2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Feb 11, 2018 at 22:57 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
Anyone running a 180 fork on the front of their reign? I'm thinking about extending my fox 36 to 180 and would like to hear what people think about the difference.

Yes. DO IT.

Running an old 2010 'zocchi 66 @ 180mm. Extra weight helps it on the climbs, funnily enough, but it's bloody awesome on the way down as well.

Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 15:13 Quote
murrdogg wrote:
FYI I took my X2 from my advanced 1 in for a re-valve as it came with a "light" compression tune. It was a success. i was able to drop the pressure for more sag and i'm not blowing through all the travel like i was before. tup

I totally agree with the shock feeling light. I’m 90-95kgs with pack and have to pump it up 250psi and it just sits on 30% and thats even packed with volume spacers and even then it still blows through travel.

What do you weigh?
How did u get it revalved?
What did u pump it up to get 30% from before and after revalve?

Thanks heaps

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 9:03 Quote
Anyone tried putting a anthem 29 rear triangle on the Reign?

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 11:55 Quote
jrager wrote:

What for? You want to make it 29’r?

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 15:03 Quote
jrager wrote:

I think the upper pivot is lower on the Anthem so it won't fit.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 11:08 Quote
sam264 wrote:
rawtor51 wrote:
Vivasanti wrote:
Could anyone tell me if their reign has a tiny "notch" under the bottom bracket (part of the frame for the cable to sit in - I have one on my bike but wondering if it's from cable rub?

Cheers

It will be cable rub I'm afraid, seen it on a few Reign's now. cable too short so when shock compressed it get pulled under the BB
Alu doesn't rust dude...

Checked my 2017 Reign 2 for a notch on my bb. Nothing found. One year of solid riding on it and no cable rub or wear.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 3:39 Quote
Clarkbiker wrote:
juanpkumicho wrote:

Forget about that 1 psi/lb rule, who told you that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6onk12nLs

juanpkumicho wrote:
For your reference, I weight 92~94 kg kitted and I run 260 psi and 6 bands, and I think I am on the lower side of pressures when compared to the rest of people here. I am not sure if 6 bands is a bit too much for my liking, what I really lack is LSC damping, previously I ran 4 bands and used the shock in trail mode for descents, and it felt awesome, but I am trying this setup at the moment.

Pay attention to the volume reducer bands as some of our other fellow Reigners have already said, this makes a MASSIVE difference in mid-stroke to end-stroke support, can make the Reign change from a dead feeling bike to a happy, live and compliant bike. Also, if you run no bands at all you might have to use more pressure which will feel worse than less pressure and more ramp up.

Conclusion, at your weight, run no less than 4 bands and put whatever pressure you need to put to get your sag. Remember to cycle your suspension as you add pressure to equalize chambers. Once you have your spring rate (pressure + bands), set your rebound because if you leave it as it was, it will probably be too fast.

Cool thanks, it is clear to me now. I ordered some bottomless spacers, as soon they arrive I will try to put four and see how it changes.
Finally I had some time to work on my bike and add some bottomless tokens into my RockShox Monarch RT.
When I opened it, inside there were already two tokens, I added another four to see if I could feel immediately any difference. Once I pumped the shock up to 100psi, cycled it and pumped it again up to 200psi, when I sit on it the sag is still at 40%!
Did I do anything wrong or I have to put even more pressure in it? even though there is six tokens in it now?
Did I put the tokens in the right place?
See picture below.

photo

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 4:11 Quote
Thanks.
I did already check at both this links ages ago.
I was just double checking with you guys as a few of you have done this before.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 4:24 Quote
Clarkbiker wrote:
ka81 wrote:
Clarkbiker wrote:
Did I do anything wrong or I have to put even more pressure in it? even though there is six tokens in it now?

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/how-to-adjust-the-air-volume-of-the-rockshox-monarch-shock/
Thanks.

You shoudln't put rings in the lower part of the chamber, that's the negative side; So move the bottom two bands up, after the separation.
When you pressurize : pump 100 PSI, cycle the shock; then fill again and cycle once again; repeat this until you reach 35% sag

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 5:31 Quote
Whipperman wrote:
Clarkbiker wrote:
Thanks.

You shoudln't put rings in the lower part of the chamber, that's the negative side; So move the bottom two bands up, after the separation.
When you pressurize : pump 100 PSI, cycle the shock; then fill again and cycle once again; repeat this until you reach 35% sag

This bands in upper part work as high speed compression, so with more of them it will be harder to bottom out, but sag will stay the same, as they don't increase volume in negative ( lower) chamber and you should put them just in upper ( positive) chamber, so check that you don't have them in lower part. I think there is enough space for 7 or 8 of them)

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 7:19 Quote
I don’t understand which one is the positive and negative chamber.
The negative chamber isn’t the part just below the last two bottomless tokens? Delimited by a black O-ring?

I added one more, so there is seven in total now.
Pressure 260/270psi and without any gear the sag it’s just on 30%.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 9:09 Quote
Clarkbiker wrote:
See picture below.

photo
No you didn't. Where there are 4 bands in the pic is the positive chamber. Where there are 2 is the negative chamber. You can put a maximum of 6 in the positive chamber.

photo

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 9:20 Quote
Clarkbiker wrote:
I don’t understand which one is the positive and negative chamber.
The negative chamber isn’t the part just below the last two bottomless tokens? Delimited by a black O-ring?

I added one more, so there is seven in total now.
Pressure 260/270psi and without any gear the sag it’s just on 30%.
make sure you're not blocking any equalizer holes also.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 12:55 Quote
Schummy wrote:
Clarkbiker wrote:
See picture below.

photo
No you didn't. Where there are 4 bands in the pic is the positive chamber. Where there are 2 is the negative chamber. You can put a maximum of 6 in the positive chamber.

photo
Cool thank you very much! And thanks for uploading an example picture too! It is perfectly clear now! Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021130
Mobile Version of Website