2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: May 18, 2020 at 20:27 Quote
lanham wrote:
ldna wrote:
jasminov wrote:
Has anyone had problems with crackings at the place where I pointed on pic (arrows) ?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1eBPBVdYBceUzZUOVo1SG9tY0k

Yes, I have a few hairline crack at the same spot! Should be covered under warranty.

photo

Did warranty cover this? if so was it part of the lifetime frame warranty? I have the same cracks on mine.

Yes, got a new frame under warranty but like 50percentsure said, got a boring matte black frame with neon green graphics. Just had to pay shipping. I built the bike myself, but the dealer will charge around $250 if you need them to transfer the parts over.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 23:53 Quote
ldna wrote:

Yes, got a new frame under warranty but like 50percentsure said, got a boring matte black frame with neon green graphics.
What model (year) is that? Link please.
If it's not same year (2016) than how was a conversation with dealer about compatibility of parts (trunion mount, rear axle,...) ?

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 5:17 Quote
jasminov wrote:
ldna wrote:

Yes, got a new frame under warranty but like 50percentsure said, got a boring matte black frame with neon green graphics.
If it's not same year (2016) than how was a conversation with dealer about compatibility of parts (trunion mount, rear axle,...) ?
It's the 2017 one. The 2017 was still a 142 rear, they went boost on the Reign in 2018.
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/reign-advanced-frameset-2017

If they run out of the frame size they need to fit your parts, they will either pay for the replacement parts (in your case a new rear wheel), or give you a new bike "of the same value" as the one you own (It's original MSRP)

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
Hi everyone

I have a 2018 Giant Reign Advanced in XL and am looking to get rid of the 150mm Giant dropper post to replace it with the One Up Components post V2.

Does anyone please know if the 200mm One Up V2 post will fully slam into the XL 2018 reign seat tube? I assume that the 180mm will fully slam ok, but I could be wrong so again if anyone knows that would be appreciated

Thank you

O+
Posted: May 19, 2020 at 8:07 Quote
jasminov wrote:
ldna wrote:

Here is mine.

2017 Giant Reign

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
Is the frame in the link Clarkeh posted. Is the same 2015-2017 reign frame, not the new design so all old parts will fit.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 3:24 Quote
lanham wrote:
jasminov wrote:
ldna wrote:

Here is mine.

2017 Giant Reign
I think it might happen due to bearings wear.This bearings in the lower shock eye suffer much more than the others, cuz water and mud normally stuck there. Broken lower link was the common issue in prev gen reign due to the same problem..

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 8:17 Quote
sayrius wrote:
I think it might happen due to bearings wear.
mine has fresh new bearings, smooth as butter, always.
And still, got a problem with tiny cracks there. (

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 11:52 Quote
sayrius wrote:
I think it might happen due to bearings wear.This bearings in the lower shock eye suffer much more than the others, cuz water and mud normally stuck there. Broken lower link was the common issue in prev gen reign due to the same problem..
Yup. When I pulled my frame bearings out they were all silky smooth and good as new, while the shock eyelet bearings were knackered and crunchy.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 16:44 Quote
50percentsure wrote:
sayrius wrote:
Yup. When I pulled my frame bearings out they were all silky smooth and good as new, while the shock eyelet bearings were knackered and crunchy.

Just tore mine apart, shock eyelet bearings crunchy.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 0:40 Quote
50percentsure wrote:
sayrius wrote:
That is why enduro maxx-style bearings make sense. They don't have inner separator and still able to rotate even with balls full covered with rust and mud.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 17:41 Quote
Hi Has anyone replaced the stock 17 reign advanced 200x57 Shock with newer Fox float x2 205x57.5 ?

Any issues with doing that?

Thanks in advance

O+
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
OsNZ wrote:
Hi Has anyone replaced the stock 17 reign advanced 200x57 Shock with newer Fox float x2 205x57.5 ?

Any issues with doing that?

Thanks in advance
205x57.5 is a trunnion mounted shock. It will not fit in your frame.

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
Hello guys, newbie here.
I need to replace chain, cassette and chainrings for a Reign 2016. I'm not sure what components are compatible. Could you help me? Cassette is 11-36 and chainrings are two, 36-22. Cranks (which I don't need to replace) are FCM677. There is a sticker on the chainring saying "HG X chain only".
I'm in Europe, will probably buy from bike-discount (unless you have a better suggestion).
There's too much choice and I don't really know what to buy.

Thank you

Posted: Jun 1, 2020 at 7:21 Quote
Nasopanic wrote:
Hello guys, newbie here.
I need to replace chain, cassette and chainrings for a Reign 2016. I'm not sure what components are compatible. Could you help me? Cassette is 11-36 and chainrings are two, 36-22. Cranks (which I don't need to replace) are FCM677. There is a sticker on the chainring saying "HG X chain only".
I'm in Europe, will probably buy from bike-discount (unless you have a better suggestion).
There's too much choice and I don't really know what to buy.

Thank you

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shimano-xt-cs-m771-10-speed-cassette-963855

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shimano-xt-chain-cn-hg95-10-speed-116-links-85857

22T - https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shimano-slx-deore-chainring-fc-m672-m622-m612-581024
36T - https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/shimano-deore-chainring-fc-m617-36t-ay-580847

But, you'd rather get rid of 2x, install NW 32T (104BCD), and buy https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/sunrace-mx3-10-speed-cassette-11-42-525615

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017740
Mobile Version of Website