Or a better air shock?

And i really don´t want to spend a lot of money, keep in mind that X2 or CCDB coil are around 900$ in Portugal... a lot...

Help please Smile

(Giant Reign 2LTD 2017)

i run four bands...probably go back to five bands in my 2016 Reign 2

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 0:28 Quote
Hey my lovely forum members. What size if headset do I need for my reign?? It's a carbon 2016 in the minty colour. All help appreciated
Smile

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 0:33 Quote

Just upgraded to Vivid Air R2C Fab
I'm yet to take it to the bike park this weekend. It's not yet broken in, yet it already feels plusher.
However there's a slight top-out clunk and another at the beginning of the stroke, but it's only felt when pushing down on the saddle by hand. Have you (the other Vivid Air owners) experienced something similar? Do I need to take it to service even if it's brand new?

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 4:05 Quote
theMISSIONARY wrote:
nunocasco wrote:
Hey guys! So after weeks searching I really can´t decide what to do with my rear shock, RS monarch Debonair...

I´m a heavy guy, 100kg or 220lbs full equiped and i really don´t like how soft is the monarch... Is nice to ride for long miles, but for downhill and enduro tracks (what i do most) it keeps strugling with the hard terrain.

I fit 300psi and standing pedal keeps me praying to gods to not hit the pedal on the ground and FOTB :p

I really don´t know what to do... upgrade to something diferent, like coil? Or a better air shock?

And i really don´t want to spend a lot of money, keep in mind that X2 or CCDB coil are around 900$ in Portugal... a lot...

Help please Smile

(Giant Reign 2LTD 2017)

The bands, those red plastic rings? Are easy to insert at home or do I need to do a service? How many rebound clicks do you use?

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 4:57 Quote
machchicken wrote:
Kenfire24 wrote:
machchicken wrote:

I'll try to find out for sure today. At least here in the states... which should be the same general timeframe for you guys. Hopefully it all works out for you man!

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 5:04 Quote
nunocasco wrote:
theMISSIONARY wrote:
nunocasco wrote:

Help please Smile

(Giant Reign 2LTD 2017)

The bands, those red plastic rings? Are easy to insert at home or do I need to do a service? How many rebound clicks do you use?

Very easy to do at home.

Take out bottom shock bolt(let all the air out of the shock),slip the black O-ring down ,pull the can off,put on rings with a slight bit of grease,put back together....enjoy

not sure if the language is correct for you

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 6:55 Quote
smobytoe wrote:
Hey my lovely forum members. What size if headset do I need for my reign?? It's a carbon 2016 in the minty colour. All help appreciated
Smile
https://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 10:47 Quote
Stoencha wrote:
I'm interested at buying Reign 2 2017 but the leverage rations is really bothering me and the things I read about how soft the bike feels with the stock rear shock because I like my bike a little bit stiffer and I'm afraid I will bottomed it way to often. I'm around 80kg with gear. Does adding volume spacers help or I need to find coil shock?
ps sorry for bad English

I was worried about the same thing. I've put botomless rings into the shock and haven't bottomed out yet. It just uses full travel. I'm 85kg without gear but ride smooth & wisely comming from dh Racing background.

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 14:01 Quote
Kenfire24 wrote:
machchicken wrote:
Kenfire24 wrote:

I'll try to find out for sure today. At least here in the states... which should be the same general timeframe for you guys. Hopefully it all works out for you man!
Thanks Kenfire. I am teaching an enduro based course and the thought of teaching pedaling lessons on my demo 8 has me sweating and swearing. I'll look into a rental/loaner bike. Cheers!

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
nunocasco wrote:
Firehawk989 wrote:
Try speeding up the rebound a couple of clicks and adding a spacer or two. I was experiencing similar until I made the rebound a little bit faster. I think what's happening with the too slow rebound is the shock can't recover fast enough, stays lower in the travel where there's more pressure, and therefore feels harsh. Try messing around with these things a bit more before you spend a bunch of money on a new shock. If it really doesn't work, then buy the new shock.

From "turtle to rabbit" how many clicks is the "standard"?

I think I'm 4 or 5 clicks out from "turtle" now. Going to vary a bit depending on your weight and how you like your rear to feel though.

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 19:24 Quote
To me it's official, the Reign is one tough SOB. I have been riding these rocky, dusty trails every second day (15 - 20km per ride) for 6 weeks. The trails will shake the teeth from your head and the Reign ate it up. Unfortunately I hit a gap drop with insufficient speed, pogoing the Reign off the front wheel and driving my head into the dirt. Reign bounced and tumbled and came out perfect only needing the stem, brake levers and seat re aligning. The carbon front wheel is still perfect and true, I think an alloy one would have tacoed. As for me unfortunately a trip to the hospital with c4 and c6 spinus process fractures. The Bell super 3r saved my life. Unfortunately now I am 3 months out of the saddle and GLW (god lady wife) has put restrictions for my return. All said and done to Reign is way tougher than me.

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 19:37 Quote
Installed the Fox DHX2 last night. Haven't done a ride yet but man it feels insane already. Getting the rebound set properly seems a bit tricky via the curb test but I'll figure it out. I'm 192lbs without riding gear and am running a 550# spring as a tester. Thanks to mfoga and others on here for the valuable information on what I needed to get it installed. Test ride down T&A after work here in Laguna Beach tomorrow. Stoked!

Fox DHX2 installed

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021793
Mobile Version of Website