2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 23:17 Quote
A-2WD wrote:
Just picked this 2019 Reign 2 up on Friday. Pretty stoked except for the down-shift paddle is a new design and is longer than past ones so it gets in the way of my thumb. Looks like I'll need to buy a separate clamp so I can move it further down the bar...or replace the shifter to an older style one...or keep this as is and trim the corner of the shifter paddle.

Any ideas/suggestions/thoughts?

You can change it for oneup with i-spec-II.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 4:37 Quote
sayrius wrote:
A-2WD wrote:
Just picked this 2019 Reign 2 up on Friday. Pretty stoked except for the down-shift paddle is a new design and is longer than past ones so it gets in the way of my thumb. Looks like I'll need to buy a separate clamp so I can move it further down the bar...or replace the shifter to an older style one...or keep this as is and trim the corner of the shifter paddle.

Thanks, I know they have an adapter for the dropper, but I need it for the shifter. Do they have one and I'm totally missing it?

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
A-2WD wrote:
sayrius wrote:
A-2WD wrote:

Thanks, I know they have an adapter for the dropper, but I need it for the shifter. Do they have one and I'm totally missing it?
Oneup paddle has two mounting positions, so I guess I could choose the one that suits.

Posted: Jan 27, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
Hi there does anyone know the size of the rear shock on a giant reign 2 2018

Could I fit a 205x65 trunnion shock on it... Will it mess up the geometry thanks

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2019 at 21:40 Quote
risf wrote:
Hi there does anyone know the size of the rear shock on a giant reign 2 2018

Could I fit a 205x65 trunnion shock on it... Will it mess up the geometry thanks
that shock will fit perfectly, and will offer a tiny bit more travel without affecting the geometry (65mm,stroke vs 62.5mm stroke stock)

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
photo

Current set up - 2018 Giant reign 2, upgrades - fox 36 rc2, fox dpx2, renthal fatbars 30mm rise, specialized saddle and zee brakes. Havent tried them zees yet but the deores were starting to get a bit underpowered for steeps, they dont perform too well when they heat up. This bike is a monster, ride it exactly like my dh bike. flies through chunder jumps well. fork was definitely the best upgrade for me, completely transformed how the bike rides. Back wheel is starting to go, will definitely done after the park opens up. any ideas on a decent cheapish wheelset? looking at stans flow mk3s

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
aceface17 wrote:
photo

Current set up - 2018 Giant reign 2, upgrades - fox 36 rc2, fox dpx2, renthal fatbars 30mm rise, specialized saddle and zee brakes. Havent tried them zees yet but the deores were starting to get a bit underpowered for steeps, they dont perform too well when they heat up. This bike is a monster, ride it exactly like my dh bike. flies through chunder jumps well. fork was definitely the best upgrade for me, completely transformed how the bike rides. Back wheel is starting to go, will definitely done after the park opens up. any ideas on a decent cheapish wheelset? looking at stans flow mk3s

If riding bikepark alot I recommend dtswiss ex471 or ex511 (depends whether you want 25mm internal width or 30mm). Great price and super durable. Stans flow turn into squares.

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
aceface17 wrote:
photo

If riding bikepark alot I recommend dtswiss ex471 or ex511 (depends whether you want 25mm internal width or 30mm). Great price and super durable. Stans flow turn into squares.

yeah i used to run the 471 on my dh bike, great rim found it super strong. Could take a look. Thanks!

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 17:12 Quote
Be interested in your take on the DPX2. Likely buying one for my '16.

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 18:39 Quote
Mrbeau wrote:
Be interested in your take on the DPX2. Likely buying one for my '16.

Always been a huge fox fan, next level over the deluxe in terms of grip and general composure. Just cant unsettle it. I know it sounds cliche but its just how it feels. I legit hop into nasty rocks just to try make it feel weird but it soaks up everything. its at about 220 psi rn and it feels mint

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 6:10 Quote
aceface17 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
aceface17 wrote:
photo

yeah i used to run the 471 on my dh bike, great rim found it super strong. Could take a look. Thanks!
I'm running Stans Flow Mk3's on my bike right now, and I can tell you they are amazing. I am not a small dude (6 foot 5 200lbs), and a consistently ride very aggressive. I have had multiple situations where I thought for sure I had exploded my rear wheel, but it continues to be strong and true. They are also pretty light weight, so if you want to still go trail riding/XC, the flows allow you todo that.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
Geoff-Smith wrote:
aceface17 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

I'm running Stans Flow Mk3's on my bike right now, and I can tell you they are amazing. I am not a small dude (6 foot 5 200lbs), and a consistently ride very aggressive. I have had multiple situations where I thought for sure I had exploded my rear wheel, but it continues to be strong and true. They are also pretty light weight, so if you want to still go trail riding/XC, the flows allow you todo that.

Well maybe it's your terrain, but where I'm from, aggressive 140-160 lb guys can't get stans flow to last longer than a season. However dt swiss's options seem to be bomb proof. Not all that heavy either. I did a 53 km trail ride last weekend with my ex 511 equipped remedy, there was even some xc.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
I have a set of Flow S1s and they seem very nice. In my experience you just need to keep an eye on the tension for the first few rides.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
Riding aggressive doesn’t equate hard on equipment. I have a friend who rides more aggressively now and rarely destroys wheels but years ago he would nuke Azonic Outlaws left and right. You can ride very aggressively and heavy and be hard on equipment or ride very aggressively but ride lightly and much easier on equipment.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
mfoga wrote:
Riding aggressive doesn’t equate hard on equipment. I have a friend who rides more aggressively now and rarely destroys wheels but years ago he would nuke Azonic Outlaws left and right. You can ride very aggressively and heavy and be hard on equipment or ride very aggressively but ride lightly and much easier on equipment.
Totally agree. All about rider skill and line choice. I'm sure I could blow up any wheel in a day if I wanted too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023711
Mobile Version of Website