2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 14:18 Quote
Hey guys! Totally stoked this summer that I managed to make it to Whistler even after a broken wrist this summer Smile I made a little edit of my trip, still riding my 2017 Giant Reign 1.5 Ltd and loving it, i'm tempted to get the new 2019 model but spent too much for my Whistler trip Smile Big Grin

Headed there with some guys I recently met from Munich and did a little bit of trials too Big Grin

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 11:33 Quote
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/int/reign-27dot5-2-ltd-2016

Can somebody, please, tell:
Reign 2 2016
Rear triangle
Is it fully same size for M and L?
Only front triangles are different or ..?

The point is - can I swap front triangle from M to L but leave all other parts (rear triangle, linkages,..)?

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 0:20 Quote
ka81 wrote:
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/int/reign-27dot5-2-ltd-2016

Can somebody, please, tell:
Reign 2 2016
Rear triangle
Is it fully same size for M and L?
Only front triangles are different or ..?

The point is - can I swap front triangle from M to L but leave all other parts (rear triangle, linkages,..)?

yes. Exactly the same across the size curve. Just the 2018 version that's different due to the updated design.

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 6:21 Quote
So after a few recent upgrades I thought I might weigh my Reign to see the damage, what a porker 34.6lbs!! The code R brakes, pro4 & ex511 aren’t light, and neither is the one up 150mm dropper as far as I’m aware. Even so, can’t see me changing anything for a while now!
Giant Reign 2 2017 with a few upgrades
Giant Reign 2 2017 with a few upgrades
Giant reign 2

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
Looks solid, only thing I would change is get a better shock lol. The monarch is pretty bad compared to others on the market.

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 18:01 Quote
False wrote:
Looks solid, only thing I would change is get a better shock lol. The monarch is pretty bad compared to others on the market.

Cheers man! Shock is on my radar. Was thinking of maybe a vivid air. Not convinced on coil as I run a fair few volume spacers at the moment as I like it to ramp up a lot.

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 18:59 Quote
Had some 27.5 parts laying around earlier this summer, so picked this frame up used. Just need to get a 30.9 dropper...doing it old school for now.
photo

photo

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 19:21 Quote
how well does that zee work with that 42t? or is it 36?

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 19:38 Quote
11-36 Zee with OneUp Radr cage and OneUp 42t cog. Works great, not sure how it would be with a shorter stock cage and 42. Likely not great.

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 22:49 Quote
hstenner1 wrote:
False wrote:

Cheers man! Shock is on my radar. Was thinking of maybe a vivid air. Not convinced on coil as I run a fair few volume spacers at the moment as I like it to ramp up a lot.

I'm thinking something similar with the wheels. what width tyre you running?? was thinking of running 2.6 front and rear if I can fit it.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 0:07 Quote
Why doesn't giant supply the British market with reign advanced frameset???

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 0:09 Quote
ALSORAN wrote:
You'd have to ask the bean counters.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 0:37 Quote
ALSORAN wrote:

You'd be better served to ask why the local UK Distro doesn't bring the advanced frameset in as part of their stock orders. Every country requests different items. For example, we in South Africa only get the Reign Advanced 1 and the Reign 2, then the Advanced frameset. Anything else is a special order.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 3:19 Quote
cunniff81 wrote:
hstenner1 wrote:
False wrote:

I'm thinking something similar with the wheels. what width tyre you running?? was thinking of running 2.6 front and rear if I can fit it.

2.5” WT front and 2.4” WT in the rear. Plenty of room for wider still but I’ve heard that the casings are usually thinner on 2.6”+ tires which doesn’t suit my riding

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 4:11 Quote
cunniff81 wrote:
hstenner1 wrote:
False wrote:

I'm running a 2.6 slaughter grid in the rear, and it's got laods of room. May be able to fit a 2.6 butcher / minion etc. I'd just test first, to be honest, but the Maxxis & Spaz tyres tend to run narrower than their measurements suggest.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016889
Mobile Version of Website