2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 17:02 Quote
toys19 wrote:
warriaza23 wrote:
theMISSIONARY wrote:
yes that could be a problem or cracked paint..... but I am on my second 2016 frame.....

My problem is that I am the second owner, and I have no guarantee

Is there a guarantee for a 2016 bike even if you were the first owner?

i know a guy who has had three replacement Anthem frames all different year frames but they have to replace them under manufacturing faults ,all from being the original purchaser.

warriaza23 i would then try sanding back to the bare metal and then using crack test paint on it...... i hope its ok for you Cry

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
cjwanner wrote:
toys19 wrote:
warriaza23 wrote:

They could offer a crash replacement deal

the warranty doesn't cover crash damage

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
theMISSIONARY wrote:
toys19 wrote:
warriaza23 wrote:

i know a guy who has had three replacement Anthem frames all different year frames but they have to replace them under manufacturing faults ,all from being the original purchaser.

warriaza23 i would then try sanding back to the bare metal and then using crack test paint on it...... i hope its ok for you Cry

Thank you very much, I was checking today for the hole in the cables, I put a lamp and from the inside you cannot see the crack, possibly it is just paint.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
grambikes wrote:
Anyone know the shock specs for the 2019 Reign 2? I think it is 205x62.5. Thinking about putting 205x60 or 65. Has anyone tried this? Any issues?

I have a 2020 Reign 2. OEM shock is 205X62.5. I put a 205X65 coil on it and have had no issues. Changes rear travel to 166mm I believe.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
Does anyone know the max insertion length of 2015-2017 reign 2 in size Large. Can’t find the information anywhere and want to know what size dropper I can fit. Thank you!!

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
matiluk wrote:
Hi,
Giant Reign 2 2016 L size with 180 OneUp dropper post V2 Smile

photo

Wow, it can slam. Any issues? I’m going to get 180mm now. Definitely didn’t think it would slam that nice. I got a 2017 large!

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 15:30 Quote
Anybody know if it's possible to run a 205x65 coil shock in the 2020 Reign 29?

Have read of other people doing it to push the rear travel to around 157mm but haven't seen much about it?

My frame should be here this week so I'm going to take some measurements and see clearance at the seat tube but if anyone already does this is it ok?

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 1:50 Quote
Does anyone in the UK know where to get a decent Enduro bearing kit for the Reign please?

I have a 2018 reign advanced. All I can seem to find on eBay are cheaper kits, whereas I definitely want an Enduro kit

O+
Posted: May 1, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
jeremyk wrote:
Does anyone in the UK know where to get a decent Enduro bearing kit for the Reign please?

I have a 2018 reign advanced. All I can seem to find on eBay are cheaper kits, whereas I definitely want an Enduro kit

I bought mine off ebay about 3 years ago (2015 giant reign 1) i had official enduro bearings but i cant recall the seller and the ebay history wont show that far back on my app.

They are there though

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
URGENT QUESTION!!!

What's the widest rim you guys have fitted on a 2015 reign?
I'm looking into a very well priced raceface AR offset wheels some guy is selling (didn't like them, rode them once, selling them at half the store price) but they're 35mm internal.
I worry that it's too wide for my 2.4 and 2.5 tires, might mess up their profile. What do you think?

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 13:23 Quote
Hi All Reign owners, I have a question that puzzles me, when replacing all the bearings i noticed that the upper pivot arm (if that's what its called) has a lot of play when the bolts are tightened properly. This is before any other linkage is connected. It's almost like there are some spacers missing, but I'm 100% sure that there where no spacers when I removed the pivot arm.

Either the previous owner forgot to put the spacers back on but I have been riding the bike like this for several years without problems, sure it's not the stiffest back-end ever but that's what I have heard about reigns anyway..

..or the frame isa actually designed to have this much play in this specific pivot point? seems weird to me?

(video below showing how much play there is)

https://happyride.se/video/64171/

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
vijo88 wrote:
Hi All Reign owners, I have a question that puzzles me, when replacing all the bearings i noticed that the upper pivot arm (if that's what its called) has a lot of play when the bolts are tightened properly. This is before any other linkage is connected. It's almost like there are some spacers missing, but I'm 100% sure that there where no spacers when I removed the pivot arm.

Either the previous owner forgot to put the spacers back on but I have been riding the bike like this for several years without problems, sure it's not the stiffest back-end ever but that's what I have heard about reigns anyway..

..or the frame isa actually designed to have this much play in this specific pivot point? seems weird to me?

Don't worry, all good. This is one of the things people criticized about this frame, the two completely separate plates of the rocker (you can see newer Reigns all have a single-piece rocker) and the way the bearing is mounted on it. Thankfully when all is bolted there are no major problems except for a bit of flex load on the damper when pedaling.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 0:11 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
vijo88 wrote:

Don't worry, all good. This is one of the things people criticized about this frame, the two completely separate plates of the rocker (you can see newer Reigns all have a single-piece rocker) and the way the bearing is mounted on it. Thankfully when all is bolted there are no major problems except for a bit of flex load on the damper when pedaling.

Thank you so much for answering this question! Now I don't have to try to find those non-existing washers Smile

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
Hello all, I have a 2015 giant reign 1 and need help to find a rear derailleur hanger. It seem that all the ones I'm finding have 2 mounting holes. https://wheelsmfg.com/derailleur-hangers/manufacturers/giant/derailleur-hanger-264.html
My bike shop told me this is wrong so what is correct?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014439
Mobile Version of Website