2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 10:21 Quote
ka81 wrote:
According to my little problem with size M I'm considering about bying frame L.
The only frame I like the view is Advanced 1 2016.
Here we got some lot in US - https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2314471
Seller don't mind to sell only frame.
What do you think about that specifically bike? How much should the frame worth?

Thanx
I'm on that frame. No problems. Mostly ridden at 90kg, all rocky downhill.

Lower shock mount pivot bearings needed regreasing a couple of times, replacing at 2 1/2 years. Replaced bottom bracket at 1 1/2 years. Maybe ask for a close up shot of lower shock mount make sure cracks aren't catastrophic. (They all seem to have small cracks in paint there which seems a non-issue). Paint chips fairly easily from normal use, ignore chips.

I agree on the sizing. I'm 177cm, did some experimenting with back to back laps at Whistler swapping between M and L.
L was much more planted and intuitive. Climbing significantly more comfortable too.

Honestly, the '16 Advanced 1 is my favorite bike of all time. Cockpit setup to your preferred reach and voila, the perfect bike.

The color scheme's beautiful in person, very 70's sports car. Highlight it with some chrome parts ????

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 1:30 Quote
Hi guys,

I know this is a fairly common topic in here, I have looked back through this thread to find info but came across lot of conflicting stuff

The Cane Creek DBair IL... I’m considering buying one for my 2016 reign 2 as it’s on sale on CRC right now for a pretty good price (£220), however, reading through here I’ve seen mixed opionions in performance/reliability, as well as some people saying that the IL doesn’t work well with the reigns linkage design

If anyone has some experience/knowledge of this shock on the reign, please could sum up your experience and help me make a decision on whether or not to upgrade!

Thanks all,
George

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 4:57 Quote
GeorgeAlbery wrote:
Hi guys,

I know this is a fairly common topic in here, I have looked back through this thread to find info but came across lot of conflicting stuff

The Cane Creek DBair IL... I’m considering buying one for my 2016 reign 2 as it’s on sale on CRC right now for a pretty good price (£220), however, reading through here I’ve seen mixed opionions in performance/reliability, as well as some people saying that the IL doesn’t work well with the reigns linkage design

If anyone has some experience/knowledge of this shock on the reign, please could sum up your experience and help me make a decision on whether or not to upgrade!

Thanks all,
George

Just don't.

Coil inline, yeah. Go bananas. But the air... No thanks. It doesn't seem to like high leverage rate frames, which the giant is.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 6:07 Quote
I blew up my DB IL in like 2 weeks, twice. I don't even know if I would go with IL coil, I would just go with regular DB coil.

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 8:51 Quote
Same question, but Fox X2.

I have the Monarch on the bike now, which is an awesome performing shock ime, but I recently demo'd a Hightower LT with an X2 and the pedalling platform is stronger on the X2 than the Monarch. I do some painfully steep climbing, and wouldn't mind a firmer platform to assist in my slug riding a turtle climbing style.

Monarch vs X2 for climbing, overall?

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 10:26 Quote
Mrbeau wrote:
Same question, but Fox X2.

I have the Monarch on the bike now, which is an awesome performing shock ime, but I recently demo'd a Hightower LT with an X2 and the pedalling platform is stronger on the X2 than the Monarch. I do some painfully steep climbing, and wouldn't mind a firmer platform to assist in my slug riding a turtle climbing style.

Monarch vs X2 for climbing, overall?
Which monarch?

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 18:09 Quote
Ah. RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 1:05 Quote
Mrbeau wrote:

ERGH.

That deboner air can. Since switching to the normal volume air can it's been FAR better.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 5:35 Quote
cptmayhem wrote:
Mrbeau wrote:

ERGH.

That deboner air can. Since switching to the normal volume air can it's been FAR better.

What did you find better about the normal air can? I have a monarch debonair without the piggyback.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 6:46 Quote
Hi does anyone know how much should I torque the seatpost on a carbon frame. Thanks

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 9:18 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
Hi does anyone know how much should I torque the seatpost on a carbon frame. Thanks
Small cracks appear - that's enough.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 11:50 Quote
Reignrob wrote:

just goggle it bro. or by "feel"

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 11:52 Quote
celedonio wrote:
Reignrob wrote:

I have tried Google but couldn't find anything. Am just a little paranoid as I have never had a carbon frame.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 13:37 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
celedonio wrote:
Reignrob wrote:

I have tried Google but couldn't find anything. Am just a little paranoid as I have never had a carbon frame.
Think it's written on the clamp?

5nm though - evenly.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017185
Mobile Version of Website