2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Author Message
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
About the only change from 2016 onwards that I think is "worth having" is the change to the leverage ratio so the coil shock works better.

Giants value for money has been going down hill badly in the specs department and price increase since 2016......the new 29'er even more so

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 4:46 Quote
what shock size is 2015 reign

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 23:44 Quote
jetmosseri123 wrote:
what shock size is 2015 reign
200x57 as far as I remeber

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 2:44 Quote
Yes 200 x57.

I know this because I'm selling my Rockshox Momarc RC3 off my now sold Reign Advanced 1.

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
Mattherby wrote:
Yes 200 x57.

I know this because I'm selling my Rockshox Momarc RC3 off my now sold Reign Advanced 1.
how?? How can anyone sell the most beautiful bike in the universe??!!!
)

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
Can't keep em forever!

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
Work in progress
Just had this arrive today - got a few changes lined up.

Waiting on some Onyx Vesper hubs to arrive, building those up to the TRX 0 29er rims, and replacing drive train with XT And I've popped a 180mm One Up dropper in there - slams no issues.
Also having to replace the stock spring, it's come with a 2.8x400 and it's far too soft.

Only been for an urban ride - but it manuals better than my DJer, has a remarkably wide balance point.
Got a week of riding booked in for next week, so I'll be able to give some insight vs the 2019 Reign 0.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
Hi,
Giant Reign 2 2016 L size with 180 OneUp dropper post V2 Smile


Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 2:41 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
Work in progress
Just had this arrive today - got a few changes lined up.

Waiting on some Onyx Vesper hubs to arrive, building those up to the TRX 0 29er rims, and replacing drive train with XT And I've popped a 180mm One Up dropper in there - slams no issues.
Also having to replace the stock spring, it's come with a 2.8x400 and it's far too soft.

Only been for an urban ride - but it manuals better than my DJer, has a remarkably wide balance point.
Got a week of riding booked in for next week, so I'll be able to give some insight vs the 2019 Reign 0.

Nice. Is there any space between tyre and seat tube when shock is fully compressed? Other words: will is accept the shock with 65 stroke? Previous gen Reign was ok to run slightly longer stroke (65 vs 62.5).

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
Is there anyone here riding the Maxxis Shorty in 2.5 Wide Trail in a Reign 2017 on 30mm rims? Looking for some info if this will fit and leave enough clearance in the rear triangle...Confused

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 14:39 Quote
twijg wrote:
Is there anyone here riding the Maxxis Shorty in 2.5 Wide Trail in a Reign 2017 on 30mm rims? Looking for some info if this will fit and leave enough clearance in the rear triangle...Confused
It will fit

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 22:54 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
twijg wrote:
Is there anyone here riding the Maxxis Shorty in 2.5 Wide Trail in a Reign 2017 on 30mm rims? Looking for some info if this will fit and leave enough clearance in the rear triangle...Confused
It will fit

Ok, thanks for the confirmation Smile

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
Have a 2019 giant reign 2.Has anyone put a 205x65 coil shock in place of the 205x62.5. Just wondering about clearance and cannot not find a for sure answer. Thanks

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 0:38 Quote
Rjs2k wrote:
Have a 2019 giant reign 2.Has anyone put a 205x65 coil shock in place of the 205x62.5. Just wondering about clearance and cannot not find a for sure answer. Thanks
It was discussed several times in Reign2018 thread. Yes, it will fit..

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 8:25 Quote
I’ve got 2018 Reign. About to change the shock to have an EXT Storia v3. Has anyone got one of these please on a Reign? If so what tune did you go for?


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012745
Mobile Version of Website