2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
| Next Page
Author Message
O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 3:21 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:

Be careful with the direct mount cranks sets because they are almost all for boost spacing. Is your bike boost in the rear?

They do different chainrings for boost and non boost spacings for direct mount, of you're buying cranks most will specify the spacing size if it's fixed.

Posted: Dec 18, 2022 at 22:41 Quote
wonkle wrote:
downhiller900sl wrote:

Be careful with the direct mount cranks sets because they are almost all for boost spacing. Is your bike boost in the rear?

They do different chainrings for boost and non boost spacings for direct mount, of you're buying cranks most will specify the spacing size if it's fixed.

That was what I was pointing out. Most direct mount chainrings are for boost. He will have to look closely for a 6mm offset if his rear spacing is not boost, which I doubt being a 2019 MY Reign

Posted: Dec 24, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
hello
anyone tried 29 front wheel on the 27.5 frame?
i'm considering to do that but want some feedback first

Posted: Dec 24, 2022 at 15:24 Quote
jonasdh wrote:
hello
anyone tried 29 front wheel on the 27.5 frame?
i'm considering to do that but want some feedback first



https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/ka81,40454/setup,35470

Posted: Dec 24, 2022 at 18:53 Quote
any downside in your opinion?

Posted: Dec 25, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
jonasdh wrote:
any downside in your opinion?
None! Litterally none!
Rolling - muuuuch better. Diving into oblivion with roots and rocks - more comfortable, confident, smooth. In corners - well, there IS a difference, but not in bad point, it's just different and you just need to get used to it. Jumping (and landing first of all) - again, just get used to it (to more weight at bike's front).

So, for 10000% it was a great and usefull move to get 29' fork and wheel for our 'old' Reign.

But, I didn't just go and buy new components. First, I asked my friend to give me his fork (Fox 36) and wheel (also smth not cheap) (both were in a very good shape - it's important) and I used it for a couple of weeks.

As for components - I went to classic opinion that new 29 fork (for homemade mullet) 'must' be the same travel as stock 27.5.



p.s. Going up - I don't know, I walk ))

Posted: Dec 25, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
ka81 wrote:
jonasdh wrote:
any downside in your opinion?
None! Litterally none!
Rolling - muuuuch better. Diving into oblivion with roots and rocks - more comfortable, confident, smooth. In corners - well, there IS a difference, but not in bad point, it's just different and you just need to get used to it. Jumping (and landing first of all) - again, just get used to it (to more weight at bike's front).

So, for 10000% it was a great and usefull move to get 29' fork and wheel for our 'old' Reign.

But, I didn't just go and buy new components. First, I asked my friend to give me his fork (Fox 36) and wheel (also smth not cheap) (both were in a very good shape - it's important) and I used it for a couple of weeks.

As for components - I went to classic opinion that new 29 fork (for homemade mullet) 'must' be the same travel as stock 27.5.



p.s. Going up - I don't know, I walk ))

thanks a lot Smile

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
ka81 wrote:



bearings

just in case:

Giant Reign bearings and torque specs

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019599
Mobile Version of Website