2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 12:10 Quote
All my different droppers had that small play LIKE on video and I understand it's normal (technically normal).
Right now just bought new BikeYoke Revive, they say it doesn't have any play at all, we'll see.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 14:05 Quote
ka81 wrote:
All my different droppers had that small play LIKE on video and I understand it's normal (technically normal).
Right now just bought new BikeYoke Revive, they say it doesn't have any play at all, we'll see.

Here’s a clip of my post that I recorded earlier:

https://youtu.be/xArikAWJlHk

I had been looking at upgrading to a revive myself, although the new OneUp post has caught my attention

Hope you get on well with your new post!

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 18:37 Quote
GeorgeAlbery wrote:
ka81 wrote:

I had been looking at upgrading to a revive myself, although the new OneUp post has caught my attention

i have had two Giant droppers get worse than that.....they still worked(it didnt feel smooth) so i kept using them.... eventually sold the bikes i put the posts on.

as i replace the post on my Reign(first one went under warranty, i then replaced the next one with a 150mm ) the spare post goes onto a different bike i own

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 22:33 Quote
reedymx wrote:
Hello fellow Reign owners. I have had this problem for a while with my Reign advanced 1 2016. It creaks! Oh man it does. I don't get it. As far as i know it's not the BB, the sound comes from behind, the hub or spokes o pivots, i don't know! My lbs doesn't know where the problem is. What do you guys think it is? It creaks only when I put the power on the pedals, I race xc and enduro, so i train for it. But i don't think I am putting that much power for the frame to flex and sound like that. Everything is tight, bearings, pivots, rear axle, bb, cranks, pedals are neat, so what would the problem be?! Please help! It drives me crazy when I ride.

Mine was some combination of the stem/headset area, and/or the seatpost clamp. Cleaned and lightly greased all these things and it went away.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 23:02 Quote
theMISSIONARY wrote:
GeorgeAlbery wrote:
ka81 wrote:

i have had two Giant droppers get worse than that.....they still worked(it didnt feel smooth) so i kept using them.... eventually sold the bikes i put the posts on.

as i replace the post on my Reign(first one went under warranty, i then replaced the next one with a 150mm ) the spare post goes onto a different bike i own

How bad does it need to get before you claim warranty ? I don't really want the hassle of a claim and stripping the internal routing etc which was a PITA installation anyway if it stays as it is ?

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 23:09 Quote
Whitey1 wrote:
theMISSIONARY wrote:
GeorgeAlbery wrote:

How bad does it need to get before you claim warranty ? I don't really want the hassle of a claim and stripping the internal routing etc which was a PITA installation anyway if it stays as it is ?

The first post I returned wasn’t as bad as this one I and they replaced that with no question, and the second was about the same but the cartridge had also failed

From my experience you don’t need to return the cable with the post. Just pull the post out and disconnect the cable from the bottom and return the post on its own. Then when your new post arrives just tape the new cable onto the old one and pull it through

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 at 5:27 Quote
Does anyone know what the bearing codes are for the rear hub on the reign 2 2017? Cheers!

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 10:50 Quote
Hey everyone, I need some help with my 2017 Reign Adv 1, I bought it last year but didn't decide to ride it until recently when I gave my 2015 Adv 1 to my son.

I pedal strike constantly, even on the simplest trail the pedal bob is horrible and the shock only allows 250psi max

With Camelbak and riding gear I weigh 217 pounds, my shock is set at 220psi and its ridiculously soft and there is no compression dampening, I am going to try 250psi but with my 2015 I had the shock at 325psi.

Is there a way to counteract the soft suspension? I haven't had to climb any major hills yet but I suspect it's not going to be easy and I really am tired of pedal striking, the brand new cranks are chewed up something horrible after my first ride.

Cheers,
C.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
Whitey1 wrote:
theMISSIONARY wrote:
GeorgeAlbery wrote:

my first post lost the anodising quickly so no issue....the second post i paid for a 150mm and put the 125mm on to a different bike

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 14:21 Quote
VertigoPerformance wrote:
Hey everyone, I need some help with my 2017 Reign Adv 1, I bought it last year but didn't decide to ride it until recently when I gave my 2015 Adv 1 to my son.

I pedal strike constantly, even on the simplest trail the pedal bob is horrible and the shock only allows 250psi max

With Camelbak and riding gear I weigh 217 pounds, my shock is set at 220psi and its ridiculously soft and there is no compression dampening, I am going to try 250psi but with my 2015 I had the shock at 325psi.

Is there a way to counteract the soft suspension? I haven't had to climb any major hills yet but I suspect it's not going to be easy and I really am tired of pedal striking, the brand new cranks are chewed up something horrible after my first ride.

Cheers,
C.

what shock is it? the pressure max sounds wrong

*EDIT*

Fox Float X2 Performance? same as the Aus model?
if so thats a max of 250psi, so volume spacers sound like a way to fix it

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 15:39 Quote

Cheers,
C.
If its the Monarch plus debonnair, you should swap to the non debonnair can. Its just a bad fit with the Reign high ratio. It makes you go through the travel too easily even with the right sag/pressure.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 16:38 Quote
theMISSIONARY wrote:

Cheers,
C.

what shock is it? the pressure max sounds wrong

*EDIT*

Fox Float X2 Performance? same as the Aus model?
if so thats a max of 250psi, so volume spacers sound like a way to fix it
It'll be an X2 unless he's changed it.
That shock does have a low speed compression adjust/lockout for climbing too, but I never found the pedal bob bad enough to use it.

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 14:13 Quote

Cheers,
C.

I have the same model. 185lbs with riding gear, and run 225psi. Took a while to figure out but the good old method of measuring sag went out the window. Start riding with a shock pump and experiment with different pressures until you figure it out. At your weight you may end up going with a coil shock.

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 14:23 Quote

Cheers,
C.

Maybe too obvious, apologies if I missed something.

But why is the shock set ridiculously soft at only 220psi, and no spacers?

Might even take less time to pump up the shock to the correct psi than it would to make a post about it being too soft. Right?

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 19:22 Quote
Has anyone here put a 200x51 shock on their Reign, and if so how was it?

Im thinking of getting a shorter travel shock that I can swap out with my coil on days when Im riding some smoother trails or expect just a ton of pedaling uphill. Im thinking this will be more useful to me than buying a shorter travel bike. At 25% sag my BB would raise by 1.5mm and I think Ill be fine with that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010470
Mobile Version of Website