2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: May 16, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
1) try all (!) existing regional web-sites of Giant. I mean Contact form there.
2) try asking GiantWebLink@GiantBicycle.com

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 11:35 Quote
What seatpost clamp size for Reign 2016 alu?
31.9, 34.8,...

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 12:34 Quote
ka81 wrote:
What seatpost clamp size for Reign 2016 alu?
31.9, 34.8,...

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 1:43 Quote
I got the vivid rc2 coil delivered to my door, ordered a 550 lbs spring to it and some fitting hardware 8x46mm(ordered with some overlength since i didnt know for sure what i needed, and have access to a variety of machines to get it done properly). Im 90kg and hoping that 550lbs spring will fit me nicely and will be back with an update on that for sure.

Anyone else running vivid rc2 with that beginning rebound knob? Will it be enough to just grind the knob down a little? Grinding out the frame for it to fit is out of the question obv. Maybe even get offset bushing on lower eye to move it?

O+
Posted: May 20, 2018 at 1:56 Quote
Skitrulle wrote:
I got the vivid rc2 coil delivered to my door, ordered a 550 lbs spring to it and some fitting hardware 8x46mm(ordered with some overlength since i didnt know for sure what i needed, and have access to a variety of machines to get it done properly). Im 90kg and hoping that 550lbs spring will fit me nicely and will be back with an update on that for sure.

Anyone else running vivid rc2 with that beginning rebound knob? Will it be enough to just grind the knob down a little? Grinding out the frame for it to fit is out of the question obv. Maybe even get offset bushing on lower eye to move it?
I ran the vivid in my reign when I had it with a 450 spring at about 165lbs not sure if that helps much. As far as the rebound knob goes just twist the shaft around and it goes right fone.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 2:34 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
Skitrulle wrote:

I ran the vivid in my reign when I had it with a 450 spring at about 165lbs not sure if that helps much. As far as the rebound knob goes just twist the shaft around and it goes right fone.

Ah sh*t, totally missed trying that! thanks alot for the fast reply, about the coil i think thats quite accurate for me(since im 191lbs). Cheers!

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 3:42 Quote
Skitrulle wrote:
8x46mm(ordered with some overlength since i didnt know for sure what i needed, and have access to a variety of machines to get it done properly)
for dozens of times it was written here - 8х39.88 803-03-189
and you must have narrower main bushing, with using of washers by sides.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 21:57 Quote
ka81 wrote:
Skitrulle wrote:
8x46mm(ordered with some overlength since i didnt know for sure what i needed, and have access to a variety of machines to get it done properly)
for dozens of times it was written here - 8х39.88 803-03-189
and you must have narrower main bushing, with using of washers by sides.

I know, but it was be4 i checked here. Only looked up length and spring rate since partly i thought i didnt need to change it and if i did have to, it wouldnt be a problem to make in the workshop.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 14:31 Quote
So heres an update on my new vivid r2c fitted on my 2017 reign, as i mentioned earlier i ordered a 550lbs spring and some bushings that were supposed to be for this model (but it wasnt).

Fortunatly for me, all the old bushings and spacers held up and fit spot on from the x2 shock so i just had to remove the original bushing on the vivid and replace it to the old one.

Anyways, the spring seems to fit nicely for me(198lbs) from what i can tell. But havnt got a 100%sag measure as i would need an extra set of hands. Only tested on parking lot so far and eye(finger) measure.

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 11:55 Quote
emponix wrote:
coney wrote:
emponix wrote:

Yes, I clean the drivetrain after the ride. Most of the time I lube the chain the next day, depends on how late I come home after riding. I always let the bike dry in the wind before taking it back inside. Maybe I just have to keep a small bottle of lube with me on long days. I can't stand the feeling and sound of a dried up chain.

How long is "long"? I degrease and lube mine with squirt lubes and ride for 100kms or so before changing over multiple days; like 5 rides. I reckon just let the chain build up a bit of shit in it dude...or buy a better lube. Squirt has been awesome.

About 70km with near constant pedalling. I do exactly as instructed too, lube it real good, let it sit for 3-4 hours and then wipe off the excess with a towel. It feels great at first but after a few hours on the bike it just dries up. I'm gonna try the wet version first then we'll see.

A well lubed chain should be lasting a lot longer, how well do you clean your chain before lubing?
Have you tried dipping in wax?

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 17:05 Quote
danielmessem wrote:
emponix wrote:
coney wrote:

How long is "long"? I degrease and lube mine with squirt lubes and ride for 100kms or so before changing over multiple days; like 5 rides. I reckon just let the chain build up a bit of shit in it dude...or buy a better lube. Squirt has been awesome.

About 70km with near constant pedalling. I do exactly as instructed too, lube it real good, let it sit for 3-4 hours and then wipe off the excess with a towel. It feels great at first but after a few hours on the bike it just dries up. I'm gonna try the wet version first then we'll see.

A well lubed chain should be lasting a lot longer, how well do you clean your chain before lubing?
Have you tried dipping in wax?

Chain always look like new after cleaning. No I haven't but the wet lube seems to work better for longer days. I applied it on my roadbike also.

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 9:22 Quote
Hey guys I just finished an edit from a recent trip to Bali, I took my Reign with me and joined 2 days riding some pretty nice trails there, not the most hardcore tracks but a lot of fun and a nice way to explore.

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 6:46 Quote
Got the 170mm OneUp dropper a couple weeks ago and finally got to fitting it this past weekend. Fit's in completely slammed if you want, on my Large Reign 2. So much better than that stock 100mm Giant dropper!

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 8:57 Quote
bigboyroy007 wrote:
Got the 170mm OneUp dropper a couple weeks ago and finally got to fitting it this past weekend. Fit's in completely slammed if you want, on my Large Reign 2. So much better than that stock 100mm Giant dropper!

2018 reign? even my 150mm post wont fit slammed wondering if the oneup would be shorter

Posted: May 30, 2018 at 9:38 Quote
bigboyroy007 wrote:

Which year model is your frame?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015892
Mobile Version of Website