2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 10:44 Quote
Fox DPX2 on older model ('16) Reign? I want that climbing lock-out, and my Monarch leaks besides.

Going to pick this up as soon as I get all the info sorted. Anyone with experience to share?

I'm going to give Fox a call and see how it works with specific tunes. Apparently aftermarket shocks come with 'digressive-medium’ tune, perhaps for the Reign I'd need a ‘linear-medium’ tune, but have no idea. Mounting hardware will need to be sorted as well I suppose.

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 12:38 Quote
Mrbeau wrote:
Fox DPX2 on older model ('16) Reign? I want that climbing lock-out, and my Monarch leaks besides.

Going to pick this up as soon as I get all the info sorted. Anyone with experience to share?

I'm going to give Fox a call and see how it works with specific tunes. Apparently aftermarket shocks come with 'digressive-medium’ tune, perhaps for the Reign I'd need a ‘linear-medium’ tune, but have no idea. Mounting hardware will need to be sorted as well I suppose.
When I ordered mine they asked what bike it was for and sent the appropriate tune. They also included the mounting hardware.

Opps I got the x2 not the dpx2

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 1:32 Quote
Mrbeau wrote:

I think you will be good with the stock tune, since you can play with progression via volume spacers. Things get more complicated when you trying to fit coil shock on Reign.

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 1:51 Quote
Im thinking of stripping and getting my frame powder coated. Has anyone done this and encounted any problems? I'm thinking the rubber frame protector on the down tube could be a problem removing and reattaching it?? Thanks

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 5:32 Quote
[Quote="tompa09"]Im thinking of stripping and getting my frame powder coated. Has anyone done this and encounted any problems? I'm thinking the rubber frame protector on the down tube could be a problem removing and reattaching it?? Thanks[/Quote

My then 2011 Trek Slash 26
Professionally stripped the paint and powder coated
Turned out so good a number of bikers went to the same shop here in So California

Never chipped

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 5:32 Quote
tompa09 wrote:
Im thinking of stripping and getting my frame powder coated. Has anyone done this and encounted any problems? I'm thinking the rubber frame protector on the down tube could be a problem removing and reattaching it?? Thanks

get it wrapped, save warranty hassle if needed. many warranties have been denied from strip/repaint jobs

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 7:31 Quote
Looking for 2016 Giant reign decals. Any recommendations??

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 10:24 Quote
mfoga wrote:
Mrbeau wrote:

When I ordered mine they asked what bike it was for and sent the appropriate tune. They also included the mounting hardware.

Opps I got the x2 not the dpx2

Perfect, thanks. "They" being Fox?

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 21:37 Quote
Anyone know if the reign adavanced 1 3015 comes tubeless

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
darcyoh wrote:

I will let you know in 996 years Big Grin

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
darcyoh wrote:

In 3015 I reckon wheels will be hovering orbs of light under our frames!
Typically no,you'll need to tape them up and put the valve core in. The wheels themselves run tubeless with no problem.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
New wheels, stoked on this bike

Reign

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
chriswells wrote:
New wheels, stoked on this bike

Reign
Nice! I didn’t know chromag was selling complete wheel sets to the aftermarket. They look awesome.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 15:47 Quote
What tires are you running?

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
Mrbeau wrote:
What tires are you running?

Specialized Eliminator and Butcher GRID 2.6

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043155
Mobile Version of Website