2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 1:50 Quote
MariusW wrote:
Haven`t read all the questions regarding putting a DVO Diamond into the reign, but I´m running a Diamond in my 2016 Reign with full 170mm travel and don´t have any issue at all.
No problem with climing here in the Alps and Downhill performance is just great compared to the previous Pike RC (but that´s my opinion)

photo
what Diam9nd exactly it is?
There are/were lot of versions. Could you please list all tge specs of your D8amond?
Thanx.

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 2:00 Quote
Diamond D1 - 27.5 with 44mm Offset (as the Pike had 46mm offset), Boost Standard and running it with full 170mm travel

https://dvosuspension.com/product/diamond-d1/

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 4:05 Quote
MariusW wrote:
Diamond D1 - 27.5 with 44mm Offset (as the Pike had 46mm offset), Boost Standard and running it with full 170mm travel

https://dvosuspension.com/product/diamond-d1/
ЕThank you very much!

1) have you tried lowering it to 160 mm travel? Just out of curiousity..

2) have you considered DVO Suspension Diamond D1 - 27.5+/29" Enduro Race Fork - 160mm - 44mm Offset - Tapered - 15x110mm Boost - black ( https://www.bike24.com/p2308252.html ) ?

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
1 no i have Not
2 Why should I, running mine and happy

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 6:20 Quote
Hey !
I wanna change the rear shock on my 2019 Reign 2 for a Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil. But, what is the tune needed for this bike ? Is M/M good ?
Can't find the information...

Thank you !

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
loris-brthlt wrote:
Hey !
I wanna change the rear shock on my 2019 Reign 2 for a Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil. But, what is the tune needed for this bike ? Is M/M good ?

Thank you !

The Rockshox super deluxe coil off my 2018 Giant Reign SX reads 205x62.5 ML 380. Hope that helps.

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 6:31 Quote
davidle03 wrote:
loris-brthlt wrote:
Hey !

Thank you !

The Rockshox super deluxe coil off my 2018 Giant Reign SX reads 205x62.5 ML 380. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot !

I don't know if it's mandatory to keep the same tune for a new rear shock..

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 14:09 Quote
I've been feeling quite a lot of bushing slop in my 2016 Pike RC, I think it is getting worse.

It is my understanding that bushings are not changed on these forks like in old forks right?

Has anyone here experienced something like it? What do you recommend? I am thinking of pulling the lowers (just did service like about 2 months ago), and get crazy with grease on the bushings and seals, but else I don't know what else can I try that could really fix this. Thicker oil is also an option.

Any advice is welcomed!

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 15:13 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
I've been feeling quite a lot of bushing slop in my 2016 Pike RC, I think it is getting worse.

It is my understanding that bushings are not changed on these forks like in old forks right?

Has anyone here experienced something like it? What do you recommend? I am thinking of pulling the lowers (just did service like about 2 months ago), and get crazy with grease on the bushings and seals, but else I don't know what else can I try that could really fix this. Thicker oil is also an option.

Any advice is welcomed!

I think is a common issue with the pike. You can change the bushings, i bought a used one, one year in my hands and for now dont notice that problem.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 7:24 Quote
jonasdh wrote:
juanpkumicho wrote:

Any advice is welcomed!

I think is a common issue with the pike. You can change the bushings, i bought a used one, one year in my hands and for now dont notice that problem.

Thank you for your feedback Jonas! Do you know where to buy or change the bushings? I thought the bushings were not replaceable for these generations of forks.

Is there any other fix, for example thicker oil? Greasing the bushings? Something I could do to keep it alive?

It's pretty strange, because I just serviced the fork like a couple of months ago and the bushings looked like new, it was pretty amazing how they looked, but what do I know...

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
2021 reign owner here, has anyone else had problems with their headset constantly coming loose? Its getting to a point where I need to tighten it multiple times a ride.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
elimartinez422 wrote:
2021 reign owner here, has anyone else had problems with their headset constantly coming loose? Its getting to a point where I need to tighten it multiple times a ride.

Add a headset spacer. Steerer could be a fraction too long and the star nut/bolt can't clamp everything down.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
elimartinez422 wrote:

In addition to that - If it’s tightening up in the first place, check the headset cups for properly seating (not likely) or the star nut for slipping (quite likely).

Obviously check for proper bolt torque on the stem as well, with a real torque wrench. Inspect the threads, etc.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
The 2015 version had a headset with a rubber seal on the top part and you had to press the bars when screwing the bolts on the stem. Since then never had any issues of coming loose...

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 18:07 Quote
Sup, I am thinking of making a Reign my next bike and was hoping to get some insight from people that already own one. I want a bike that is good on trails and on jump lines as well. I ride primarily flow trails with features and jumps rather than super technical stuff. Also, I found a bike park about 2 hours from me that I love that has a lot of jumps and drops I want to be able to ride on. I should also mention that I want the bike to be poppy and playful rather than sluggish feeling. (Generic asks I know). Thank you for any insight you can offer. I am undecided between the stance 2 and the reign 2 at this point, just trying to figure out what would work best for me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018055
Mobile Version of Website