2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Apr 19, 2018 at 10:09 Quote
High engagement hubs are worth it imo. Been 2 yrs on an I9, first high engagement hub and wish I'd done it years ago.

Rims are expendable.

Next ground up build I'm going to dump all my money into: 1) suspension 2) brakes 3) rear hub. The rest I don't even care.

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 1:42 Quote
How do you stop that little bit of side to side play on the Giant's own dropper post? Brand new post, and I've met a couple of other Giant owners with the same annoyance. Does it ever get any worse ?

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 2:46 Quote
Whitey1 wrote:
How do you stop that little bit of side to side play on the Giant's own dropper post?
Buying BikeYoke Revive.

Whitey1 wrote:
Does it ever get any worse ?
No.

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 4:08 Quote
Whitey1 wrote:
How do you stop that little bit of side to side play on the Giant's own dropper post? Brand new post, and I've met a couple of other Giant owners with the same annoyance. Does it ever get any worse ?
Pretty much all droppers have some side to side play.

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 15:05 Quote
HariMXDH wrote:
Hello fellow Reign owners. I have had this problem for a while with my Reign advanced 1 2016. It creaks! Oh man it does. I don't get it. As far as i know it's not the BB, the sound comes from behind, the hub or spokes o pivots, i don't know! My lbs doesn't know where the problem is. What do you guys think it is? It creaks only when I put the power on the pedals, I race xc and enduro, so i train for it. But i don't think I am putting that much power for the frame to flex and sound like that. Everything is tight, bearings, pivots, rear axle, bb, cranks, pedals are neat, so what would the problem be?! Please help! It drives me crazy when I ride.

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 15:06 Quote
Mine used to display it. Turns out it was where the dropouts bolt onto the inside of the frame

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 15:15 Quote
reedymx wrote:
HariMXDH wrote:
Hello fellow Reign owners. I have had this problem for a while with my Reign advanced 1 2016. It creaks! Oh man it does. I don't get it. As far as i know it's not the BB, the sound comes from behind, the hub or spokes o pivots, i don't know! My lbs doesn't know where the problem is. What do you guys think it is? It creaks only when I put the power on the pedals, I race xc and enduro, so i train for it. But i don't think I am putting that much power for the frame to flex and sound like that. Everything is tight, bearings, pivots, rear axle, bb, cranks, pedals are neat, so what would the problem be?! Please help! It drives me crazy when I ride.

If everything is tight, did you lube/grease those areas?

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 15:54 Quote
reedymx wrote:
Mine used to display it. Turns out it was where the dropouts bolt onto the inside of the frame
Mine was the rear derailleur come loose.

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 17:01 Quote
Mine is the seat post clamp. I replaced it with an oversized one from Ebay and that has helped. For full disclosure, I have long legs and I’m on a Large frame. I have enough seatpost out that I could easly run a 200mm dropper if they weren’t so damn expensive. So, leverage is not on my side.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 0:11 Quote
Whitey1 wrote:

Nothing you can do really, the keyways on Giant posts wear down so quickly which results in play within a few weeks.

I’m about to return mine under warranty for the third time for this reason, each time it’s gotten to a point where the seat just rattles around horrendously anytime I ride out of the saddle

You could try and strip the post down and pack the keyways with grease, this might stop it moving side to side so freely at least but it won’t work miracles

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 3:35 Quote
That side-to-side horizontal play is soooo smal, it even doesn't bother when you are sitting.
Is it a problem for anyone??..!!

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 4:46 Quote
ka81 wrote:
That side-to-side horizontal play is soooo smal, it even doesn't bother when you are sitting.

Mine moves from side to side by about 15mm. Trust me, if you were following me on a descent, it would be a problem...

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 5:28 Quote
15 mm ?
Just to be clear, are we talking about horizontal play when you take a saddle and move it left-right?

Like that - https://youtu.be/290iCk0GdWc

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 5:49 Quote
Posted: 39 mins ago Quote | Report Post
ka81 wrote:

Mine moves from side to side by about 15mm. Trust me, if you were following me on a descent, it would be a problem...

That's what bothers me. As it is I forget it as soon as I get started but if it gets worse with time then it'll be annoying eventually. I don't think I had the same movement with a RS Reverb on a Trance.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 10:13 Quote
ka81 wrote:
15 mm ?
Just to be clear, are we talking about horizontal play when you take a saddle and move it left-right?

Like that - https://youtu.be/290iCk0GdWc

Yes exactly like that, however considerably worse. It also has developed a small amount of back and fourth play too

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013102
Mobile Version of Website