2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 2:27 Quote
jasminov wrote:
Has anyone had problems with crackings at the place where I pointed on pic (arrows) ?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1eBPBVdYBceUzZUOVo1SG9tY0k

Yes, I have a few hairline crack at the same spot! Should be covered under warranty.

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 3:16 Quote
How did you manage this situation?

Posted: Sep 28, 2019 at 21:43 Quote
jasminov wrote:
How did you manage this situation?

I took it to the Giant dealer at Whistler and they said I can warranty for a new frame but I am going to wait until I head back to Toronto to file the warranty claim at my local Giant dealer. Yours should be covered too as long as you are the original owner.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 17:07 Quote
Anyone know which rear brake adaptor for 2016? I'm putting on a Magura mt-7 w/160mm rotor.

Is frame a rear I.S. 160mm mount?

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 18:01 Quote
50percentsure wrote:
Anyone know which rear brake adaptor for 2016? I'm putting on a Magura mt-7 w/160mm rotor.

Rear 160mm Post Mount

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 20:17 Quote
Trel wrote:
50percentsure wrote:

Rear 160mm Post Mount

Cheers!

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 3:32 Quote
Hi does anyone have a picture of a 150 one up dropper inserted into a 2015 medium frame? My reverb has just died on me and I am looking to replace but am concerned I won't be able to slam another post far enough down. Cheers

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
Hi does anyone have a picture of a 150 one up dropper inserted into a 2015 medium frame? My reverb has just died on me and I am looking to replace but am concerned I won't be able to slam another post far enough down. Cheers

I'd also be interested in this, my Reverb is on it's last chance, it's been such a pain. OneUp will be my replacement, but even though they say it has the shortest insert length, it is still longer than my Reverb.

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
Hello. Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade stock 2015 Reign 2 LTD rear hub (Giant Tracker) to Micro Spline? I'm assuming the freehub body is DT Swiss, but I'm not sure about that.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 22:34 Quote
MatejFox wrote:
Hello. Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade stock 2015 Reign 2 LTD rear hub (Giant Tracker) to Micro Spline? I'm assuming the freehub body is DT Swiss, but I'm not sure about that.
Nah the tracker hub on the Reign 2 is a re branded cheap Alex hub iirc, you can't put DT internals in them.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
MatejFox wrote:
Nah the tracker hub on the Reign 2 is a re branded cheap Alex hub iirc, you can't put DT internals in them.

It has Formula internals

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 4:56 Quote
Anyone know if I can put Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2,6" in the rear (giant reign 2017 frame)?
Will it rub during cornering or will it fit in general ?

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
vladi1295 wrote:
Anyone know if I can put Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2,6" in the rear (giant reign 2017 frame)?

I put a Maxxis Minion DHR 2,6" in a 35mm inner width rim in a Giant Reign 2016 and there is almost no space left, It should be less than half an inch of space. The wheel turns well but with a little mud already hits the frame

Schwalbe tires are known to be the true width, while the Maxxis are a bit narrower than they claim to be.

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 0:21 Quote
vladi1295 wrote:

Don't really recommend to put something greater than true 2.35/2.4 on rear. Especially in mud conditions.

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 6:26 Quote
sayrius wrote:
vladi1295 wrote:

Don't really recommend to put something greater than true 2.35/2.4 on rear. Especially in mud conditions.

Yeah I can see why. I will ride mostly in dry conditions and I was wondering if its going to rub on the sides, because I had this issue on my other bike - I ran 2.6" maxxis tires in the rear of my Vitus Dominer and it had lots of extra space between the tire and the top part of the frame but it rub somehow. I also know that Schwalbe tend to be more wider.
The other thing is that I will be using 30mm inner width rim so I guess it would not spread as much like other + size rims (I could be wrong though)

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009144
Mobile Version of Website