2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 15:32 Quote
Shock size question. 2016 reign advanced 1. wondering what size the rear shock is. i just saw a reference you can get a bit more travel with a different shock? what are my options? not a fan of the debonair.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 2:30 Quote
izakaman wrote:
Shock size question. 2016 reign advanced 1. wondering what size the rear shock is. i just saw a reference you can get a bit more travel with a different shock? what are my options? not a fan of the debonair.

200x57. That's it. You can't extract more travel out of the design, as that's the longest 200mm e2e shock you can get.

The Debonair was crap for me, so I changed the air can to the standard volume air can. That made a HUGE difference to the ride. More support, poppier, and more small bump compliance due to the lower pressure in the can (went from 310psi to 210psi)

Otherwise, the X2 works, as does a coil. Just get the right coil for your kitted weight.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
chriswells wrote:
New wheels, stoked on this bike

Reign
Nice! I didn’t know chromag was selling complete wheel sets to the aftermarket. They look awesome.

They're the Phase30 rims built on Hope Pro4 hubs. The Chromag hubs are only available on wheelsets on their complete builds as far as I know

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
thanks for the response

was looking at the rocksox website. they have a standard can and high volume can as well as the debonair i currently have. im looking for poppier, did you do it yourself?

cptmayhem wrote:
izakaman wrote:

200x57. That's it. You can't extract more travel out of the design, as that's the longest 200mm e2e shock you can get.

The Debonair was crap for me, so I changed the air can to the standard volume air can. That made a HUGE difference to the ride. More support, poppier, and more small bump compliance due to the lower pressure in the can (went from 310psi to 210psi)

Otherwise, the X2 works, as does a coil. Just get the right coil for your kitted weight.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 4:17 Quote
izakaman wrote:
thanks for the response

was looking at the rocksox website. they have a standard can and high volume can as well as the debonair i currently have. im looking for poppier, did you do it yourself?

Yeah, I did. It's a simple case of removing the one air can (debonair) and fit the standard volume air can in its place. It's kept in place by 2 o-rings, and you can slide it off once you've removed the shock from the bottom frame mount.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 20:57 Quote
Hey Everyone!
Loved the forum and have owned my Reign for almost 2 years now. Absolutely love it!
I brought it 2nd hand and the stem height had been cut down... coming off a 29er i do still prefer a slightly higher front end.
Just wondering if anyone has played around with stack height and would recommend putting a 38mm riser bar. unsure what rise my renthals are but id say 20mm. height is all very custom but any thoughts would be appreciated Smile
Cheers!

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
joshmason wrote:
Hey Everyone!
Loved the forum and have owned my Reign for almost 2 years now. Absolutely love it!
I brought it 2nd hand and the stem height had been cut down... coming off a 29er i do still prefer a slightly higher front end.
Just wondering if anyone has played around with stack height and would recommend putting a 38mm riser bar. unsure what rise my renthals are but id say 20mm. height is all very custom but any thoughts would be appreciated Smile
Cheers!

would 100% go for the risers, that front end is super low and its the easiest way to raise the front end. I have like 3 spacers under my stem and a 30 mm rise bar and it feels gd

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 22:46 Quote
Another +1 for the riser bars. Running 50mm rise Spank Spikes and they're most excellent.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 1:49 Quote
Got 20mm bars on mine but a whack of spacers under the stem so would defo go for higher rise bars. Super short headtube on the reign.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
Ah sweet!, cheers for that guys!. Renthal now do 40mm riser and in black for extra stealth! or Deity in blue/black. hmmm. haha

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
Just thought I would share the build for 2019

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 23:35 Quote
Geoff-Smith wrote:
Swap red to green = win)

How do you find Jade?

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
Just picked this 2019 Reign 2 up on Friday. Pretty stoked except for the down-shift paddle is a new design and is longer than past ones so it gets in the way of my thumb. Looks like I'll need to buy a separate clamp so I can move it further down the bar...or replace the shifter to an older style one...or keep this as is and trim the corner of the shifter paddle.

Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks.
2019 GIANT REIGN 2.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
sayrius wrote:
Geoff-Smith wrote:
Swap red to green = win)

How do you find Jade?
Yeah I plan on swapping the red to either black or green. Haven't even tried the shock yet. Just put it on yesterday. Wont ride it till spring due to the 3 feet of snow the mtns just got.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
A-2WD wrote:
Just picked this 2019 Reign 2 up on Friday. Pretty stoked except for the down-shift paddle is a new design and is longer than past ones so it gets in the way of my thumb. Looks like I'll need to buy a separate clamp so I can move it further down the bar...or replace the shifter to an older style one...or keep this as is and trim the corner of the shifter paddle.

Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks.
2019 GIANT REIGN 2.

also intereted in how to deal w the shifter clamp.. I just got some see brakes which are i spec b not i spec 2.. not sure if i need a clamp or i can get an adapter for the shifter?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027219
Mobile Version of Website