2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 10:31 Quote
Got my new frame! Pretty nice warranty service by Giant!

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
lanham wrote:
warranty service
after what?

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 4:01 Quote
Not sure about the debonair. The first debonair seemed to do pretty good but the new one, if you see the curve (available online if you do your homework), it is worst than my solo air and I don't think I need more plushness. I run both spring and damping pretty firm, not Sam Hill firm, but firmer than most people I encounter.

What I'm trying to find out is what will I find if I take the time to open the charger damper. Has anyone here had failures or, for example, if not bleeding frequently, did you see any downside? Anything I should be looking at particularily? Like, for example, oh just watch out with this or that as it tends to fail on that fork.

Thanks again!

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 3:45 Quote
The suspension on my bike is just dead (says the mechanic). Which one do you suggest to replace it with? I'm 70kg and I'd say I have a very mellow riding style (just because I'm too old to do the proper stunts Big Grin ). I mostly ride easy trails, the ones that are marked blue on Trailforks. So no big jumps, but I do like the occasional rocky path in the mountains. And I always bike the way up, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 4:16 Quote
DVO Diamond !!!!

For shock - if you can - go Fox X2.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 5:10 Quote
Yes I meant the shock, sorry. Although given the state of the bike I'll prolly have to change the fork soon as well.

Also WOW are those price normal? 600? 800 euros? I'm not a pro, I ride for easy fun. Isn't that a bit overkill for a four-year-old bike whose current model is less than €3k?

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
Suntour TRIAIR 3CR is an excellent and cheap solution.
Similar to DVO Topaz Air which is 100e more.

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 14:58 Quote
jasminov wrote:
lanham wrote:
warranty service
after what?

Cracked frame, red Reign in an earlier post.

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 11:12 Quote
Nasopanic wrote:
The suspension on my bike is just dead (says the mechanic). Which one do you suggest to replace it with? I'm 70kg and I'd say I have a very mellow riding style (just because I'm too old to do the proper stunts Big Grin ). I mostly ride easy trails, the ones that are marked blue on Trailforks. So no big jumps, but I do like the occasional rocky path in the mountains. And I always bike the way up, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

Which bike do you have and which suspension are you going to drop?

In the end I just took the time to do a full charger service. A bit slower than normal being the first time but all good. I'm genuinely impressed of how intact is my fork inside, bushings, seals, sealheads, everything seems like if it wasn't used at all, when the bike has taken HUGE abuse and I'm not light or slow. I'm not a pro but definitely not slow, and terrain here is not smooth, it's rocky as f*ck. I guess Spanish weather (no rain) has all to do with it really.

Even I fully serviced the damper, IMO it only needed just a little bleed, oil was mint, everything looked mint inside. Maybe the glide ring on the rebound piston a bit worn, but a bit, other than that, the fork is gold.

I do have creaking coming from the fork since forever, not the headset, but I hear this is a Pike thing, so I just look the other way I guess. Do your Pikes creak too fellow Reign people?

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 at 20:20 Quote
Where can I buy a replacement OEM Dropout Kit w/ Hanger for my 2015 Giant Reign Advanced 0?

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 at 0:24 Quote
kmsafety wrote:
Where can I buy a replacement OEM Dropout Kit w/ Hanger for my 2015 Giant Reign Advanced 0?

https://www.amaincycling.com/giant-201517-reign-dropout-kit-w-hanger-27109/p522819

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 0:47 Quote
Hi all
How is the BB on a 2015 advanced looking by default, think I got the worst cable rub I ever seen but not sure if there is a track for the cable here also by design...

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 1:11 Quote
krax wrote:
Hi all
How is the BB on a 2015 advanced looking by default, think I got the worst cable rub I ever seen but not sure if there is a track for the cable here also by design...
not on the Aluminium frames there isn't don't know about the carbon ones but i doubt it

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 1:31 Quote
Ok, thanks. Guess I will fill it up with epoxy or something.

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
i would see if you can find a carbon frame repair guy....IF Giant wont do anything about it? (assuming your the original owner)

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009872
Mobile Version of Website