Info about California Endure Series

PB Forum :: California Enduro Series
Info about California Endure Series
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 11, 2015 at 20:36 Quote
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can answer a few questions about the CA Enduro Series?

1. Is there a course/race description for each race (i.e. what were the transfer and downhill stages like at last year's events)? Do the different classes ride different courses? Do you know this before the race, or not until the day of?

2. How does the timing/start configuration work? Are the courses wide enough to pass, or are you basically stuck behind a slower rider in front of you?

3. What is the pace required on the transfer stages? Are we talking just riding along, or are fairly high efforts required to make the cutoffs?

4. When will registration open for the various events? How quickly do the events sell out?

Thanks a bunch! I've never done an enduro race and was trying to get some information about it?

P.S. 5. Is there a hardtail with flat pedals category!?

Cheers.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 19:56 Quote
Thanks for all the info about the events...

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 9:42 Quote
I have all the same questions. I'm having a hard time finding the details as well.

They now have registration dates on the CA enduro website, but finding other details is difficult for me.

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
From what I have found the trail is the same for all classes, you do get the routes ahead of time at some point; people talk about riding the day before to get a feel for them.

Someone recently posted the transfer stages in the CA enduro race they had done were almost inconsequential.

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 15:47 Quote
1 - The course details are generally provided the week before the race - and you get to pre-ride the course the day before (I guess you can pre-ride sooner if you have the course details a week earlier)

Each course is different -- some courses, like Santa Cruz, were 30 miles with 5000' of climbing -- other courses, like Mammoth, use lifts with less climbing (maybe 1500'). Similarly, the terrain varies for each location - the resorts have rockier terrain, the coastal locals have tighter faster swoopy trails.

All classes ride the same trails -- there have been extra segments added for Pro/Expert Class at some events.

2 - Riders start with 30sec gaps. Generally Pros start first - followed by experts, sports, and then beginners. Passing is like passing on any trail - you are not racing on a fire road.

3 - Transfer times are generous - I'd say you just pedal up at a casual pace - even take a break if needed.

5 - no hardball class

flagstaff wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can answer a few questions about the CA Enduro Series?

1. Is there a course/race description for each race (i.e. what were the transfer and downhill stages like at last year's events)? Do the different classes ride different courses? Do you know this before the race, or not until the day of?

2. How does the timing/start configuration work? Are the courses wide enough to pass, or are you basically stuck behind a slower rider in front of you?

3. What is the pace required on the transfer stages? Are we talking just riding along, or are fairly high efforts required to make the cutoffs?

4. When will registration open for the various events? How quickly do the events sell out?

Thanks a bunch! I've never done an enduro race and was trying to get some information about it?

P.S. 5. Is there a hardtail with flat pedals category!?

Cheers.

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 16:04 Quote
@smgemelos

Thanks a bunch. This info is quite helpful.

Does the http://californiaenduroseries.com website provide the course info, or is it the individual event sponsors?

Cheers.

Posted: Apr 30, 2015 at 13:22 Quote
Individual race directors post their info -- the CES website has links to each race website.

flagstaff wrote:
@smgemelos

Thanks a bunch. This info is quite helpful.

Does the http://californiaenduroseries.com website provide the course info, or is it the individual event sponsors?

Cheers.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 16:16 Quote
Hi Everyone

I have a registration for battle born Enduro but unable to go to to severe poison oak infection. I will open to transfer my reg if anyone needs a slot (since event is sold out) PM me

Thanks
E Erwin Roubaix Ruiz​

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 18:13 Quote
Thanks smgemelos for the info, wish I'd known the wildwood enduro was going to be 58 miles over two days before I'd signed up.

Oh well, guess I'll jump in to enduro with both feet.

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 22:37 Quote
Hi there,

I would like to purchase your Wild Wood registration via PayPal. Please private message me or reply to this post.

Thank you,

Dylan Bruce

Email: dylsworth@live.com

CES Rider ID: NB1WRFQV

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 22:46 Quote
Hi there,

I would like to purchase your Ashland Mountain registration via PayPal. Please private message me or reply to this post.

Thank you,

Dylan Bruce

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 22:46 Quote
Hi there,

I would like to purchase your Wild Wood registration via PayPal. Please private message me or reply to this post.

Thank you,

Dylan Bruce

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006349
Mobile Version of Website