2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
jimbo121 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Totally agree it depends on how hard they’ve been ridden. I know of a few of the earlier models seemed to crack frames for some reason.
Anecdotal evidence, so it's useless of course, but I ride with an aggressive & fast 220lb rider who just sold his original-owner 2011 Reign, frame was still solid.

There are a few known models from a few brands that have had bad years with a lot of failures. The Reign has never been one of those bikes as far as I've ever heard.

Even the clapped out Reigns from Whistler's old rental fleet were still serviceable.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
IvanCL wrote:
Hi, I wanted to present myself, my bike and report about the Vivid r2c coil on the reign.

mounting the shock (200x57) is pretty straightforward, you only have to turn the shock axle to get the lower rebound dial facing rearwards. If you're already dismountig the shock I recommend to flip the lower shock axle so you don't have to dismount the cranks everytime you want to take your shock out (not my idea, I read about it somewhere).

Is there a specific method to turning the shock axle? or do you use clamp the shock and give it a twist?

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
stteephena wrote:
IvanCL wrote:
Hi, I wanted to present myself, my bike and report about the Vivid r2c coil on the reign.

mounting the shock (200x57) is pretty straightforward, you only have to turn the shock axle to get the lower rebound dial facing rearwards. If you're already dismountig the shock I recommend to flip the lower shock axle so you don't have to dismount the cranks everytime you want to take your shock out (not my idea, I read about it somewhere).

Is there a specific method to turning the shock axle? or do you use clamp the shock and give it a twist?
I think you're misunderstanding. Flip the mounting hardware on the bike, so the bolt comes out non-driveside.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
stteephena wrote:
IvanCL wrote:

I think you're misunderstanding. Flip the mounting hardware on the bike, so the bolt comes out non-driveside.

I was referring to turning the shock axle so that the lower rebound dial is facing rearwards, sorry for the confusion.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 5:41 Quote
Hi, can somebody tell me how to unscrew the middle rocker link bolt,? when i unscrew the left silver one the right black one just spins

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 6:10 Quote
Just use a second allenkey to hold it in place.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 6:10 Quote
oraic wrote:
Hi, can somebody tell me how to unscrew the middle rocker link bolt,? when i unscrew the left silver one the right black one just spins

Try holding an allen key in the black one as you turn the silver side

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
i had a similar problem. I couldnt unscrew this one, almost rounded the hex bold.
Lay the bike on the side, spray alot of wd40 inside of the black bolt, let it work overnight.... i did it like that and it worked.

oraic wrote:

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 13:13 Quote
[Quote="TheDude88"]i had a similar problem. I couldnt unscrew this one, almost rounded the hex bold.
Lay the bike on the side, spray alot of wd40 inside of the black bolt, let it work overnight.... i did it like that and it worked.

thx, il try the wd40, i'm close to rounding the hex bolt on both sides Dead Horse
holding an allen key in the black one and turning the silver side is not working

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
Could also try using a heat gun if you have one available to you

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 2:41 Quote
Anyone with Reign (2016-2017) size L - what's the weight? +/-

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 5:18 Quote
jasminov wrote:

how longs a piece of string?

Carbon or Alu?

what componentry etc?

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
that's the question to ones who will post their bike's weight.

+/-, I don't need some super precise data )

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 14:13 Quote

Always loved my reign but with this shock on it. WOW

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
jasminov wrote:
I have a sneaking suspicion you may have something really light built up...?

My '16 Advanced 1 has been as low as 30, right now it's 33 flat if I recall (will verify later). Currently has a few pretty heavy components like Lyrik, Mallets, X1 cranks, 1.5 ply tires.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031479
Mobile Version of Website