2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 9:08 Quote
I've got a v2 on my 2017. Can't say what tune I had as I visited geometron bikes where they set up and fitted it on the bike for me. They can also take you for a little spin and do some on the fly adjustments for you. When I visited Chris also set my forks up and made a minor bar adjustment which made the world of difference. If you can drive to them the service is amazing.
And the shock is pretty awesome also.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 2:42 Quote
Any suggestion to improve the pedaling on my reign 2 LTD 2016 ?
The climbs are very tiring compared to other bikes. I am looking for a little more dynamism.

A shock change (actually : monarch debonair R) ?
Wheelset uprade (actually : giant...) ?

Thank you all !!

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 3:59 Quote
madevilts wrote:
Any suggestion to improve the pedaling on my reign 2 LTD 2016 ?
The climbs are very tiring compared to other bikes. I am looking for a little more dynamism.

A shock change (actually : monarch debonair R) ?
Wheelset uprade (actually : giant...) ?

Thank you all !!

Try less sag ~25%. Slide your saddle all the way forward. Reign has too slack seat tube angle compared to other modern trail bikes. You might also try lowering your cockpit if you need to put more weight on the front.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 4:38 Quote
sayrius wrote:
Try less sag ~25%. Slide your saddle all the way forward. Reign has too slack seat tube angle compared to other modern trail bikes. You might also try lowering your cockpit if you need to put more weight on the front.
Thank you ! I already done this... except for the SAG because i'm 90kg and with 250psi (the maximum pour the monarch), I have 30% SAG. Maybe by adding a token?

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
Add ALL the tokens you can. Makes a significant difference. Also - check the max PSI again, the monarch plus is rated to 350PSI.

If tha tdoesn't work, try changing the air can to a standard volume air can. That drastically improved the pedalling characteristics of my 2015 reign, and then I went to a DB Coil which was even better.

The Monarch R isn't a really good shock, unfortunately. There aren't enough settings to dial it in properly, and IMO it's valved incorrectly for the reign, especially when it comes to us "clydesdales"

Even a normal RS Kage with the proper weight spring (550 for you) would be better than the Monarch R.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
cptmayhem wrote:
Add ALL the tokens you can. Makes a significant difference. Also - check the max PSI again, the monarch plus is rated to 350PSI.

If tha tdoesn't work, try changing the air can to a standard volume air can. That drastically improved the pedalling characteristics of my 2015 reign, and then I went to a DB Coil which was even better.

The Monarch R isn't a really good shock, unfortunately. There aren't enough settings to dial it in properly, and IMO it's valved incorrectly for the reign, especially when it comes to us "clydesdales"

Even a normal RS Kage with the proper weight spring (550 for you) would be better than the Monarch R.
I thought 250psi but it must be 350psi if it's the maximum. Wink
More token can help but with the actual number I never bottom out the shock.

Okay, Monarch R is shit. Pimp

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 5:39 Quote
ALSORAN wrote:
I've got a v2 on my 2017. Can't say what tune I had as I visited geometron bikes where they set up and fitted it on the bike for me. They can also take you for a little spin and do some on the fly adjustments for you. When I visited Chris also set my forks up and made a minor bar adjustment which made the world of difference. If you can drive to them the service is amazing.
And the shock is pretty awesome also.

Thank you, great to hear that you think the shock is awesome. Seems to get such great reviews, Plus as you say you can take it to Mojo rising who will tune it for you, and let you go back afterwards further tuning if you need it free of charge as I understand. These are the major factors in me going for the EXT Storia over the Fast Fenix which I was also considering

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
can anyone tell me what's the maximum seatpost insertion in a 2016 reign size M?

I am thinking about getting a OneUp v2 seat post, and I am not sure if a 150 or even a 170mm dropper could fit.

EDIT:
just saw
twijg wrote:
Has anyone tried fitting a One-Up Dropper V2 150mm into a Reign 2017 frame size Medium? Does it slam all the way down?
and the response below, so I can definitely forget the 170, but twijg, does it fit?

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 12:54 Quote
Haven't tried it yet, but I'm going for the 150 for sure (I'm 180 cm tall).

der-flex wrote:
can anyone tell me what's the maximum seatpost insertion in a 2016 reign size M?

I am thinking about getting a OneUp v2 seat post, and I am not sure if a 150 or even a 170mm dropper could fit.

EDIT:
just saw
twijg wrote:
Has anyone tried fitting a One-Up Dropper V2 150mm into a Reign 2017 frame size Medium? Does it slam all the way down?
and the response below, so I can definitely forget the 170, but twijg, does it fit?

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
Hi Everyone!

As a Reign 2 2019 owner I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me out.

I ordered a Fox DPX2 performance elite oem and i was wondering what kind of hardware I need to mount the shock to my frame. Currently its having the shock that came with the frame a Rockshox deluxe r.

Do i need new bushings etc. or can I snap the bolts bushing from my current set up

The Fox does come supplied with a fox plain bushing

Would be really thankfull for any advice

Cheers and all the best

Ernst

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 23:17 Quote
Has anyone had problems with crackings at the place where I pointed on pic (arrows) ?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1eBPBVdYBceUzZUOVo1SG9tY0k

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
No, but isnt that covered by warranty?

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
Maybe in some normal country...
(

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 17:54 Quote
jasminov wrote:
(
are you the original owner with store receipt in your name?

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
lifted-d wrote:
jasminov wrote:
(
are you the original owner with store receipt in your name?
Yes, I bought it 2 nov 2018. In warranty book there's - model, serial number, size, color, date of purchase, my surname, signature, seller surname and signature, stamp.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013351
Mobile Version of Website