Powered by Outside

Rockshox sektor 150mm on a Diamondback Recoil

PB Forum :: 29ers
Rockshox sektor 150mm on a Diamondback Recoil
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2015 at 13:27 Quote
Hi, been thinking about upgrading my fork to a longer travel since I've been riding more agressive tracks lately, but not sure if the longer travel will f*ck up my bike's geometry too much.. what do you guys think? keep in mind that I live in a country (Venezuela) that has a currency exchange control, and dollars are hard to come by.. so if you're gonna tell me that i should just get a longer travel bike, well, it's not so easy for me so I have to make due with what I Have. My current fork is a rockshox XC32TK 100mm.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 12:20 Quote
I think that much of a increase would screw up the recoils geometry. I ride a recoil as well and was thinking of an upgrade but wouldn't go above 130 and that's pressing it.

Posted: Jan 21, 2015 at 14:17 Quote
It would not only mess up the geometry but it would void the warranty of your frame most likely. In general, you should limit travel to 20mm more than stock (in your case this would mean no longer than 120mm). Even this will likely void the warranty, but it should be safe, and won't mess up the geometry as much.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007094
Mobile Version of Website