2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 3:48 Quote
Vuco wrote:
From the measurements on One Up's site, V2 should be a bit longer for the same drop. Except the actuator, which on the V2 looks like quite shorter.
But still, can't trick the picture. Good to know...

The v1 170mm total length incl actuator is 482mm
The v2 180mm total length incl actuator is 480mm

v2 has a smaller collar, seat post head (clamp) stack height and actuator. Actuator itself is 17mm shorter on the v2, and the stack height (from bottom of collar to rails) is 4mm shorter on the v2.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
cptmayhem wrote:
Vuco wrote:
From the measurements on One Up's site, V2 should be a bit longer for the same drop. Except the actuator, which on the V2 looks like quite shorter.

v2 has a smaller collar, seat post head (clamp) stack height and actuator. Actuator itself is 17mm shorter on the v2, and the stack height (from bottom of collar to rails) is 4mm shorter on the v2.
Perfect post dude! Pimp

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 5:02 Quote
cptmayhem wrote:
Vuco wrote:

Nice! Does V2 version has the same hose movement while actuating as the previous one?

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 9:23 Quote
sayrius wrote:
cptmayhem wrote:
Vuco wrote:

Nice! Does V2 version has the same hose movement while actuating as the previous one?

No idea whatsoever. I just looked for the measurements for my own curiosity. Beer

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 14:39 Quote
sayrius wrote:
cptmayhem wrote:
Vuco wrote:

Yes

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
Hi All,

Does anyone have a 2018 reign with the standard coil shock? I've got a problem mine and wondering if anyone has the same issue.

Mine is a 2018 Reign advanced, with a Super Deluxe coil RT, meaning only rebound is tuneable. I've been finding that the ramp up on the shock is way too much, yet presumably I have the correct spring as I have the correct sag. I've sent it off to have the compression lowered by TF Tuned. Got the shock back today, and it's got the same problem, the ramp up is too much. I'm going to contact them on Monday, but just wondering has anyone got the same problem?

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
I think it’s just the suspension curve, it’s very progressive. How much do you weigh? What # spring and sag?

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
jeremyk wrote:
Hi All,

Does anyone have a 2018 reign with the standard coil shock? I've got a problem mine and wondering if anyone has the same issue.

Mine is a 2018 Reign advanced, with a Super Deluxe coil RT, meaning only rebound is tuneable. I've been finding that the ramp up on the shock is way too much, yet presumably I have the correct spring as I have the correct sag. I've sent it off to have the compression lowered by TF Tuned. Got the shock back today, and it's got the same problem, the ramp up is too much. I'm going to contact them on Monday, but just wondering has anyone got the same problem?

It might be worth trying a lighter spring if you can. I had a similar issue setting up a vivid coil on a 2016 reign, where I got very similar sag readings with 3 different coils (450, 500 and 550). The eye to eye measurement (done carefully by someone else) was basically identical. However the latter part of the travel felt completely different with each, bottoming out on the 450 and way too much ramp up on the 550 (and also bucking on steep jumps).

I don't know how different the 2018 frame is, but that may be the easiest / cheapest thing to try next if you can get hold of one. I was able to resell the ones I didn't keep on here/ eBay without losing much

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 2:25 Quote
Can any body help out on here. Snapped a spoke on my 2017 trx1 rear wheel non driveside. Does anybody know the spoke length can't find info anywhere.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 3:17 Quote
murrdogg wrote:
I think it’s just the suspension curve, it’s very progressive. How much do you weigh? What # spring and sag?

Thanks Both

I'm 91kg kitted, on a 450 spring this gives me 30% sag.

I guess as Mc2 says I could try a lighter spring, but I'm worried that will compromise sag as I don't want to go more than 30%.

TF have told me that the compression tune was already light, so that's a bit worrying as the ramp up is so severe the whole bike feels horrible

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
Im about 93kg and use a 425# coil.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
murrdogg wrote:
Im about 93kg and use a 425# coil.

Are you on a 2018 onwards reign? If so curious to know what shock you're running.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of inherent ramp up on the super deluxe coil

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
Just bought a 2019 Reign Advance 1. Love it!! Coming off a 2014 Devinci Dixon carbon, and immediately felt comfortable on the Reign. The DVO suspension is amazing. The only negative I would have is that the Diamond 1 fork is de-tuned without the OTT adjustment ($300 upgrade I am told from DVO, so might be a little cheaper in a year when I have to do full service). I am totally blow away with how well it climbs for a 170/160 travel bike. And amazed at the durability of the 28 hole wheels!! I'm 215 lbs and after 10 rides in the Canadian Rockies they are still true. Still might swap them out for Stan's this winter.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 4:01 Quote
I'm 90 kg kitted and I settled on a 500 on a 2016 reign. Looking at the 2018, I think the spring rate will be a fair bit lighter because the shock stroke is longer (65mm vs 57 on the old reign). When I put my numbers into tf tuned spring calculator and just changed the shock stroke it looks like 400 would be about right on a 2018. but id talk with tf tuned as well, especially if they've revalved the shock

What I found was that the sag was almost identical with all 3 coils I tried, possibly because it's so plush in the first part of the stroke (So you can get a high sag %, even if you're a bit oversprung). so you may not go over 30% even with a slightly lighter spring on there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011882
Mobile Version of Website